The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Jason Dickinson

1 hour ago, UKNuck96 said:

Don’t knock - we made the top tier for the last one and are still in the championship division, had a higher scoring efficiency than Canada and had a player in the top to points scorers (6th) 

We also have a winter Olympic gold medal once (albeit back in the 40s)

In 1990 we were in the bottom group of the World championships, in 2017 we got promoted and again in 2018 to make the championship tier. All but one of our players plays in the UK we have no stars and I believe non of the current roster has played in the NHL or KHL, how the hell we managed to get to the championship tier is nothing short of miraculous 

I remember watching the Deeside Dragons I think they were called as a kid. White and green unis with a red Cymric dragon

1 hour ago, tas said:

including that. Bo's defensive game is still overrated, and wasn't nearly as fleshed out back then. 

I don't know who would actually say Bo's game is overrated. Perhaps overstated, but not overrated.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I don't know who would actually say Bo's game is overrated. Perhaps overstated, but not overrated.

just the defensive aspect of it. and really only by canucks fans, as far as I've seen. 

1 hour ago, tas said:

just the defensive aspect of it. and really only by canucks fans, as far as I've seen. 

Yes, I meant to say the defensive aspect of it. I still don't know who on the board has actually said his defensive game is Selke worthy. I haven't seen it. Bo's defensive game is competent; he doesn't cost the team games, and it seems like he works on every aspect of his game every year. We've seen him elevate his offensive game in the playoffs, despite the fact that many in the fanbase didn't think he was much of a playdriver.

17 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Weird how the team's biggest losing streaks coincided with prolonged Beagle injuries.

We won 4 games in a row after Beagle got injured.

We were also .500 without him which is higher than our overall win%.

43 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Yes, I meant to say the defensive aspect of it. I still don't know who on the board has actually said his defensive game is Selke worthy. I haven't seen it. Bo's defensive game is competent; he doesn't cost the team games, and it seems like he works on every aspect of his game every year. We've seen him elevate his offensive game in the playoffs, despite the fact that many in the fanbase didn't think he was much of a playdriver.

nobody's criticising Bo here, guy.

12 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

We also won 5 or 6 straight without Petey and we went .500 up to the end of the season without Petey.

Yes, 7-1 run after EP went down.

Really there's no point in looking into little streaks like these, just not a big enough sample size. Right when EP went down was when Demko went on his hot streak.

So my comment on Beagle stands, especially considering the rebuttal was faulty lol

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Yes, 7-1 run after EP went down.

Really there's no point in looking into little streaks like these, just not a big enough sample size. Right when EP went down was when Demko went on his hot streak.

So my comment on Beagle stands, especially considering the rebuttal was faulty lol

Totally 

On 8/15/2021 at 5:16 AM, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Screwed Business? 

Something for nothing?

Your partial and run on sentences make whatever your point is lost in translation because I never said anything about getting something for free or that I hated the contract for Dickinson, I just gave my reasons why JB is not a good GM, maybe head of scouting and assistant GM but the guy is signing old players to bad contracts that costed the Canucks not signing Boeser to long term contract and lost Tanev and Toffoli all because cap mismanagement. 

Squamer is that you? 

• RoughGame 1

One of the key considerations for the club is that it believes Dickinson, whose career high is 22 points, has untapped offensive upside.

“He’s in his prime years right now at 26 years old, and he’s a guy that I think with more opportunity can show more on the offensive side,” general manager Jim Benning told The Athletic. “We know he’s a real good defensive player and penalty killer already, so he’s young, 6-foot-2, 200 pounds, fast and he can play with good players on the wing.

“Maybe he gives Travis (Green) options if he wants to play him on the wing with Petey (Elias Pettersson) and (Brock) Boeser and keep (J.T.) Miller in the middle. He’s a versatile guy, so I’m happy we were able to get him for three years.”

^ thought this was an interesting quote

full article: https://theathletic.com/2770733/2021/08/16/jason-dickinson-signs-can-the-canucks-now-ink-quinn-hughes-or-elias-pettersson-to-a-long-term-deal/

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Dickinson Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Garland

Hoglander Miller Podkolzin 

Would be awesome if he can provide something to that top line like a Hyman or a Burrows. 

Gives us way more depth.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Dickinson Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Garland

Hoglander Miller Podkolzin 

Would be awesome if he can provide something to that top line like a Hyman or a Burrows. 

Gives us way more depth.

Yea, thought Hoggie and Miller showed some chemistry together last season in limited playing time too. Both high motor, high compete level players. Podkolzin or Garland would fill that line out real well, same kind of will to win.

Of that top-9, it's really Tanner Pearson who could be upgraded on to someone with a bit more grit and/or ability to dominate a play. Still, it's a solid top-9 now. Catch me dreaming of adding Vlad Tarasenko tho ;)

• Upvote 1