The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

23 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

More offensive flair and potential then Podz, but Podz has years of high end hockey development in the bag already. Coming up through CSKA academy must be pretty good for a young hockey player. 

I'm really excited for another year of Klim's development with the Sedins, Cull, and the rest of the team. 

The idea of a bigger meaner Podz... man oh man... but yes one step at the time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/26/2022 at 2:34 AM, RomanP said:

Klim is working hard in the offseason. He's been skating in Ladner with multiple NHLers (from Canucks - Burroughs and Chiason). Went to Mexico - and still worked out there at the "all inclusive". Unlike most of us - he came back from Mexico weighing less than before he went there lol. Now he's back to skating in Ladner with the boys. As per his wife - "he's training every day, even if it's an off day. That's what he's used to doing".

Great to hear him putting in the effort...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 6/25/2022 at 6:34 PM, RomanP said:

Klim is working hard in the offseason. He's been skating in Ladner with multiple NHLers (from Canucks - Burroughs and Chiason). Went to Mexico - and still worked out there at the "all inclusive". Unlike most of us - he came back from Mexico weighing less than before he went there lol. Now he's back to skating in Ladner with the boys. As per his wife - "he's training every day, even if it's an off day. That's what he's used to doing".

Klim is big.  He’s big.  He’s skilled.  And it sure sounds like he’s hyper competitive.  Guys with hyper compete will put in the extra work.  Love hearing that about him.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Our new guys from the east are determined to improve this team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muttley said:

Danila Klimovich

Right Wing -- shoots R
Born Jan 9 2003 -- Pinsk, Belarus
[19 yrs. ago]
Height 6.01 -- Weight 208 [185 cm/94 kg]
Drafted by Vancouver Canucks
- round 2 #41 overall 2021 NHL Entry Draft  

He's pretty big. Not a giant but good sized. Just right for a power forward. Just needs time. 

I can guarantee you he’s taller than 185 cm. He’s in 188-190 range.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RomanP said:

I can guarantee you he’s taller than 185 cm. He’s in 188-190 range.

Man you seem to know alot about him

I havent followed Abby much.

What happened last year? I heard his play tailed off. Was it just the grind of the AHL season or were there learning experiences he needed t ogo through to get to the next stage of development?

12 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Man you seem to know alot about him

I havent followed Abby much.

What happened last year? I heard his play tailed off. Was it just the grind of the AHL season or were there learning experiences he needed t ogo through to get to the next stage of development?

I'll tell you what the coaches and staff from Abby said about him in interviews. 

He made big strides during the season. They were never worried about his scoring but about his play on the boards and away from the puck.  His ice time was controlled on that basis.  

Cull and/or Ryan Johnson (I'd have to go back and verify which interview it was) said that their goal is to create a 22 year old complete NHL player, not a 19 year old flash in the pan.  

• 4 weeks later...

@RomanP - can you confirm that this was from high intensity training (which I'm guessing it is), as opposed to Montezuma's Revenge?  JK.

Appreciate your insights into Klimovich's development...have/are you developed/developing same sort of relationship with Podz, Kuz, and Mikheyev?  It's great having a true insider's commentary.

On 6/28/2022 at 9:26 AM, VancouverHabitant said:

I'll tell you what the coaches and staff from Abby said about him in interviews. 

He made big strides during the season. They were never worried about his scoring but about his play on the boards and away from the puck.  His ice time was controlled on that basis.  

Cull and/or Ryan Johnson (I'd have to go back and verify which interview it was) said that their goal is to create a 22 year old complete NHL player, not a 19 year old flash in the pan.  

Succession plan in the works...positioning Klimovich to step in when Boeser's current contract expires and/or when Garland has one season left on his deal. I'm all for having a 6'2" 210 lbs. power forward in the making with a deadly shot and great wheels ready to step in 2-3 seasons from now. 

Hopefully the Sedins and the Development Team can get Klimovich (and all other prospects) to the point of being able to allow the Canucks to move on from players currently on the roster before their respective expiry dates.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigbadcanucks said:

@RomanP - can you confirm that this was from high intensity training (which I'm guessing it is), as opposed to Montezuma's Revenge?  JK.

Appreciate your insights into Klimovich's development...have/are you developed/developing same sort of relationship with Podz, Kuz, and Mikheyev?  It's great having a true insider's commentary.

Sorry, no relationship with our Russian players. Met Podz once at Danila’s wedding, that’s it. As far as I know, they are all still in Russia.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, RomanP said:

Sorry, no relationship with our Russian players. Met Podz once at Danila’s wedding, that’s it. As far as I know, they are all still in Russia.

What about Artur Silovs?  Is he staying in Vancouver or back home in Latvia?