The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offer Sheet] Hurricanes offer sheet Jesperi Kotkaniemi

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Tofu was a coming UFA.  Now he’s a 29 year old player with term at big dollars.  He’s also a risk.  He’s worth a second, and that’s from a competitive team, so a pick in the 50’s.  Bergevin is stuck right now.  He lost Danault for nothing.  Now he’s about to lose Danault’s replacement too.  He put the Habs in big trouble.  

Lol. $4.25m for Toffoli is an incredible value. Don’t act like his contract takes away from his value. He’s worth a 1st all day long. Or at the very least 2 2nds 

Edited by qwijibo

1 minute ago, D-Money said:

So, here's a question. If Habs need a C, would you trade Miller for Carolina's 1st and Toffoli?

I would. Not sure if Montreal could sell that to the fans though.

The Toffoli ship has sailed. 

We’ve got Garland now we don’t need him anymore. I really doubt he has a better season than the one he just had.

Id rather keep Miller.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, D-Money said:

So, here's a question. If Habs need a C, would you trade Miller for Carolina's 1st and Toffoli?

Sorry, but this idea gets a classic:

image.gif.5c063d711e110fe9600c88098f1ff115.gif

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Probably fair value but not worth it for what Miller brings to VAN.

I would trade Anderson for Miller straight up though.

Garland Horvat Boeser

Hoglander Pettersson Anderson

Pearson Dickinson Podkolzin

Motte Sutter MacEwen

(Highmore)

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

You think Montreal fans are mad now?  Try selling them on a deal where they trade Toffoli (who scored  28 goals and 44 points in 53 games) AND a 1st for a centre who scored 15 goals and 46 points in 52 games., costs $1m more and becomes a UFA 1 season sooner. 

if they’re willing to spend $5.2M  on a replacement they may as well just match and keep Kotkaniemi. He just turned 21. He’s got the skills to be an excellent 2C 

Edited by qwijibo

12 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

You think Montreal fans are mad now?  Try selling them on a deal where they trade Toffoli (who scored  28 goals and 44 points in 53 games) AND a 1st for a centre who scored 15 goals and 46 points in 52 games., costs $1m more and becomes a UFA 1 season sooner 

It's bad for both teams. Rips out Vancouver's heart and soul player just after making a # of deals this off-season to try to re-position them for a playoff spot. Makes no sense

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

It's bad for both teams. Rips out Vancouver's heart and soul player just after making a # of deals this off-season to try to re-position them for a playoff spot. Makes no sense

Exactly.

Makes Benning look desperate and like he has no plan.

Not to mention Toffoli seems to love it in Montreal. Why force him to come back when you could have just signed him?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, D-Money said:

Seems like a lose-lose-lose-lose. 

Think about it this way:

Canucks trade a first to get Miller, but lose Toffoli for nothing. So, it's back to square one: Canucks get their 1st for Miller back, and the initial Toffoli trade stands.

Habs lose Toffoli (like they never signed him), but basically trade JK for Miller and a third. That one's up for debate, but it's not the move the Habs had planned for.

Toffoli leaves Mtl, where he has played great and enjoyed his time.

Miller leaves his linemates here, who have seriously advanced his career. 

I dunno. Don't think anybody gets what they want, really.

The trade proposal here just shows how this whole thing is forcing the Habs to make a move that they don't really want to (to state the obvious). Even if they find a way to trade the picks from Car to replace JK, it just forces them down a road they never meant to go on. I mean, the lack of positional depth is their fault, but at least they had an idea of how they expected things to play out. Do they let Danault walk if they see this coming? No way. Carolina has bent them over in so many ways it's kind of funny. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, 4petesake said:

I don’t blame any player who might decide to sign a high dollar offer sheet. My problem is when his agent has negotiated terms that specifically stick it to his team. I include the JK signing bonus of $20 here and would think the same about Petey signing a $10.25M offer sheet. He’d be screwing the Canucks out of two first rounders for $27,000. If I’m EP I tell my agent to get me the extra 27 or forget it.

why would he ask for the extra $27000 so he could help his old team and screw his new one??

