The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Keep seeing videos of Podz and Danila working hard every day in the summer with skills development coaches.  

Great to see that they stayed in North America. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2023 at 8:23 PM, Ted Lasso said:

With skills coaches like Adam Oates having measurable success with Horvat and Schenn, I’m expecting to see more players make this kind of investment in themselves.

Would like to see Oates be a part time consultant for the entire team. Can help teach the C's how to be better at faceoffs and give advice on the PP. With the money NHL players make, yes I agree they should be doing all they can to get better and or earn a spot on a team. 

Problem is players have agents, they are greedy and NHL contracts are guaranteed money, not based on a players performance like say the NFL. So, once a LoSerSSon signs a 6yr 36m deal he knows he is set for life, or when Oscar Myers signs his 30m deal with a 5m Signing Bonus just at training camps starts in the final year of his deal...they are protected financially with how these mamoth contracts can be protected with trade protection and signing bonuses etc.

Tickets only get more expensive, the concession is highway robbery for what that food costs. Yet the only people who suffer are the fans attending the games and paying the insane prices.

We got so many wingers it will be good for Klimovich to have another full year down in the AHL. I am hoping we can move out a few wingers between now and the TDL to give more ice time to some younger players and maybe a mid to late season call up for Karlsson and maybe a couple others in Abbotsford. 

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, Neutral said:

Would like to see Oates be a part time consultant for the entire team. Can help teach the C's how to be better at faceoffs and give advice on the PP. With the money NHL players make, yes I agree they should be doing all they can to get better and or earn a spot on a team. 

Problem is players have agents, they are greedy and NHL contracts are guaranteed money, not based on a players performance like say the NFL. So, once a LoSerSSon signs a 6yr 36m deal he knows he is set for life, or when Oscar Myers signs his 30m deal with a 5m Signing Bonus just at training camps starts in the final year of his deal...they are protected financially with how these mamoth contracts can be protected with trade protection and signing bonuses etc.

Tickets only get more expensive, the concession is highway robbery for what that food costs. Yet the only people who suffer are the fans attending the games and paying the insane prices.

We got so many wingers it will be good for Klimovich to have another full year down in the AHL. I am hoping we can move out a few wingers between now and the TDL to give more ice time to some younger players and maybe a mid to late season call up for Karlsson and maybe a couple others in Abbotsford. 

Great points. If Oates would accept a PT role with the team, we should be offering him twice his fees.

I’m also anxious to trade a winger or two, but a couple preseason injuries could change that in a hurry.

4 hours ago, Ted Lasso said:

Great points. If Oates would accept a PT role with the team, we should be offering him twice his fees.

I’m also anxious to trade a winger or two, but a couple preseason injuries could change that in a hurry.

I'll worry when Motte shows up on a PTO.

• Haha 1

On 8/16/2023 at 8:23 PM, Ted Lasso said:

With skills coaches like Adam Oates having measurable success with Horvat and Schenn, I’m expecting to see more players make this kind of investment in themselves.

Wow. I had no idea Oates was doing that. Wasn’t he a head coach at one point?

1 hour ago, Citizen Erased said:

Wow. I had no idea Oates was doing that. Wasn’t he a head coach at one point?

Yeah he worked with Bo on his shot last off season, which got some press. Schenn also attributed some of his resurgence to Oates helping him with details in his game.

Had to look it up, but yes, Oates was a coach for the Devils and Caps

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 7:32 PM, Ted Lasso said:

Yeah he worked with Bo on his shot last off season, which got some press. Schenn also attributed some of his resurgence to Oates helping him with details in his game.

Had to look it up, but yes, Oates was a coach for the Devils and Caps

Awesome. Can we get him to work with Hughes on his shot? Right now, I think it’s the only weakness in his game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Citizen Erased said:

Awesome. Can we get him to work with Hughes on his shot? Right now, I think it’s the only weakness in his game.

Wonder if the Sedins could twist Daniel Alfredsson's arm to work w Huggy on his shot. Alfy had a cannon. Another option though a right handed shot may be Garland I remember John and John mentioning Garly clapped one 98mph which is remarkable it's not Chara but Garlands mechanics may be more what Quinn needs to put some pop in his shot. 

That being said Salo had a bomb but he did the most damage by just getting well timed and placed pucks through.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Wonder if the Sedins could twist Daniel Alfredsson's arm to work w Huggy on his shot. Alfy had a cannon. Another option though a right handed shot may be Garland I remember John and John mentioning Garly clapped one 98mph which is remarkable it's not Chara but Garlands mechanics may be more what Quinn needs to put some pop in his shot. 

That being said Salo had a bomb but he did the most damage by just getting well timed and placed pucks through.

I would like those guys to work with him as well. Plus, there’s Gonchar as well.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, hammertime said:

Garland has a muffin shot. If he could shoot the puck he’d see PP time. 

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Garland has a muffin shot. If he could shoot the puck he’d see PP time. 

Ya I'm gonna have to disagree on that. Garly can rip it. 

The release on this snap

Hughes doesn't shoot like this on his best day. 

Now I'm not saying he has an elite one timer don't be silly but it's definitely not a muffin and if Hughes could shoot like Garland he'd be a lot more dangerous. Hughes will never shoot like Weber but he may be able to learn a thing or 2 from Garland on how to generate a bit more pop at his stature. 

• There it is 1

2 hours ago, CanuckleHorse said:

Watching him grow is pretty amazing this is almost a homegrown talent we had him since he was 18 that’s close enough.

And he's still only 20 years old. 

This kid knows how to put the puck in the net. 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

And he's still only 20 years old. 

This kid knows how to put the puck in the net. 

Thats why Benning drafted him after his 5G WJC performance. I don't think he will make it on skill alone though I'd like to see him get his nose dirtier this year. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Thats why Benning drafted him after his 5G WJC performance. I don't think he will make it on skill alone though I'd like to see him get his nose dirtier this year. 

I think this year we'll see him round his game out.  He has tons of potential.  Kinda what Virtanen was supposed to be but without the blazing speed.  He's not slow but he ain't fast either.  Ultimately, he has all the physical tools to be a good middle six NHL player, just not sure if he has the level of hockey sense needed to stay in the show.... He's really young so, might just be a maturity thing.  This year should tell us what we really have in Klim.

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2