The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sharks claim Jonah Gadjovich off waivers

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Well since his system clearly doesn't work, I would certainly disagree due to his gross incompetence.  I suppose you also think that Colin Campbell is fit for continued employment with the NHL despite his documented history of corruption.

how do you know the system doesn't work as opposed to it just not being executed properly?

I won't engage on the campbell strawman. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I feel like this all but ensures that JR is headed to Abby.  There's no way theyre taking the chance that OJ or Hunt get claimed.

I hope so, but it might just show that they don't care.  Juolevi has been in Green's doghouse since at least last year and maybe they're okay with losing him. 

1 minute ago, tas said:

how do you know the system doesn't work as opposed to it just not being executed properly?

I won't engage on the campbell strawman. 

Because only an idiot like Baumgartner would think that applying zero pressure and hoping the opponent makes an unforced error is an effective strategy.

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

People can only judge based on the information that's available to them. Furthermore, the fact that there was only a sliver of information to go on might be an indication that perhaps Jonah should have gotten a longer look.

What we do know with absolute certainty is that we just lost a 22 year old 2nd rd pick that performed at nearly a goal a game pace in the AHL last season and had a strong training camp for nothing.

smart people realize that if they don't have the required information to make an accurate judgment, they should refrain from making one.

and there was plenty of information for the professionals to go by to make their decisions -- we're only privy to a sliver of it. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Because only an idiot like Baumgartner would think that applying zero pressure and hoping the opponent makes an unforced error is an effective strategy.

can you show me any shred of evidence that that is his coaching strategy? some notes maybe, or a screenshot of a whiteboard? 

you're putting words in his mouth. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

I hope so, but it might just show that they don't care.  Juolevi has been in Green's doghouse since at least last year and maybe they're okay with losing him. 

No, they wouldn't be. Yes, Juolevi is in his 5th year here but two of those years were marred with serious injuries.  Exposing Juolevi to waivers or sitting him in the press box would be very poor asset management.  Juolevi likely won't ever live up to his 5th overall selection, but he's shown enough positionally and defensively to warrant a 3rd pairing start.  

Let Rathbone log huge minutes in Abbotsford and play him in all situations to round out his game.  Call him up for 2nd pairing duty if and when one of OEL or Hughes get injured.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

hilarious. you don't have a clue about me. 

Really? Reading what you're writing is not giving me a clue about you? You should really stop writing, because all I'm gathering is that your IQ is quite low. Either that or you're knowingly writing like a dumbass, but that puts you as one in my books anyways.

Just now, Psycho_Path said:

Really? Reading what you're writing is not giving me a clue about you? You should really stop writing, because all I'm gathering is that your IQ is quite low. Either that or you're knowingly writing like a dumbass, but that puts you as one in my books anyways.

swing and a miss.

• Cheers 2

Just now, tas said:

can you show me any shred of evidence that that is his coaching strategy? some notes maybe, or a screenshot of a whiteboard? 

you're putting words in his mouth. 

Based on how our defense has played over his tenure here, regardless of personnel.  I'm not sure Baumgartner is allowed near a whiteboard due to the likelihood of him trying to get high from marker fumes.

• Haha 2

Just now, King Heffy said:

Based on how our defense has played over his tenure here, regardless of personnel.  I'm not sure Baumgartner is allowed near a whiteboard due to the likelihood of him trying to get high from marker fumes.

well, maybe the problem is you assuming things. if baumer was the problem, he would no longer be employed. 

Just now, tas said:

well, maybe the problem is you assuming things. if baumer was the problem, he would no longer be employed. 

He should not be employed. Neither should Green if he is making stupid decisions such as this one and continuing to employ his idiot of an assistant.

Incompetent people keep jobs they shouldn't quite a lot, actually.