The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Seattle Kraken | Oct. 23, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, -DLC- said:

I'm really a non drinker and have had this booze in the house since ???    Last season ?  (Does booze go bad lol)

Felt like it was a good occasion tonight to pour myself a Caesar.

Cheers...here's to the home opener Tuesday.  I'll be there and am REALLY looking forward to it.

image.png 

I'll have you know that booze generally doesn't go bad, even after years in the bottle. The only issue is if the bottle was not closed the entire time.

• Cheers 2

Ugly road win is ugly road win. Considering the training camp we had and the fact we had to start he season on a long road trip, I'll take a 3-2-1 record any day, even if it wasn't pretty. 

The real test will be whether or not they can start playing better and patching some of the obvious holes in their game at home. No excuses now.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I remember when the Kraken selected their team and people were like oh they are going to be so good, big and tough. That Garland goal is a prime example that being big and tough doesn’t really matter if you can’t skate 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

39 minutes ago, dKs89 said:

Feel bad for the Kraken fans, but they'll have better days to come. 

Meanwhile, that was absolutely some of the worst hockey I've seen from this team in quite some time, approached almost 20 minutes without a shot, a classic trend under Green's team. 

Seriously though, this is a classic Canucks win under Green:

1. All-star level goaltending keeping the team in it
  2. Special teams awful
  3. Outplayed for the majority of the game, but winning because the team has like 7 forwards capable of scoring 20+ goals and they scored

Sorry I just had to reply to this as my first post. Special teams awful? Didn't allow a powerplay goal against tonight, and went 1 for 4 on the powerplay....

I swear half the posters on here just spout cliches and things they hear other people say like they haven't even watched the game or have a clue about what they are talking about. Agree with point 1, I think we were outplayed for about that 20 minute period without a shot before Horvat's goal, other than that Canucks carried the majority of the play in my opinion.

For those worried about stealing on tonight don’t forget we had one stolen from us in Detroit so trip balanced out. 

Garland, Demko and Bo looked good. Hughes picking it up and although I didn’t notice him much tonight OEL has started well. Lotto line has been terrible but this is why we brought in depth. 

EP could do with some time on the second line. He’s been out 6 months and looks like it’s taking him a bit to find his game. Being home for 7 days and some practise time will help. If he starts firing, our top line starts firing and we’ll have 3 scoring lines. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2

Just now, Devron44 said:

I remember when the Kraken selected their team and people were like oh they are going to be so good, big and tough. That Garland goal is a prime example that being big and tough doesn’t really matter if you can’t skate 

When the Kraken selected their team I was more like “Why didn’t they lock Francis out of the liquor cabinet.”

But they actually aren’t as bad as I expected they would be.

• Cheers 4

8 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Which they will no doubt use to take on more teams' cap dumps and continue to wander aimlessly.

Depends on who is making the decision and so far, there management team is no better than when the Oilers had Chia as there GM.  Very stark contrast to how Holland is leading there ship now vs Chia; and it is showing in the standings. 

Although, the Oilers still are a Mike Smith injury away from making the playoffs or not.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

With hindsight, Loungo is a great regular season goalie but not a playoff performer- imo.

Luongo was either red hot or ice cold in the playoffs. I don’t lay much blame on him for their loss to Boston. 8 goals scored in 7 games was an epic failure of the top offensive players on the team.

4 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Dunn's their one smaller defenseman, and he's an absolute pylon.  The guy is almost as bad as Rielly and Barrie in his own zone, and Seattle voluntarily picked him over useful players.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 2