The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 NHL Entry Draft

1 minute ago, winthecup said:

and you dont think that could be improved upon as he matures into a man and gets more strength? 

I hope so. I'm a canucks fan. When I get over missing on Bichsel I'll fully embrace this kid as our guy. But right now I'm really disappointed in MGMT for being lame ducks on Miller and at the draft taking a guy in what is basically our only area of depth RW. At least take a speedy winger if youre taking a winger. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Screeching how, exactly?  I made an observation and at least 4 people went off the rails.......if it looks like triggered and smells like triggered, well ...........

Boys we could be making fun of the coil for taking yet another forward.. not bickering amongst ourselves! 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

3 at the earliest, imo, and that will be in the bottom 6, i reckon.

The kid is 17. So even on the super ambitious EP path......

One more year in Sweden to grow up. One more to actually be good in the SEL. Then year three a real chance to make the team.

We need to find some chefs to feed this kid so he grows (and send meals to EP and huggy).

Oh and squats. Squats squats squats. Learn to hate summer when it's all about squats.

Just now, stawns said:

Screeching how, exactly?  I made an observation and at least 4 people went off the rails.......if it looks like triggered and smells like triggered, well ...........

I posted something ridiculous in a very popular thread, and multiple people called me out on it! They must be triggered!”

lmao cope.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

While we need Centers and Dmen, while we need speed, and while we need size, we picked a RWer with average skating and who is small.  However, I am excited that we got the BPA.  I did not see him below 10 on a mock and he was as high as 7.  We got him at 15, this was a brainer.   They obviously like him more than Kemmel.  We should be pumped EP, Quinn, Podz, Hogs, and now Maki all drafted later than they should have been.

Yes we should be excited, we could always trade one of our many wingers for and good young d man anyways. Not a bad thing to have a surplus of skilled young forwards. So if we have to clear cap and get something good in return, we have options through trades.

Just now, hammertime said:

They took Reid Schaefer thats a great pick!

Lambert would have been a steal if Oilers had gotten their hands on him so am happy they couldn't draft him. I will say that Oilers getting more forwards doesn't really help fix their main problem at D so am also glad they did not get a Nemec, Jiric or Minty

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, ronthecivil said:

The kid is 17. So even on the super ambitious EP path......

One more year in Sweden to grow up. One more to actually be good in the SEL. Then year three a real chance to make the team.

We need to find some chefs to feed this kid so he grows (and send meals to EP and huggy).

Oh and squats. Squats squats squats. Learn to hate summer when it's all about squats.

Agreed.

I reckon 4 years from the start of this season is when we see him playing full-time. 

7 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Well that was fun. As expected we are never apart or anything big but it is what it is. If we can move Myers for a 2nd rounder + that's pretty good too

Chicago can go screw themselves for helping the Leafs and not making them pay much. Holland pulls a Holland so it's not all a loss

Holland giving up boatloads of draft just to get rid of Kassian, a contract he signed btw, was great comedic relief of this draft. He is exactly similar to Benning, giving up picks to correct a dumb mistake of signing 4th liners for top 6 contracts. Hope Oilers keep Holland for a long time

• Cheers 1

Imagine getting drafted by the Canucks and being him. This must have been his dream team for real for so many reasons 

and I think they are going to give him ever support or resource needed to develop into his absolute best version of himself

Feeling m very bullish on this pick 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Agreed.

I reckon 4 years from the start of this season is when we see him playing full-time. 

4 years is too long, I predict he will come here after 2 more years of seasoning in Sweden. I don't think he needs a lot of development because he has elite shot and vision. That type of player transitions quickly into the NHL, similar to Pettersson. He just needs to get stronger and hit the gym.

3 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Boys we could be making fun of the coil for taking yet another forward.. not bickering amongst ourselves! 

Agreed! And who is there goalie? Mrazic "sweepstakes" are done, and so is EDM. 

You'd think when they score around 14 goals in 4 games but still get swept that may be a priority. 

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

4 years is too long, I predict he will come here after 2 more years of seasoning in Sweden. I don't think he needs a lot of development because he has elite shot and vision. That type of player transitions quickly into the NHL, similar to Pettersson. He just needs to get stronger and hit the gym.

His skating isn't at the NHL level, and I believe his rights are held by the Vancouver Giants. 

I'm not sure if 2 years is a viable reality. 

• Like 1

Looking at his draft year, he compares very well to Lucas Raymond.  Some seem to think he is a very good skater.  I'm getting more and more pumped about this guy.

Lekkermaki

Rathbone

Klimovich

McDonough

Karlsson

Drops off quite a bit after that, but not too bad considering our young group with EP, Huggy, Boes, Podz, Hogs.

1 minute ago, Dixon Ward said:

Looking at his draft year, he compares very well to Lucas Raymond.  Some seem to think he is a very good skater.  I'm getting more and more pumped about this guy.

Lekkermaki

Rathbone

Klimovich

McDonough

Karlsson

Drops off quite a bit after that, but not too bad considering our young group with EP, Huggy, Boes, Podz, Hogs.

And Miller....

:bigblush: