The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, gurn said:

Feeling a bit bad for Bailey, guy is so unlucky.

Badly timed injuries and a bout with covid has really messed with that guy's career.

Shame that it came to this in order to deal with Hamonic.

I look at it the other way. Great he got waived. Fingers crossed some garbage team picks him up and he gets an NHL job.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Travis Hamonic, Philip Di Giuseppe, Justin Bailey and Madison Bowey have been placed on waivers.

LOL they waived 3 of the best players from camp. They suggest waived Lockwood and Gadj so more like top 5.

Is green trying to sabotage? 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Could this be the start of a unilateral contract termination for failure to report?  

Sounds right

Great guy, solid player but we have an NHL team to run. Time was given, respect was given, time to move on

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

LOL they waived 3 of the best players from camp. They suggest waived Lockwood and Gadj so more like top 5.

Maybe but I doubt they waive Bo. Yea I get it there are better examples but sometimes life isn't fair.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

They try to be so much smarter than everyone else by making these moves and a lot of them don’t make sense when there are obvious answers they tend to go with the opposite making the wrong decisions. Beyond frustrating. The vision or lack there of at times with this management group is depressing.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

How do they convince this fanbase that this defense is good enough? We all know it isn’t. I just for the life of me don’t know how we go into the season feeling confident with the right side of our defense and pk. The management just seem to think things will work out with that happy  go lucky attitude. Everyone knows it needs to be upgraded somehow to be competitive.

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

They need to bring it down to 23 players by tomorrow at 2:00 pm PT. So, six more cuts need to be made.

I'm guessing some players will be placed on IR, so they will be part of the cuts.

Who are the 29?

is there a list?  

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

They need to bring it down to 23 players by tomorrow at 2:00 pm PT. So, six more cuts need to be made.

I'm guessing some players will be placed on IR, so they will be part of the cuts.

Let’s hope one of  the IRs isn’t BB6. I don’t want to be that guy that worries too much but didn’t Petey and his wrist problem  start off as day to day, nothing to see here, should be back soon…

I’ll feel a lot better when they announce he’s back.