The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] nashville/kings arvidsson To LA: Arvidsson To NAS: 2021 2nd RD, 2022 3rd RD

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The Kings are terrible.  They will now be slightly better than terrible.  Our young core guys a way better than theirs.  

Vancouver 2.6 GF per game LA 2.5 GF per game. 
Vancouver 3.3 GA per game, La 3.0GA per game.

Looks like they are slightly better than terrible (with us as the terrible baseline)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Alflives said:

Arvidson has been on a steady decline.  He’s tiny.  This is a steal of two very good picks for Poile. 

Arvidson is a good player and should pot 20 goals in LA. He plays similar to Hoglander and hogs said Arvidson is someone he models his game after. 

On 7/1/2021 at 9:43 AM, awalk said:

Imagine doing a full re-build and leveraging cap space to gain assets. Sigh...

First off Benning did just that when he traded for JT and Nate.

2nd, all we ever hear from the Benning haters is how he was an idiot for trading picks for roster players.

I'm not saying everyone needs to be a fan of Benning but at least be consistent.

This trade IMO is pretty meh for the kings and in what world have they been doing a full rebuild?

They have Daughty, Kopitar, Brown, Quick still what you call a rebuild I call a team that just flat-out sucks.

Looking at their prospect pool I see some guys that already haven't progressed the way many thought they would and if Byfield doesn't become a #1 centre things might not look as good as was expected 1-2 year's ago. Their goalie of the future struggled this season in a division that only had one really elite offensive team and Turcotte so far looks like a whiff for a 3rd overall. They don't have a 1d in the pipeline and just my opinion but Byfield was the typical bigger than everyone else in JR which inflated his game. Madden is the next Gaudette, not good enough to be a 2c and to small and not good enough defensively to be an effective 3c. They will be a bottom 3 team in the pacific next season, perhaps last.

• Like 2

On 7/1/2021 at 6:46 PM, Bertuzzipunch said:

This is good to show the people that think GMs wont make trades to try and get assets for someone they know will be picked by seattle. 

Yes but it’s circumstancial to the team, if you have two really good players you don’t trade one and lose the other via draft, if you have an obvious pick and the next one down on the list you are fine with losing then trading out and losing a men player it’s beneficial as that player is replaceable and at least you get something back.

What most people in CDC are proposing is for teams that are in the former situation and it’s highly unlikely they will want to lose two good players 

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

As much as I like Petey, Makar definitely still goes above him, and you could make a strong argument for Heiskanen.

3 absolute pillars though - and many people just don't understand hockey well enough to know Heiskanen's true value. Can't go wrong with either. With all respect to Hischier, he's at best the 5th best player to come out of that draft. Suzuki is an absolute force, and I'm personally a bigger fan of Necas than I am of Hischier. Then there was this guy that went 2OA, but for the life of me, I can't remember who that player was... 

2 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

3 absolute pillars though - and many people just don't understand hockey well enough to know Heiskanen's true value. Can't go wrong with either. With all respect to Hischier, he's at best the 5th best player to come out of that draft. Suzuki is an absolute force, and I'm personally a bigger fan of Necas than I am of Hischier. Then there was this guy that went 2OA, but for the life of me, I can't remember who that player was... 

2OA that year was Nolan Patrick. His migraine issues set him back.  

On 7/4/2021 at 10:37 AM, King Heffy said:

As much as I like Petey, Makar definitely still goes above him, and you could make a strong argument for Heiskanen.

You know you said top 2.... The majority of people would have Petey top 2.