The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 16, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

uh huh 37 shots against an ahl team? dominated in the first period. and we blame it on the ref just like every other game this season lol.. what about the non existent powerplay? what about the non existent offense all of preseason and 2 of the 3 games so far? maybe all 3 games if hart didn't let beach balls in during that 2nd period. grats we dominated an AHL team grats we still haven't played a full 60 mins game in any of the regular season/preseason and end of last season yet, and which skilled players other than EP and Hughes get chances on this team? last i checked hoglander is on a 3rd line with checkers while Chiasson is playing PP1 extra men top line mins etc etc. oh and podz? his reward for scoring a goal last game? glue to the bench for the entire 3rd period.

Blah blah blah

• Vintage 2

12 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Did you catch the missed call when we got a PP for the hold on Rathbone with 6 min left in the game? 

In the Det zone, Fabbri gave Garland a two hander right in front of the refs. They didn't call it because Canucks were already about to go on the PP.

A 5 on 3 with 6 minutes left and siren by 1 could have changed the game completely 

Sure....and I caught OEL get away with what could have been called Spearing.....that also could have changed the game completely....

As has already been pointed out, referees make those judgement calls all the time.Sometimes they go your way and sometimes they don't, but for anyone to suggest that the officiating was "brutal", or somehow was the difference in the Canucks losing, is just off base, IMO.

In a nutshell, we didn't bury our chances. The Wings did....

• Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

OEL is such a dirty player. Dirty plays everywhere in his game. Glad Tyler Bertuzzi stood up for his teammate Moritz Seider and going after OEL.

Lol that was the gentlest tap ever. Man hockey fans have become soft.

Dirty? Give me a break. :picard:

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Lol that was the gentlest tap ever. Man hockey fans have become soft.

Dirty? Give me a break. :picard:

That was definitely a spear.  I have no issues with it, or OEL doing it, but let's not pretend it was nothing.  Had that happened to OEL CDC would have been on the war path

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Sure....and I caught OEL get away with what could have been called Spearing.....that also could have changed the game completely....

As has already been pointed out, referees make those judgement calls all the time.Sometimes they go your way and sometimes they don't, but for anyone to suggest that the officiating was "brutal", or somehow was the difference in the Canucks losing, is just off base, IMO.

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

That was definitely a spear.  I have no issues with it, or OEL doing it, but let's not pretend it was nothing.  Had that happened to OEL CDC would have been on the war path

The refs saw it and gave OEL a slashing penalty. It didn't warrant a 5 minute major and a game. As my point suggests, perhaps Fabbri should have also been given a penalty when he slashed Garland 

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

The refs saw it and gave OEL a slashing penalty. It didn't warrant a 5 minute major and a game. As my point suggests, perhaps Fabbri should have also been given a penalty when he slashed Garland 

What?  That was a completely different game

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

i mean we can complain all we want but we play one of the least back to back and the one of the most playing teams on the 2nd night of a back to back while rested every year if you actually look it up. the travelling part though definitely sux and sometimes doens't even make sense

Did you look at last year?  I did.  This team had a hell schedule and it showed...they deserve a bit of a break this year.  It's nice having teams in our time zone to play against and even things up a bit.

Again...you have to look at if they're at home or away and what's involved before and after because that matters.  It's easier to play back to back if you're fresh and coming off days off (and get them after the fact).

We have these horrible morning games in back to backs that are suited to our Eastern opponents time zone.  It's been a thing for awhile now.

But yes, our schedule looks a bit better this year than in past years.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Right, I thought you were referring to a different one.  

Yeah Fabbri's slash wasn't crazy either but it warranted a minor penalty. Any time you're not taking care of your sick and use 2 hands in a swinging motion to hit another player, that should be an auto penalty. 

That would have given the Canucks a full 2 minute 5 on 3 advantage with 6 min left in the game. 

My guess is we would have walked out with a tie at worst. 

TG was livid when that play happened and no penalty was called

• Vintage 1

14 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

uh huh 37 shots against an ahl team? dominated in the first period. and we blame it on the ref just like every other game this season lol.. what about the non existent powerplay? what about the non existent offense all of preseason and 2 of the 3 games so far? maybe all 3 games if hart didn't let beach balls in during that 2nd period. grats we dominated an AHL team grats we still haven't played a full 60 mins game in any of the regular season/preseason and end of last season yet, and which skilled players other than EP and Hughes get chances on this team? last i checked hoglander is on a 3rd line with checkers while Chiasson is playing PP1 extra men top line mins etc etc. oh and podz? his reward for scoring a goal last game? glue to the bench for the entire 3rd period.

You can complain all you want but...... (I stole that from you).

• Vintage 1

Yup, pretty pathetic stuff here as expected. People bitching incorrectly about reffing, people bitching about our coach, people who think some games are must win 3 games into the season, people not understanding all NHL teams can win on any given night.

:sadno:

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yup, pretty pathetic stuff here as expected. People bitching incorrectly about reffing, people bitching about our coach, people who think some games are must win 3 games into the season, people not understanding all NHL teams can win on any given night.

:sadno:

For the record, I don't think reffing was that poor. 

I don't think Garland should have been given a penalty for Zadina skating his face into Garlands back. 

He calls Garland a midget which means Zadina's face was pretty low to the ice. The impact was basically at Garlands numbers on his back. 

The ensuing scrum should have led to a Canucks advantage. 

Then the missed slash on Garland should have been a full 2 man advantage. 

That's 2 penalties in the 3rd that could have changed the outcome of the game. Both disadvantageous to the Canucks. 

Sure with any game, the players still have to play through it (which they did) but to say those 2 missed calls didn't have an impact on the game is being ignorant

• Vintage 1

Refereeing is ALWAYS the reason the Canucks lose.

cmon man you have been on cdc a long time. You know things like facts and fair analysis of the actual game never outweighs “we would have won if not for the refs”.

What OEL did was pretty mild but could easily have been called spearing. I would say the refs cut the Canucks some slack there.

OEL has been pretty careless with his stick so far in a couple of the games. Could come back to bite him.

• Cheers 1