The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

On 4/16/2023 at 9:51 PM, RomanP said:

I’m going to the first playoff game on Wednesday and will see Danila after the game. If you have any questions for him - reply to this post. I’ll try to ask.

Please just wish him all the very best. 
We are all rooting for him to succeed. 

Really looking forward to see him eventually make the jump to the big team. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

On 4/16/2023 at 5:35 PM, Kuzy said:

Question for Danila - what's the main improvement he's seen in himself this year, and what's his main focus while training this summer? Thanks!

He's more consistent in all the aspects of the game beyond just pure offense. Learning to play 200 feet game. The main focus to try and find as much available ice as possible :-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, RomanP said:

He's more consistent in all the aspects of the game beyond just pure offense. Learning to play 200 feet game. The main focus to try and find as much available ice as possible :-)

As in playing time by working on the aspects of his game set by the coaching staff (Sedin's)?

4 hours ago, RomanP said:

That's great to hear. Thanks for taking the time Roman!

5 hours ago, RomanP said:

Yeap.

Yep. Danika was playing like the big guy that he is, and that sure got an opponent annoyed enough to take a penalty. That means: do it more! First playoff game. He and his line mates will be much mir3 loose for game two. They will have awesome games!

• 2 weeks later...

I see a C by Klimovich’s name, and he was drafted as a winger.

he has the size and seems to have grown into an AHLer in his young career.

As a second rounder, he is not expected to take an instant leap, and he was the youngest player in the AHL in his first year, so does he have NHL potential as a Center, or is that just optimism.

not saying top six, but a NHL Center capable of taking NHL draws?

4 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

I see a C by Klimovich’s name, and he was drafted as a winger.

he has the size and seems to have grown into an AHLer in his young career.

As a second rounder, he is not expected to take an instant leap, and he was the youngest player in the AHL in his first year, so does he have NHL potential as a Center, or is that just optimism.

not saying top six, but a NHL Center capable of taking NHL draws?

It's a typo, he's never been a center 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2023 at 10:37 PM, CanuckleHorse said:

I hope he takes MMA because this kids got giant stones and he likes to stick up for himself and teammates which makes me worry because he’d drop em even if it’s not in his best interest it’s just the way he’s wired.

I highly doubt he will be dropping them often - he hates fighting.

On 5/23/2023 at 7:37 PM, CanuckleHorse said:

I hope he takes MMA because this kids got giant stones and he likes to stick up for himself and teammates which makes me worry because he’d drop em even if it’s not in his best interest it’s just the way he’s wired.

Let's hope so, but Jurmo's father's an MMA fighter. 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, RomanP said:

I highly doubt he will be dropping them often - he hates fighting.

If he trains with Burroughs and Lucic locally, I'm sure that those guys can give him pointers.