The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | Quinn Hughes - Contract Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

1 minute ago, mordekai said:

Remember when media caused the fans to freak out on boeser and bo’s contract and how it was going to be exorbitant amount except reality was both took a somewhat team friendly contract. 
Same thing is likely going to happen here 

Sure hope your right.

43 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

They re-signed him long-term and traded him to Columbus before the ink dried; the trade protection wasn't active yet.  Columbus was an absolutely terrible team at the time.

C'mon he was signed to a huge extension that wasn't  to kick in until the next year - and it was signed  7 months before being traded.  Not anyway the same situation.

12 minutes ago, mordekai said:

Remember when media caused the fans to freak out on boeser and bo’s contract and how it was going to be exorbitant amount except reality was both took a somewhat team friendly contract. 

I'd say the KK contract is a dark shadow looming in this negotiation.  If Petey uses KK as his yard stick, one of EP or QH likeky won't be back.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd say the KK contract is a dark shadow looming in this negotiation.  If Petey uses KK as his yard stick, one of EP or QH likeky won't be back.

I'd laugh in their face if they tried to use an offer sheet as a comparable. 

It was pointed out to me that you didn't mean Kotkianemi. Lol. Ignore the above. 

Edited by JoshuaGuy

20 minutes ago, mordekai said:

Agents for QH and EP are asking for 6x9 and 6 by 10.9 respectively.

JB wont give that cuz he has to trade a roster player to free up the cap to do it.

Ultimately the players will have to sign 2 to 3 year bridge deals.  So it will get done but not before some hurt feelings and the players do not want those deals now so this will drag out. Bo ultimately signed for 5 and Boes for 3 - and they were not negotiating as a package together as are EP and QH. Likely this drags out until the beginning of the season or even beyond into the reg season. Both players are in Michigan waiting it out together.

So this will be different, not the same.

This will be worse.

4 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

JB wont give that cuz he has to trade a roster player to free up the cap to do it.

Ultimately the players will have to sign 2 to 3 year bridge deals.  So it will get done but not before some hurt feelings and the players do not want those deals now so this will drag out. Bo ultimately signed for 5 and Boes for 3 - and they were not negotiating as a package together as are EP and QH. Likely this drags out until the beginning of the season or even beyond into the reg season. Both players are in Michigan waiting it out together.

This will be worse.

They ask for that, Benning offers 6 per and they meet in the middle. These chicken little posts (not yours, per se) are starting to annoy me. 

Edited by JoshuaGuy

3 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

This will be worse.

Who do you think could be moved out to free up cap space?  I can’t think of anyone?  Maybe Motte is tradable?

Just now, JoshuaGuy said:

They ask for that, Benning offers 6 per and they meet in the middle. These chicken little posts (not yours, perse) are starting to annoy me. 

ok passive aggressive, I am talking about reality not anything else.  What is annoying is people who think their opinion is correct without anything to back it up, I have posted along with others a dozen comments with references to agents and positions that are supported by media reports and videos. 

so. If you disagree fine.  But leave out the comments about how annoying it is that people have opinions that differ from yours especially if they post evidence and you just post opinion.

ok partner?

• Vintage 1

Just now, fanfor42 said:

ok passive aggressive, I am talking about reality not anything else.  What is annoying is people who think their opinion is correct without anything to back it up, I have posted along with others a dozen comments with references to agents and positions that are supported by media reports and videos. 

so. If you disagree fine.  But leave out the comments about how annoying it is that people have opinions that differ from yours especially if they post evidence and you just post opinion.

ok partner?

You speak too definitively to take serious. Partner. Lol. 

Most logical thing to happen is for both players to miss training camp and preseason which gives them another month. The team would be under immense pressure for the next month from the media, fans as well as other GM’s calling. This gives the players maximum pressure available to RFA’s without missing regular season games.

Most logical thing thereafter is for JB to contact other GM’s to discuss trade options as a Doomsday option.

For me personally, the only player that is untouchable is the captain.

Edited by Maddogy

10 minutes ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Who do you think could be moved out to free up cap space?  I can’t think of anyone?  Maybe Motte is tradable?

Tanner. I still don't like that signing. It isn't bad value it's just a little bit inflexible.

Next up, Tyler Myers if need be.

Edited by Chris12345