9 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

why would he ask for the extra $27000 so he could help his old team and screw his new one??

I didn’t say he would. I said that as a Canuck fan I wouldn’t be pleased that he allowed the Canucks to be screwed out of two firsts for $27,000. I already acknowledged that as @Jayinblack and @Gawdzukes pointed out the same thing. You are all correct. I’d still be ticked anyway.

1 hour ago, We Are All Cucks said:

Seems like a lose-lose-lose-lose. 

Think about it this way:

Canucks trade a first to get Miller, but lose Toffoli for nothing. So, it's back to square one: Canucks get their 1st for Miller back, and the initial Toffoli trade stands.

Habs lose Toffoli (like they never signed him), but basically trade JK for Miller and a third. That one's up for debate, but it's not the move the Habs had planned for.

Toffoli leaves Mtl, where he has played great and enjoyed his time.

Miller leaves his linemates here, who have seriously advanced his career. 

I dunno. Don't think anybody gets what they want, really.

The trade proposal here just shows how this whole thing is forcing the Habs to make a move that they don't really want to (to state the obvious). Even if they find a way to trade the picks from Car to replace JK, it just forces them down a road they never meant to go on. I mean, the lack of positional depth is their fault, but at least they had an idea of how they expected things to play out. Do they let Danault walk if they see this coming? No way. Carolina has bent them over in so many ways it's kind of funny. 

Re: bolded - That's kind of what I was thinking while making the proposal. They may need to make a move that makes zero sense on paper just to shore up C. Because if you don't have decent C depth, you're pretty much screwed.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Re: bolded - That's kind of what I was thinking while making the proposal. They may need to make a move that makes zero sense on paper just to shore up C. Because if you don't have decent C depth, you're pretty much screwed.

The thing about the proposal is there’s a tipping point where it makes more sense to just keep Kotkaniemi.  If it costs them Toffoli to replace him then they’re robbing Peter to pay back Paul.  In that case  they may as well bite the billet and match the offer sheet and keep their 2C AND Toffoli. 

2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

I didn’t say he would. I said that as a Canuck fan I wouldn’t be pleased that he allowed the Canucks to be screwed out of two firsts for $27,000. I already acknowledged that as @Jayinblack and @Gawdzukes pointed out the same thing. You are all correct. I’d still be ticked anyway.

tbh if he really did do that you can't hate a person for doing whats best for himself. it won't get to that point but hey if someone is willing to pay you signficantly more than what your team is paying you.. just shows they believe if your potential more than your team.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Love this hockey feud.

:towel:

A Montreal reporter on 650, said that during last season’s Hab’s playoffs JK (after being a healthy scratch) scored a goal in his first game back.  On his way back to the bench he took off a glove and held up 4 fingers and pointed to the guys in the scratched group.  Add this to what Lavois (another Montreal reporter) said about Bergevin offering 2 x 2 and there is definitely a player who very likely wants out of a situation where he feels his skill are not appreciated and not employed properly.  

Imagine the mess if Bergevin matches!  And he might have to because he’s only got one decent centre!  :lol:

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

A Montreal reporter on 650, said that during last season’s Hab’s playoffs JK (after being a healthy scratch) scored a goal in his first game back.  On his way back to the bench he took off a glove and held up 4 fingers and pointed to the guys in the scratched group.  Add this to what Lavois (another Montreal reporter) said about Bergevin offering 2 x 2 and there is definitely a player who very likely wants out of a situation where he feels his skill are not appreciated and not employed properly.  

Imagine the mess if Bergevin matches!  And he might have to because he’s only got one decent centre!  :lol:

Sounds like head games. Wonder if scratching him had more to do with his contract than the actual game. 

From what recall Kk looked pretty good in the playoffs. 

What a dog's breakfast this turned out to be. 

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I was wondering what that was about.

05D9275D-2F74-44AD-9E03-777D581916A7.jpeg

• Like 4