The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

10 hours ago, appleboy said:

When Bure hit the league and was healthy he was the most skilled player. He could do things at high speed that no one else could do. His fitness level was upto todays standards. He was special. 

Injuries caught up with him quickly.

Nowadays there are lots of players with his talents. High level of fitness is expected out of everyone. Today he would be a top six forward. He would not be a franchise player .  

That is the way I see it.   

When you read Bure's story about training for Red Army hockey you soon realize that training went beyond hockey. Red Army hockey was a political entity. The training was a tactic and the goal was world dominance in hockey which would vindicate the communist system. My impression at the time was Larinov's empathy for the struggle Krutov faced without the discipline of military regimen. His self discipline wasn't there.  

• Vintage 1

5 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Defencemen can skate a lot better now than they did back then, so you can't really say Pavel would make todays Dmen look like pylons. Add to the fact that todays player, most treat hockey as a 365 day/ 7 days a week job where they train year around, not to mention all the nutritional advances, todays players are probably just as fit as Pavel was back in his heyday

Of course he would. Bure would have access to todays training, he'd be a beast. Its not like they make people differently today, he was extremely athletic.

McDavid back then wouldn't have had the same junior experience and training either, and he'd have to contend with a much more physical game.

We know Pavel could deal with the physicality, and we know McDavid can't.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

49 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Of course he would. Bure would have access to todays training, he'd be a beast. Its not like they make people differently today, he was extremely athletic.

McDavid back then wouldn't have had the same junior experience and training either, and he'd have to contend with a much more physical game.

We know Pavel could deal with the physicality, and we know McDavid can't.

Just ask Churla what he thinks of Pavel’s toughness and meanness.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, RomanP said:

Wow, you just don’t give up, do you? When you are talking to someone regularly, especially after they’ve been in a press box for 2 games, you would see a “temper” if one existed. I’m not going to argue with you anymore, but every time you will post something unfounded and stupid like this, I will call you out on this. And, btw, looking at Vancouver hockey media - it’s primarily built from shmucks who pretend to write professionally.

thanks for providing some real insight on this kid, I'm super excited we have him.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Boudrias said:

When you read Bure's story about training for Red Army hockey you soon realize that training went beyond hockey. Red Army hockey was a political entity. The training was a tactic and the goal was world dominance in hockey which would vindicate the communist system. My impression at the time was Larinov's empathy for the struggle Krutov faced without the discipline of military regimen. His self discipline wasn't there.  

I wonder what the Western society would be like if all 18 year old men had to serve 12 months, meaning to wake up at 6am, make their beds, go for a run, exercise and whatever else it entails. 

6 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I wonder what the Western society would be like if all 18 year old men had to serve 12 months, meaning to wake up at 6am, make their beds, go for a run, exercise and whatever else it entails. 

Hey, don't leave the gals out by themselves.

Mandatory 12 months for every citizen, or for no citizen.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Back in the '50s, '60s and '70s most Euro countries had the males serving 1-2yrs.  There are still some that still do; especially int he Eastern Euro countries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RomanP said:

Wow, you just don’t give up, do you? When you are talking to someone regularly, especially after they’ve been in a press box for 2 games, you would see a “temper” if one existed. I’m not going to argue with you anymore, but every time you will post something unfounded and stupid like this, I will call you out on this. And, btw, looking at Vancouver hockey media - it’s primarily built from shmucks who pretend to write professionally.

lmao! it wasn't written by Vancouver media at all.. YOU don't give up do you, go have a look at hockeydb and a ton of others are too professional to be written in Vancouver by the bush league media and I'd never quote ANYTHING written by them! but nice try though. So again, how long have you known him? Have you followed him a long time before he showed up in Van? Or do you refuse to answer that question still? 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Back in the '50s, '60s and '70s most Euro countries had the males serving 1-2yrs.  There are still some that still do; especially int he Eastern Euro countries.

80s and 90s... 

Finish hockey players had to go back to serve their year as recently as 15 years ago I think. I seem to remember Saku Koivu (my all time favourite player) and Temmu Selanne having to do it. 

49 minutes ago, gurn said:

Hey, don't leave the gals out by themselves.

Mandatory 12 months for every citizen, or for no citizen.

Most countries did that for men. Israel is the only one that I can think of that had it mandatory for women too. 

1 hour ago, iceman64 said:

lmao! it wasn't written by Vancouver media at all.. YOU don't give up do you, go have a look at hockeydb and a ton of others are too professional to be written in Vancouver by the bush league media and I'd never quote ANYTHING written by them! but nice try though. So again, how long have you known him? Have you followed him a long time before he showed up in Van? Or do you refuse to answer that question still? 

If you are going to crap all over a Canuck player/prospect with some claim about poor character, either include a link to whatever "source" you have, or go back under your bridge and share your crap with your hairy smelly disgusting brethren. When you spout this kind of nonsense without any actual evidence of Klim's alleged bad temper, you are just making it blatantly obvious what you are.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, iceman64 said:

Also, you haven't provided any link to any of your beloved "writers" that would say anything about his "temper". The only article that I found that has "temper" in the text is the one that has a sentence about "expectations should be TEMPERed due to small size of scouting". Perhaps the problem is with your reading comprehension of English language?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RomanP said:

Perhaps the problem is with your reading comprehension of English language?

Perhaps it's not a big problem at all ;)

Hey, does Artur Silovs speak Russian? Is he able to spend time with any Russian speakers? Must be tough for Danila? 

1 hour ago, RomanP said:

Also, you haven't provided any link to any of your beloved "writers" that would say anything about his "temper". The only article that I found that has "temper" in the text is the one that has a sentence about "expectations should be TEMPERed due to small size of scouting". Perhaps the problem is with your reading comprehension of English language?

It’s pretty cool (and very welcoming) for a local person to help out someone new to our country.  With Klim being so young is he living with a host family?