Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres | Oct. 19th, 2021 | SNP, 4:00PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

Garland - Pettersson - Boeser

Hoglander - Horvat - Podkolzin

Pearson - Miller - Chiasson

Highmore - Lammikko - Dickinson

Possibly not having Hughes is a bummer, but I suspect the team D game will be better. I think our offence scores more than theirs.

REFEREES

TJ Luxmore #21
TL21.jpg
Kendrick Nicholson #30
KN30.jpg
Games ’20-21 50 57
Games ’19-20 (Reg/PO) 62 / 9 62 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 432 / 11 372 / 0
First NHL Game 11/19/13 1/17/15
Birthplace Timmins, ON Milverton, ON

LINESMEN

Caleb Apperson #77
2021_CA77.jpg
Derek Nansen #70
DN70.jpg
Games ’20-21 0 54
Games ’19-20 (Reg/PO) 0 / 0 63 / 9
Career Games (Reg/PO) 0 / 0 1176 / 61
First NHL Game NHL DEBUT 10/11/02
Birthplace Kitchener, ON Ottawa, ON
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Man garbage.   Good one.   Did you know that Ottawa has less then or around 1 million people?  Not exactly a great base.   But they made/make it work.   They've been working on a rail system forever to allow easier access from the downtown core.   Now that it is close, the owners are happy to keep it in Kanata, not far away from the existing arena.   And as far as arenas go, it's a great one.   Has an intimate feel, like the old Pacific one, all the seats give great site lines.   Their team is nothing like ARI or Florida's or even CAR.   From 2006-2016 they average over the max attendance, and unlike Vancouver and TO, it's not a bunch of rich people watching their cell phones.    Sure they haven't had max attendance since ... but they are far from the low water mark compared to other teams as well.   And yes, some fans are not happy with their ownership, but the ones that keep going are pretty hard core.   Like i said, things are haven't been very good here, a lot of people got very sick and every single person i know - knows someone who died.   Expecting fans to run back in droves given the type of lock downs etc we've had isn't very realistic.   Once the season gets going, and fans feel safe, i'm sure it will be back to packed.   Like it used to be when i first moved here every game. 

I'm just gonna add, as a person who lives in Ottawa and has for the last 17 years, I only go to the Canucks games because of how far the rink is and how impractical it is to get there and come back. What should be a pretty easy 4 hours total turns into a 6 hour hellfest, impacting your next day. Unless you live in Kanata, it's just not worth going unless the Sens are doing well, or Ovi, McDavid and Crosby are coming into town. 

11 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

REFEREES

TJ Luxmore #21
TL21.jpg
Kendrick Nicholson #30
KN30.jpg
Games ’20-21 50 57

LINESMEN

Caleb Apperson #77
2021_CA77.jpg
Derek Nansen #70
DN70.jpg
Games ’20-21 0 54

Do any of these guys have any drinking or vision issues that we should be aware of???

::D

3 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Let that be a lesson. This is a forum for discussion, not a "Hey you can only say positive things about the Canucks!" board. There are other teams in the league and even some that other people on this board cheer for. Ultimately we should all be hockey fans and enjoy discussing the game. 

Don't be a forum dictator! 

Edit: this is in no way directed towards Vintage. Vintage is the goat when it comes to posts on this forum. Be like Vintage. 

here only saying positive things about the Canucks? ok now that I've stopped laughing, where were you all summer? camping or something? this is hardly that! 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

REFEREES

TJ Luxmore #21
TL21.jpg
Kendrick Nicholson #30
KN30.jpg
Games ’20-21 50 57

LINESMEN

Caleb Apperson #77
2021_CA77.jpg
Derek Nansen #70
DN70.jpg
Games ’20-21 0 54

I hope Caleb Apperson has to do a rookie lap

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Find this Rathbone a pretty exciting player to watch. If you put him with a hefty, strong rhd, can't help wondering how high this kid's ceiling might be?

Absolute, 4th rd-LARCENY!

He's got high end skill, skating and vision. 

Pretty incredible he developed into such a good player. 

I think I read something about his choice to be near his brother impacting his exposure on the hockey stage resulting in less visibility and lower draft status. 

Strong character guy. We lucked out. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

He's got high end skill, skating and vision. 

Pretty incredible he developed into such a good player. 

I think I read something about his choice to be near his brother impacting his exposure on the hockey stage resulting in less visibility and lower draft status. 

Strong character guy. We lucked out. 

Yeah, all those elements & the guy can just Hammer the puck. That laser by Greiss a taste of what's to come?