The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Watching the Canucks from outside of Vancouver

Rate this topic

NZCanuck

First off apologies if this is the wrong forum but hoping for some help from the international fans. Since the NHL launched it's streaming service a decade ago I've watched every Canucks game via NHL.TV

This year it looks like they have sold their soul to ESPN which means no NHL coverage for NZ. Short of a VPN solution has anyone found a way to get games streamed from outside of the USA/Canada? Looking forward to this season and will be mightily p*ssed off if I can't watch the Canucks.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, NZCanuck said:

First off apologies if this is the wrong forum but hoping for some help from the international fans. Since the NHL launched it's streaming service a decade ago I've watched every Canucks game via NHL.TV

This year it looks like they have sold their soul to ESPN which means no NHL coverage for NZ. Short of a VPN solution has anyone found a way to get games streamed from outside of the USA/Canada? Looking forward to this season and will be mightily p*ssed off if I can't watch the Canucks.

Kia Kaha buddy!
From a fellow Kiwi

1 minute ago, NZCanuck said:

Kia Ora. Got a shock this morning logging into my NHL account. Have you figured out any ways to watch games?

I’m living in Sydney currently and it’s the same situation here. I’m watching the Habs and leafs game on YouTube at the moment through a dodgy link.  

47 minutes ago, NZCanuck said:

Someone mentioned a site in the GDC you can watch it for free but I don't recall what it was hopefully someone can PM it to you.

Edited by thrago

36 minutes ago, thrago said:

Someone mentioned a site in the GDC you can watch it for free but I don't recall what it was hopefully someone can PM it to you.

I can certainly stream games however having the NHL app meant I could watch on any device. The most important one being Apple TV with the home theatre. 

Beyond frustrated right now. 

4 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

NHL.tv is still available for those outside of US.

ESPN+ only replaces nhl.tv for those in US.

That’s true except for NZ and Australia who don’t have nhl tv or ESPN+

NHL.com points kiwis to the ESPN app but it doesn’t work in NZ. Have paid for NHLTV and can’t watch games. 

https://www.nhl.com/info/where-to-stream

6 minutes ago, NZCanuck said:

That’s true except for NZ and Australia who don’t have nhl tv or ESPN+

NHL.com points kiwis to the ESPN app but it doesn’t work in NZ. Have paid for NHLTV and can’t watch games. 

https://www.nhl.com/info/where-to-stream

Oh, never expected it to be removed for NZ and Aussies.

Guess espn want you to have cable then.

Just be a filthy pirate and vpn if you still want it somewhat legally.

4 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

Oh, never expected it to be removed for NZ and Aussies.

Guess espn want you to have cable then.

Just be a filthy pirate and vpn if you still want it somewhat legally.

That's the worst part- you can't even buy ESPN here- most of the content is dictated by Sky who have zero interest in Ice Hockey.

17 hours ago, NZCanuck said:

Sportsnet now. Worked for me last season. Can watch the games on any device