The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] nashville/kings arvidsson To LA: Arvidsson To NAS: 2021 2nd RD, 2022 3rd RD

I would assume LA is not done adding yet. Doughty and leaders of the LA Kings vehemently asked Blake to add pieces.

With their plethora of picks and prospects, I expect some more moves to be made by LA, don't look now, but they may become very good and competitive quickly here.

• Vintage 2

14 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I would assume LA is not done adding yet. Doughty and leaders of the LA Kings vehemently asked Blake to add pieces.

With their plethora of picks and prospects, I expect some more moves to be made by LA, don't look now, but they may become very good and competitive quickly here.

Yeah, they pretty much did the opposite of JB during his re tool or extended rebuild: Blake accumulated picks, traded assets and did not waste cap space.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

Nashville trading Arvidsson makes me speculate that they want to go the 8 players 1 goalie route to protect their top 4 dman.

Meaning there are likely more chances to poach a forward out of Nashville depending who they are wanting to protect. Someone like Calle Jarnkrok or Colton Sissons might become available.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

The Kings will get to mediocre quickly, and get stuck there.  Keep the picks and continue to build through the draft.  

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, they pretty much did the opposite of JB during his re tool or extended rebuild: Blake accumulated picks, traded assets and did not waste cap space.

Imagine doing a full re-build and leveraging cap space to gain assets. Sigh...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Nashville trading Arvidsson makes me speculate that they want to go the 8 players 1 goalie route to protect their top 4 dman.

Meaning there are likely more chances to poach a forward out of Nashville depending who they are wanting to protect. Someone like Calle Jarnkrok or Colton Sissons might become available.

Wasn’t there a Jake for Sissons trade floated before?  

2 minutes ago, awalk said:

Imagine doing a full re-build and leveraging cap space to gain assets. Sigh...

Arvidson has been on a steady decline.  He’s tiny.  This is a steal of two very good picks for Poile. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2