The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021-22 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

Hamonic should be playing in Abbotsford...he missed all of camp and getting him in games will help him, stupid for him to just sit around while we were on a road trip in my opinion, but hey what the hell do i know...watch him get an injury in a home game soon, that would be karma!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Hamonic should be playing in Abbotsford...he missed all of camp and getting him in games will help him, stupid for him to just sit around while we were on a road trip in my opinion, but hey what the hell do i know...watch him get an injury in a home game soon, that would be karma!

What the frack? I thought he was playing both games?

13 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Paper transaction.

I doubt they had intended for him to play games. He’s probably taking the time to work on his conditioning.

WTF? His condition would improve more playing?.

I've been patient and understanding of the Hamonic situation but...

We need players that actually want to part of this organization 

• Vintage 1

15 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yikes, hope is alright.

Honestly I didn’t think Vinny hit him that badly. The guy was bent over swiping at Dipietros pad/puck it looked like. Vinny comes in and puts the shoulder to him to get him away from his goalie, the guy took no responsibility whatsoever to look up while he’s at the side of the net, he’s still focused on the puck and the goalie. Vinny just comes thru and finishes the check. I do feel really bad for the young man. I hope he is ok. But if you’re on the ice and not paying attention these things happen. 

Obviously gotta trust the refs on this one. They must have seen something more than just finishing the hit on that play. Hard to tell watching because it’s just that one camera angle.

Just now, Attila Umbrus said:

Honestly I didn’t think Vinny hit him that badly. The guy was bent over swiping at Dipietros pad/puck it looked like. Vinny comes in and puts the shoulder to him to get him away from his goalie, the guy took no responsibility whatsoever to look up while he’s at the side of the net, he’s still focused on the puck and the goalie. Vinny just comes thru and finishes the check. I do feel really bad for the young man. I hope he is ok. But if you’re on the ice and not paying attention these things happen. 

Obviously gotta trust the refs on this one. They must have seen something more than just finishing the hit on that play. Hard to tell watching because it’s just that one camera angle.

sign Vinny to a 2way nhl deal and put this guy on the 4th line to crash and bang...he will show some emotion, heck even Garland haas gone away from his intagonistic ways already...was he told to calm down by our soft Captain or the Sedins? When you lose as bad as we have been players should be pissed off and going out to hit guys and start a fight or something to spark the team...oh wait we got rid of anyone willing to do that and Schenn is hurt or else he probably would've

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

sign Vinny to a 2way nhl deal and put this guy on the 4th line to crash and bang...he will show some emotion, heck even Garland haas gone away from his intagonistic ways already...was he told to calm down by our soft Captain or the Sedins? When you lose as bad as we have been players should be pissed off and going out to hit guys and start a fight or something to spark the team...oh wait we got rid of anyone willing to do that and Schenn is hurt or else he probably would've

I’ve wanted to see Vinny in the nhl for a while now. I’m curious to see if he can skate and keep up in the bigs, He is actually more talented than given credit for. And is pretty defensively aware for a tough guy. I think he could play a tough guy 7-8 minute night no problem. 

• Cheers 2

So where will the AC's play with the flooding out there?  What a horrible situation, with pumps being watched because if they fail, it'll mean even more flooding in a surge.  That farmland was lake that was drained and pump failures will be even more disastrous.  

Everyone be safe out there.  I just cry for all the animals caught in this flooding who have no chance to escape it.  Our Richmond rescue was trying to get boats together to go rescue as many as possible last night (people too of course).

• Huggy Bear 4

On 11/15/2021 at 10:56 AM, Canuckster86 said:

Our soft Captain................

Go Canucks go 

Had anybody gone to watch the farm team - full of plugs ?  Is it a worthwhile expense to do so cause I am wondering, if the prospects are being showcased (alot) or is it an all star team of waiver wire cast offs instead ?

Any feedback would be much appreciated before I spend my Pesos - thanks in advance !

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Huggy Bear 1

You'll probably see a mix of both. From what I understand, guys like Lockwood, Klimovich, and Woo are getting considerable time and I assume if/when Rathbone plays, he will as well. That said, guys like Dries, Rempal, Di Giuseppe, and Schilling are leading the team offensively and they're all in their mid-late 20s or in Schilling's case, over 30. Bailey was an offensive leader, but he was called up the Vancouver squad.

It's worthy of note though that if you consider Bailey an exciting young guy to watch that he's the same age as Rempal and only one year younger than Dries (27 years old), who's leading the team in points with 12 points (6G, 6A) in 10 games.

The team was rotating goalies quite a bit to start, but I think they're settling more on Dipietro now, so he's someone to watch.