The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Got my money on Lockwood making the team... adsolutely loves his motor and energy. 

If Motte isn't ready to go, Lockwood I think is a lock to make the team. If Motte is ready, I think just from a management perspective, Lockwood probably starts in Abbotsford. If he starts in Abbotsford, I think if he continues to play like this, he's full time in Vancouver by the end of November.

Here's my guess on some of the younger guys

Lockwood, I think starts in Abbotsford

DiPietro starts in Abbotsford and is with the team full time by the end of November

I think Gadjovich makes the cut, even though he might not get a lot of minutes until someone gets injured

I think Rathbone starts in Abbotsford, due to him being more expensive than Juolevi and Canucks won't take a chance on losing Juolevi on waivers. Again, Rathbone will be with the team before Xmas, but there's going to be some juggling as there's too many guys on the left side.

Canucks have REALLY difficult decisions this year, they may need to make a trade to free up some space.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RomanP said:

He is getting a little visibly frustrated when the puck doesn’t go in. But that move in the offensive zone during the scrimmage was just marvellous!

Yup.  Klim has the elite elite skills, natural smarts, and innate desire that cannot be taught.  

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

With all these wingers looking real good, one player who might be good trade bait IF/WHEN we need it in the future could be garland. Only 25 and with the talent around him while being on a pretty solid contract we could really drive up his value. For example if we need to pay hog garland money, We probably do that and flip garland for 1st + prospect.

Before we know it, We will be at that point where tough decisions have to be made almost yearly to keep the team competitive while bring in good young elc talent 

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Mac E.

I think Pearson Bo are a mainstay since they’re used in matchup roles. It’s one of Green’s go to’s

I hope not.

Hoping Dickinson can take a lot of the matchup roles. Want to see a lot more offence from the second line. When healthy:

Miller - Petey - Boeser

Hogs - Bo - Garland

Pearson- Dickinson - Pod

Gad - Sutter - Motte

• Upvote 1