The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Myers chant at the home opener

Rate this topic

18 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I actually believe Petey will figure it out, but I get chills (the wrong kind) when I read things like "He's 22 years old".  How many times did we hear "He's only xx years old" about the likes of Jake Virtanen and Olli Juolevi. 

They were never at the heights Petey usually plays at. Different story if it was just besed on hopes. Petey is a star already 5 games won't change that. Let him settle... lots of young players have ups and downs...

Edited by spook007
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

They were at the heights Petey usually plays at. Different story if it was just besed on hopes. Petey is a star already 5 games won't change that. Let him settle... lots of young players have ups and downs...

Yes he is.  We don't need EP to achieve "super-star" status to win a cup.   In fact that might even make it harder for us if he did before his next deal.   All we need from EP is his normal production.   Which was just paid for in full by management.     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

I actually believe Petey will figure it out, but I get chills (the wrong kind) when I read things like "He's 22 years old".  How many times did we hear "He's only xx years old" about the likes of Jake Virtanen and Olli Juolevi. 

Did you… did you just…

…compare Petttersson to Virtanen and Juolevi?

…how peculiar…

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

Fishing season is closed here.  It’s open in Toronto though. :towel:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

Didn't you hear? Power forwards take longer to develop. Stay patient, Jake will turn it around next year. Thank god I don't have to listen to those people anymore. :picard:

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

47 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I mean seriously, I think we need to see Danny behind the bench shoulder patting and thanking Tyler after his first shift.

Can they play this on the score box every time we score ?

Damn it’s sweet..

The thing I also love which no one mentions, is Myers dropped the mitts and just rag doll'd Sceviour right afterwards. He made the hit, honored "the code" if you believe in that, and scored the take down. wrapped it up into a nice little package. He also smirks on his way to the box. 

• Vintage 1

5 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Didn't you hear? Power forwards take longer to develop. Stay patient, Jake will turn it around next year. Thank god I don't have to listen to those people anymore. :picard:

well it's true except they don't need to be coddled in any way, shape, or form but it happened and look what happened, he couldn't even take professional advice from his peers let alone Greener, JV was/is just spoiled and stubborn, pretty hard if not impossible to turn that ship around, well possible but highly unlikely..