The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks Vs Flyers - Oct 28th, 2021, 7:00pm PST

Rate this topic

therodigy

22 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

All you gotta do is look at a highlight to see how awful the goal was. Yeah, I know it's weird but sometimes goalies have mental lapses that make them look like they've never played the position before occasionally. 

He didn't look like a beer league goalie all game, just on the goal. It was a backhand that hit the center of the net from a poor angle. He made himself extremely small (only took up the lower quarter of the net). 

Go watch it. It's Tyson Barrie's goal.

Also, don't forget Cloutier let in a goal from the opposite side of half that again, most beer leaguers could stop. It happens. 

Edit: I'll save you time since you don't wanna actually watch the games and pretend you know what you're talking about. Go to 2:20 and tell me a beer league goalie can't stop that shot. 

Edit 2: I'll even upload a screenshot of the puck hitting dead center if the net (with a circle to point out where the puck is) from a bad angle to show how awful his positioning was. 

Screenshot_20211028_155103.jpg

He was very clearly cheating expecting a pass back out front.. 

5 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

This from the Flyers website:

"On Wednesday, Carter Hart shook off a questionable save-selection play on Edmonton's first goal to settle in to play brilliantly in making 34 saves. The game entered the third period tied at 3-3 largely due to Hart holding the fort while under siege in the middle frame."

So a biased website saying good things about their own players? 

No way! 

3 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

This from the Flyers website:

"On Wednesday, Carter Hart shook off a questionable save-selection play on Edmonton's first goal to settle in to play brilliantly in making 34 saves. The game entered the third period tied at 3-3 largely due to Hart holding the fort while under siege in the middle frame."

I watched the game and I would tend to agree with their assessment. Having said that, he let in one awful goal and a very questionable goal as well. He would probably have been one of Garret's stars but I would not have named him a star because of those two goals.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Rick Blight said:

I watched the game and I would tend to agree with their assessment. Having said that, he let in one awful goal and a very questionable goal as well. He would probably have been one of Garret's stars but I would not have named him a star because of those two goals.

Why are we arguing with people who didn't even watch the game? Lol

Why are people so adamant on pretending to be right when they didn't even watch the game??? 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Why are we arguing with people who didn't even watch the game? Lol

Why are people so adamant on pretending to be right when they didn't even watch the game??? 

Hey, I'm not arguing but just giving my opinion of a game I am forced to watch living here in Alberta. I am just the opposite of the Edmonton media I guess as I never give the opposing goalie credit for stealing a game against those guys.....just can't do it.

Guess I have to acknowledge my opinion is not as unbiased as I would like it to be. That's silly, I don't want to be unbiased when it comes to the Oilers.

Cheers Mikey...

• Cheers 1

I honestly don't know which Canucks team will show up tonight....I would love a win here....but there is no consistenecy or solid structure ....PP mediocre to below average...PK....sigh...the coaching definitely sucks....I wouldn't be surprised if they lost tonight and by a large amount either...the Flyers are coming off a big win against the Oilers..and for some reason the Nucks have just not found their mojo....I would love to be proven wrong here if for nothing else the sake of the paying fans going to the game tonight...

3 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

I honestly don't know which Canucks team will show up tonight....I would love a win here....but there is no consistenecy or solid structure ....PP mediocre to below average...PK....sigh...the coaching definitely sucks....I wouldn't be surprised if they lost tonight and by a large amount either...the Flyers are coming off a big win against the Oilers..and for some reason the Nucks have just not found their mojo....I would love to be proven wrong here if for nothing else the sake of the paying fans going to the game tonight...

Pray For Mojo GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

Should be the Vancouver ones. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, sassbs said:

You misunderstood me.  The only reason I want them lose is for green to get fired.   Nothing to do with the team.  I love these players.  I’m even a fan of benning.  I think he’s done a great job here.  

I just loathe green. So yes, call me a troll for hating green.  I accept that.  I want change.  We will never get change with green running this team.  

I agree with you in that I love this group of players we have assembled. I am deeply concerned as to why Petey is playing like he does and why the Lotto Line looks nothing like they have in the past. I understand we are early in the season and Petey is rusty but my gosh you would think we would see some improvement by now. I think its getting worse. 

I don't mind Benning either as he has improved this team year over year the past few seasons. This should equal to better and better performance by this team but that does not seem to be the case. There appears to be some kind of excuse(s) as to why that is not happening, it seems. 

This team looks disinterested and unwilling to pay the price to win games. We have spurts here and there, like Bo's performance the other night and Garland, but most of the team plays less then what is expected of them most of the time. 

I guess I am old school where I would be thoroughly entertained every night if this team provided good effort and they played desperation hockey the odd time and threw in a good hit here and there for good measure. 

Watching a bunch of millionaires skating around disinterested in entertaining the crowd grows very tiresome, to say the least. 

So how much responsibility is this on the Coach? Maybe not completely but I would think he has a big say in it. 

I still cheer for my team but this Coach is not my favorite and I am sure he will eventually find himself off the team and then we will see if he was the problem or not. GCG!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Oh so playing last night in Edmonton less than 24 hrs ago getting changed back to room, get some sleep

Drive to airport check in Fly go to Hotel check in

Meanwhile Canucks haven't played in days and had a bad home opener , and you are making excuses?

Sorry we disgree

The Canucks have the advantage and should be highly motivated to take advantage of it

Who’s making excuses (sounds like you are). ?

A short 45 min hop on a private jet is barely travel (which they probably did last night after the game)

checking in for hockey players is a lot more expedient than regular passengers 

It probably takes most commuters that time to get to work.

Edited by Honky Cat