The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks Vs Flyers - Oct 28th, 2021, 7:00pm PST

Rate this topic

therodigy

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Flyers have sketchy goaltending.  Nucks *should* have a fairly easy W.  I'd strongly consider starting Halak to give Demko a short break and to keep Halak at least somewhat fresh.

TG said earlier today that Halak is starting tonight.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Flyers have sketchy goaltending.  Nucks *should* have a fairly easy W.  I'd strongly consider starting Halak to give Demko a short break and to keep Halak at least somewhat fresh.

With no Poolman in the lineup, did you see who the Canucks were icing on D ?

3 hours ago, khay said:

Fully agree.

Hughes playing 27 minutes and forwards getting 20+ minutes is a sign of a coach that doesn't trust bottom half of his roster.

I mean we are comparing Florida team, coached by three time cup champion and has some amazing records vs a coach that is still trying to carve out his career as an NHL coach.

I think the right move was to let Green go and bring in someone with more experience. Even Florida before Quenneville was sort of mediocre despite boasting some great young talents.

We could be like Florida with an experienced coach.

But that ship has sailed and it's fair to give about 20 games to know where things stand.

I don't think you hire your new high-priced coach until the rebuild is done.  The rebuild ended this summer.  Now you give your coach a chance to coach the finished product, which is fair, especially since it takes time for a team with as many new faces as the Canucks time to gel.  The last thing you want to do is inject a new coach with entirely new systems into a team with this much turnover, you're asking for disaster.  Travis is the only coach some of our top players have had at the NHL level, you don't want them to lose confidence with a new coach, new systems and new teammates.  So far, I think Travis has done well.  In spite of Petey playing like crap, the team had a successful road trip.  Yes the home opener was a clunker, but there is something about the first game home from a long road trip that always works against the team, and it doesn't matter who the coach has been.  You can see which players have Travis' confidence, as he's quick to shorten the bench in tight games, and over-plays certain guys who he thinks he can trust.  As the season progresses, that's going to happen less as other players win his confidence. 

My only real complaint was with the way Travis obviously favored Rathbone over OJ.  I wish he hadn't run OJ out of town.  Rathbone played like hot garbage last game, and has been an  own-zone turnover machine so far this season, it would be nice if Travis could put a smart, cool, solid LHD out there on the third pairing, and send Rathbone down to Abby for some much needed seasoning.  Since Poolman appears to be out, that means it's Schenn in for him, and I guess Hunt will get the nod ahead of Rathbone.  Hunt played like trash in his appearance this season.  Do they put Schenn with Hughes, and Burroughs with Hunt?  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Holy moly you're getting pretty wound up these days. Now you're mad that Highmore tries really hard? Highmore is not an offensive go to guy. You better relax or you'll snap. :frantic: ::D

Amen Brother, well said. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

Hart just had an awful game against the Oilers so I doubt he plays tonight again. One could hope. Playing this team on a back to back so we should have the advantage. 

Didn't Hart get the win? 5-3

Doesn't sound like an Awful game

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Also, if your hunches regularly don’t work out like with Green it might be the smartest move to realize you can’t trust your hunches.

Just feels like throwing $&!# at a wall hoping some sticks.  Sort of how he juggles his lines as well, like he's hoping for some magical moment to just happen against all odds. 

3 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Just feels like throwing $&!# at a wall hoping some sticks.  Sort of how he juggles his lines as well, like he's hoping for some magical moment to just happen against all odds. 

That’s exactly how it feels. He seems to think Highmore will be his Burrows. Except Burrows had exceptional hockey sense and got the most out of his talent consistently.

I think we are on the crux of becoming a very good team; just need a couple of guys back, and Peterrson to get back in a groove.

When Motte and Hamonic are back, our potential lines are pretty stellar:

Miller-Petterson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Garland

Podz-Dickenson-Hogs

Motte-Lammiko-Bailey

Highmore

Chaisson

OEL-Myers

Hughes-Hamonic

Rathbone-Poolman

Schenn

LD (not named Hunt please)

Only gets better IF Sutter comes back, and Lammiko becomes depth. Having said that, he is excellent in Face Offs; a nice suprise.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

I think we are on the crux of becoming a very good team; just need a couple of guys back, and Peterrson to get back in a groove.

When Motte and Hamonic are back, our potential lines are pretty stellar:

Miller-Petterson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Garland

Podz-Dickenson-Hogs

Motte-Lammiko-Bailey

Highmore

Chaisson

OEL-Myers

Hughes-Hamonic

Rathbone-Poolman

Schenn

LD (not named Hunt please)

Only gets better IF Sutter comes back, and Lammiko becomes depth. Having said that, he is excellent in Face Offs; a nice suprise.

Assuming Poolman plays, Burroughs should be on the left tonight. Hopefully we'll see how it goes and he's not called Hunt so that's something.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, sassbs said:

Lmao.  I am a true fan. But I also know that this team cannot achieve anything with green running them.  Period.  He is out coaches every single game.  

so yes, If it means them loosing more often than not just so we can get a new coach. Then I’m all for it.   

And the reason why I laughed is because you brought back some memories with the “not”, haven’t heard that since my college days 

Been listening to Anthrax's Among the Living. They had Not man as their mascot and Scott "Not" Ian.