The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks Vs Flyers - Oct 28th, 2021, 7:00pm PST

Rate this topic

therodigy

1 hour ago, canuckleheads fan said:

I don't think you hire your new high-priced coach until the rebuild is done.  The rebuild ended this summer.  Now you give your coach a chance to coach the finished product, which is fair, especially since it takes time for a team with as many new faces as the Canucks time to gel.  The last thing you want to do is inject a new coach with entirely new systems into a team with this much turnover, you're asking for disaster.  Travis is the only coach some of our top players have had at the NHL level, you don't want them to lose confidence with a new coach, new systems and new teammates.  So far, I think Travis has done well.  In spite of Petey playing like crap, the team had a successful road trip.  Yes the home opener was a clunker, but there is something about the first game home from a long road trip that always works against the team, and it doesn't matter who the coach has been.  You can see which players have Travis' confidence, as he's quick to shorten the bench in tight games, and over-plays certain guys who he thinks he can trust.  As the season progresses, that's going to happen less as other players win his confidence. 

My only real complaint was with the way Travis obviously favored Rathbone over OJ.  I wish he hadn't run OJ out of town.  Rathbone played like hot garbage last game, and has been an  own-zone turnover machine so far this season, it would be nice if Travis could put a smart, cool, solid LHD out there on the third pairing, and send Rathbone down to Abby for some much needed seasoning.  Since Poolman appears to be out, that means it's Schenn in for him, and I guess Hunt will get the nod ahead of Rathbone.  Hunt played like trash in his appearance this season.  Do they put Schenn with Hughes, and Burroughs with Hunt?  

Good post.

While I'm not a huge fan of Green, I'm not against giving him one more shot to see if he has it.

Unless, well, the team goes in a long losing streak middle of the season. Then, they should fire him as soon as possible to salvage the season.

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

45 minute flight in a private jet ?

I don't see that breaking their stride.

Oh so playing last night in Edmonton less than 24 hrs ago getting changed back to room, get some sleep

Drive to airport check in Fly go to Hotel check in

Meanwhile Canucks haven't played in days and had a bad home opener , and you are making excuses?

Sorry we disgree

The Canucks have the advantage and should be highly motivated to take advantage of it

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

And if you watched it the guy let in two trash goals lol. 

We act as if guys like Cheech never make wild picks for stars of the game lol. 

Edit: arguably 3 bad goals. All 3 went right through him (1 went above him but a beer league goalie could have made the save). 

Your right, we are all wrong. Thank you for correcting us with your OPINION

A beer league goalie could have done better?

:goat:

• Haha 1

Just now, Devron44 said:

Same can be said the other way. You’re pretty good at it yourself 

Good statement, wallst, KingH and you know.... they hate cause they can, they've pick coaching as their enemies and use every post to name call and bash.

If it was constructive criticism I'm all for it, but name calling? Childish beyond belief 

But endless bashing, name calling, accusations of sabotaging rookies, etc, is what makes them happy apparently. 

Go Canucks go 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Ajax- said:

Good statement, wallst, KingH and you know.... they hate cause they can, they've pick coaching as their enemies and use every post to name call and bash.

If it was constructive criticism I'm all for it, but name calling? Childish beyond belief 

But endless bashing, name calling, accusations of sabotaging rookies, etc, is what makes them happy apparently. 

Go Canucks go 

I’ve been disappointed twice this year. The game in Buffalo I wanted Green fired. I hated it so much. Last game our home opener I excepted better results. So 5 games I’ve been satisfied. I mean we started the season on a 6 game road trip with what 3 home openers? 

Anyways I think there’s some concerns but it’s early in the season and we are what 3-3-1. 6 of those on the road. Fan base has been panicking since game 2 lol. 

I’m not as high on Green as I once was but It’s deflating to see every scenario criticized. If he was fired I’d be like ok let’s go. It’s not realistic at all though unless we really get behind early here but I feel that’s what some are waiting/hoping for so they can move onto the next victim. For me I don’t understand that.

The other thing is I do not understand the fascination with Highmore. He’s a bottom 6 guy with a motor. He’s nothing special but nothing as much as someone likes to dump on him either. 

Anyways go Canucks go. Not hope they lose so I can have my way gtfo 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Ajax- said:

Your right, we are all wrong. Thank you for correcting us with your OPINION

A beer league goalie could have done better?

:goat:

All you gotta do is look at a highlight to see how awful the goal was. Yeah, I know it's weird but sometimes goalies have mental lapses that make them look like they've never played the position before occasionally. 

He didn't look like a beer league goalie all game, just on the goal. It was a backhand that hit the center of the net from a poor angle. He made himself extremely small (only took up the lower quarter of the net). 

Go watch it. It's Tyson Barrie's goal.

Also, don't forget Cloutier let in a goal from the opposite side of half that again, most beer leaguers could stop. It happens. 

Edit: I'll save you time since you don't wanna actually watch the games and pretend you know what you're talking about. Go to 2:20 and tell me a beer league goalie can't stop that shot. 

Edit 2: I'll even upload a screenshot of the puck hitting dead center if the net (with a circle to point out where the puck is) from a bad angle to show how awful his positioning was. 

Screenshot_20211028_155103.jpg

Edited by MikeyD
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

REFEREES

Ian Walsh #29
IW29.jpg
Dan O’Rourke #9
DO09.jpg
Games ’21-22 5 4
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 48 / 7 49 / 13
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1209 / 30 1200 / 148
First NHL Game 10/14/00 10/2/99
Birthplace Philadelphia, PA Calgary, AB

LINESMEN

Travis Toomey #90
TT90.jpg
Kiel Murchison #79
KM79.jpg
Games ’21-22 6 7
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 52 / 0 51 / 12
Career Games (Reg/PO) 50 / 0 546 / 34
First NHL Game 10/3/19 1/21/13
Birthplace Leduc, AB Cloverdale, BC

Ref from Philly? I've got my excuses all ready to go.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rick Blight said:

Oilers media guys always name the visiting goalie a Star in games where the Oilers lose. They believe that a goalie standing on his head is the only way they can lose.....

This from the Flyers website:

"On Wednesday, Carter Hart shook off a questionable save-selection play on Edmonton's first goal to settle in to play brilliantly in making 34 saves. The game entered the third period tied at 3-3 largely due to Hart holding the fort while under siege in the middle frame."