The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offer Sheet] Hurricanes offer sheet Jesperi Kotkaniemi

5 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

good hahahah

Perrault is listed as LW on hockeydb... he's played C in the pass so I guess he's an option but he's 33. Pacquette is a 4th liner so it doesn't really help them that much. 

They also have 2 1sts, a 2nd and 3 3rds in next years draft. Plus a strong prospect pool and cap space. I think it’s likely they make a move. Bergevin has done very well on most of his trades. Lots of time before the season starts and I’m sure they’ve had feelers out all week 

Edited by qwijibo

2 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

no Weber, no defensive center to play against the oppositions top line (Danault) that team is going to leak goals. 

Weber struggled a lot in the regular season. Savard should be a decent replacement and Romanov is a year older. 

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

They also have 2 1sts, a 2nd and 3 3rds in next years draft. Plus a string prospect pool and cap space. I think it’s likely they make a move. Bergevin has done very well on most of his trades. Lots of time before the season starts and I’m sure they’ve had feelers out all week 

Agreed.

They should rebuild but they won’t. They were too close to not go all in.

They’re pretty much trapped. That’s when bad decisions are made. See Canucks of 2014.

4 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

They also have 2 1sts, a 2nd and 3 3rds in next years draft. Plus a strong prospect pool and cap space. I think it’s likely they make a move. Bergevin has done very well on most of his trades. Lots of time before the season starts and I’m sure they’ve had feelers out all week 

Just now, DeNiro said:

Agreed.

They’re pretty much trapped. That’s when bad decisions are made. See Canucks of 2014.

I hope Bergevin goes crazy and go all in on a broken Eichel tbh lol. 

• Haha 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

Agreed.

Montreal has a lot of young talent on the team and more coming.  They also have a lot of picks in the upcoming draft.  They don’t need to rebuild. They do need to deal with the holes this offseason has created though 

Montreal has a lot of young talent on the team and more coming.  They also have a lot of picks in the upcoming draft.  They don’t need to rebuild. They do need to deal with the holes this offseason has created though 

Too many holes to fix at this point.

Better to rebuild. They don’t have that many prospects coming up. They need those picks.

The worst thing they can do now is trade those picks for someone like Dvorak. Then the trade will essentially be Kotkaniemi for Dvorak. I don’t think the Habs win that deal.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Too many holes to fix at this point.

Better to rebuild. They don’t have that many prospects coming up. They need those picks.

The worst thing they can do now is trade those picks for someone like Dvorak. Then the trade will essentially be Kotkaniemi for Dvorak. I don’t think the Habs win that deal.

I disagree. They’re weak down the middle but have strong forwards otherwise.  Their D is still very good. Their goaltending duo is top notch. If they can strengthen the C position they’re in good shape

Edited by qwijibo

15 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

This worries me a bit, with Petey still not signed. If Habs make a bit of room on their roster / cap, they could go aggressively after Petey. That GM is making moves to save his job right now. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I disagree. They’re weak down the middle but have strong forwards otherwise.  Their D is still very good. Their goaltending duo is top notch. If they can strengthen the C position they’re in good shape

They were a bubble playoff team before losing Weber, Danault, and Kotkaniemi.

Now they’re back in a tougher division with weak center depth. They will struggle hard to score.

Anyone that thinks they’re making the playoffs is dreaming.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Slegr said:

This worries me a bit, with Petey still not signed. If Habs make a bit of room on their roster / cap, they could go aggressively after Petey. That GM is making moves to save his job right now. 

A) I dont see them going the offer sheet route. To much left to chance 

B ) they haven’t even been on the ice since they went to the cup final. Bergevin’s job is secure atm 

Edited by qwijibo

Just now, DeNiro said:

They were a bubble playoff team before losing Weber, Danault, and Kotkaniemi.

Now they’re back in a tougher position with weak center depth. They will struggle hard to score.

Anyone that thinks they’re making the playoffs is dreaming.

They we’re in the top of the league prior to their covid shutdown and having to play 24 games in 42 nights.  They were injured and running on fumes. I do think they’ll need a great season to make the playoffs, but that’s a function of how good the Atlantic division is, not that the team is weak 

They we’re in the top of the league prior to their covid shutdown and having to play 24 games in 42 nights.  They were injured and running on fumes. I do think they’ll need a great season to make the playoffs, but that’s a function of how good the Atlantic division is, not that the team is weak 

They were never a top team. They got hot and had players have career years.

To think that will continue is naive. They just don’t have the depth.

And the division their in will determine where they finish, you can’t separate the two.