The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nolan Patrick requests trade

1 hour ago, Provost said:

I would do that for sure.  Both guys have had injury problems and haven’t done that much in the league… Patrick has done more but also has mor red flags.

This is the sort of deal where you buy really low instead of buying at a player’s really really low point.

FTFY lol.

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'd do Virtanen in a second

2 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

This, trade an outright problem for a project who might help in the future if he has a clean bill of health.

Even if the charges are cleared he has negative value. Picking him up means you can't spend 2.5 mil on a different player whos performed better then Virtanen this season. Mark my words if the charges clear he will be bought out and on his way to Russia soon enough. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats why I think OJ is enough. If Philly can turn Patrick into a top 4 d thats a win for them. I wouldn't do the pick swap tho with the drop off after 10 this year.

If his migraine issues are over, could be a big steal. 

Whoops I actually didn’t pay attention.  I wouldn’t do the puck swap either… I was reading the OJ for Patrick swap straight up.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

https://info.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/flyers-nolan-patrick-has-reportedly-requested-a-trade?fbclid=IwAR1NA8nqiqnLNUT-20-oTb42gY5MJeOc63WUjv6AFm34WBH91i7osExDKfE

Patrick has requested a trade, could we swing an OJ for Patrick deal?

Could fill our #3c needs, and OJ was not trusted much by Green and maybe he could do well under AV?

I have said it many times never pick a WHL player unless you want to waste a pick especially in the 1st round

• RoughGame 4

3 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

OJ & #9 overall for Patrick & #13 overall?

LOL 

I would rather pick a BCHLer than a WHLer in the 1sr round

Never mind give up on OJ who played OHL and a 9th round pick

WHLer are a waste of time especially for a 1st round pick

• RoughGame 4

3 hours ago, Ovi one kenobi said:

Don't think he's worth that much for a trade up. I would think based on the injury history and how he's performed in the NHL so far that the return would be something like a 3rd round pick + a project/minor prospect.

So right I wouldn't even trade a bag of pucks for a WHLer

• RoughGame 2

3 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Philly desperately needs a RHD to replace what they lost in Matt Niskanen.

Not saying Patrick would be the direct piece, but I'd assume he may be part of a deal to pull in a RHD.

RHD are woth something WHLers aren't

• RoughGame 2

3 hours ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Quick wiki shows hes had shoulder and hernia problems since he was young, last year had migraines in preseason. 

Hes broken. I dont think hes worth even Virtanen at this point. 

He's broken not because of injuries 

He is broken because he played in the WHL

• RoughGame 1

2 hours ago, Provost said:

I would do that for sure.  Both guys have had injury problems and haven’t done that much in the league… Patrick has done more but also has mor red flags.

This is the sort of deal where you buy really low instead of buying at a player’s high point.

Edit… I clearly wasn’t paying enough attention.  I would do the player swap straight up, not swap picks as well.

WHLers have inflated numbers bad attitudes. Patrick wont ever be more than what he is now. OJ will become a solid Defensive defenseman with some offensive upside. Patrick will be out of the league by the time he is 26 years old playing in Europe.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

3 hours ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Virtanen for Patrick. Thats all id do. Patrick sounds like he’s borderline bust at this point. 

This might be more palatable - one for one.  JV might become the next LeClair for the flyers (but LeClair had Lindros & Renberg).  If there able to line him up with someone who drives the play then it might be a good fit for them and we get an often injured 3C ?