The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 NHL Entry Draft

If the top 14 stick relatively true to most of the mock drafts I feel Ohgren is the guy Canucks take.  I really love Yurov though.  I think if he can come over soon  like Klimovich it would be a steal of a pick.

3 hours ago, Screw said:

If the top 14 stick relatively true to most of the mock drafts I feel Ohgren is the guy Canucks take.  I really love Yurov though.  I think if he can come over soon  like Klimovich it would be a steal of a pick.

There’s a lot of talk about them being high on all three Swedes so wouldn’t be surprised if they high ohgren

There are good reasons why Ryan Chesley is ranked as a borderline first rounder by most of the scouting services. The following report is a good source for getting more information on the player's strength and deficiencies.

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2022/6/29/23182772/ryan-chesley-2022-nhl-draft-prospect-profile-scouting-report-rankings-defensive-display-usntdp

8 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

We can't take anyone who's issue is skating.  It is a skating league.   Anyone we take in any round should be a strong skater with speed.  We shouldn't be gambling that they can figure it out.

Depends on if scouts think the issue is fixable (e.g., mechanics rather than effort/athleticism). Just look at Bo Horvat. 

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

Depends on if scouts think the issue is fixable (e.g., mechanics rather than effort/athleticism). Just look at Bo Horvat. 

We will draft another key core piece at 15OA - Brad Lambert.  He has a very high ceiling.  

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, R3aL said:

Haha you don’t think they’ve done anything yet? 

They've shuffled around some deck chairs. Gave Brock a raise, tossed Motte for scraps, Dermott for Hammonic schweet. They had an all women job fair which is kinda neat. Hired and fired some pencil pushers. Still waiting for JR to put his stamp on this team cuz tight now its still JB's roster.

Edited by hammertime

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We will draft another key core piece at 15OA - Brad Lambert.  He has a very high ceiling.  

I would be good with this. Draft him not for the player he is today but the player he has the tools to become. If JR is serious about getting faster it would be a good step. 

• Like 1

Just now, hammertime said:

I would be good with this. Draft him not for the player he is today but the player he has the tools to become. If JR is serious about getting faster it would be a good step. 

I don’t think a player with Lambert’s ceiling (elite play driving centre akin to Brayden Point) will fall to us, but if he does I will be super excited to get him.  He could play in Abbotsford next year too.  

Would make trading Miller an even better move because there’s a young centre/wing with potential to play to six.  

We need more elite players, who have speed (with puck on stick) to drive play at hyper speed.  Lambert does that.  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don’t think a player with Lambert’s ceiling (elite play driving centre akin to Brayden Point) will fall to us, but if he does I will be super excited to get him.  He could play in Abbotsford next year too.  

Would make trading Miller an even better move because there’s a young centre/wing with potential to play to six.  

We need more elite players, who have speed (with puck on stick) to drive play at hyper speed.  Lambert does that.  

do you really think his ceiling is a guy like Point? I need to go do some more reading up on this guy. 

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

do you really think his ceiling is a guy like Point? I need to go do some more reading up on this guy. 

Blazing speed seems to be the consensus; a little selfish with the puck perhaps needs to work on playmaking.

If he does turn out like Point, that is a player every team needs and wants.  Where was Point taken again?

1 minute ago, Goal:thecup said:

Blazing speed seems to be the consensus; a little selfish with the puck perhaps needs to work on playmaking.

If he does turn out like Point, that is a player every team needs and wants.  Where was Point taken again?

3rd round. 

Just going over the reports on him again, what concerns me is Button having him in the 2nd round. He was the only major scout that had Virtanen out of the 1st round too. 

3 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Lambert is 6' 

Point can't reach the cookie jar. 

• Haha 2

There is a reason why Bob has him ranked only at #16 and NOT in the top 10. Following is from a scouting report on Brad Lambert. Other scouting services have mentioned similar

observations.

But, Lambert has been criticized for his lack of effort. Perhaps this is something that can be attributed to being an 18-year-old or just a general lack of motor, but scouts have criticized Lambert for taking shifts off. A very ephemeral criticism, but one that is present enough to have draft experts wary of Lambert and has caused some to suggest that he will fall in the draft.

3 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

There is a reason why Bob has him ranked only at #16 and NOT in the top 10. Following is from a scouting report on Brad Lambert. Other scouting services have mentioned similar

observations.

But, Lambert has been criticized for his lack of effort. Perhaps this is something that can be attributed to being an 18-year-old or just a general lack of motor, but scouts have criticized Lambert for taking shifts off. A very ephemeral criticism, but one that is present enough to have draft experts wary of Lambert and has caused some to suggest that he will fall in the draft.

At 15 he would probably be the highest cieling player available other than maybe the russians. Hmm wasn't Barzal drafted at 15?