The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks Vs Flyers - Oct 28th, 2021, 7:00pm PST

Rate this topic

therodigy

23 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

I honestly don't know which Canucks team will show up tonight....I would love a win here....but there is no consistenecy or solid structure ....PP mediocre to below average...PK....sigh...the coaching definitely sucks....I wouldn't be surprised if they lost tonight and by a large amount either...the Flyers are coming off a big win against the Oilers..and for some reason the Nucks have just not found their mojo....I would love to be proven wrong here if for nothing else the sake of the paying fans going to the game tonight...

I remember looking at this week and thinking they could go winless the way they are playing. Carter Hart sucks though, so there's always a chance.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, EliasBoeser said:

Bailey with Pettersson… is this season a comedy??  If Benning doesn’t fire Green soon, he should be fired with him.

No free ride for anyone. As much as I'm sure that Pettersson will turn it around, his engage level, has not been what it was 2 years ago. If he's fully engaged and his opportunities are just not converting, then you leave him in the top 6. But, he's not fully engaged, this isn't just a situation where he's just unlucky, he's NOT GENERATING what he was 2 years ago, not even close.

So, while he figures out his engage level, you put him as center of the 3rd line. Horvat and Miller, are both out performing him by a large margin right now.

Net message, I have no problem with Green putting him on the 3rd line, and I actually think that he could really find chemistry with Hoglander as well.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I agree with you in that I love this group of players we have assembled. I am deeply concerned as to why Petey is playing like he does and why the Lotto Line looks nothing like they have in the past. I understand we are early in the season and Petey is rusty but my gosh you would think we would see some improvement by now. I think its getting worse. 

I don't mind Benning either as he has improved this team year over year the past few seasons. This should equal to better and better performance by this team but that does not seem to be the case. There appears to be some kind of excuse(s) as to why that is not happening, it seems. 

This team looks disinterested and unwilling to pay the price to win games. We have spurts here and there, like Bo's performance the other night and Garland, but most of the team plays less then what is expected of them most of the time. 

I guess I am old school where I would be thoroughly entertained every night if this team provided good effort and they played desperation hockey the odd time and threw in a good hit here and there for good measure. 

Watching a bunch of millionaires skating around disinterested in entertaining the crowd grows very tiresome, to say the least. 

So how much responsibility is this on the Coach? Maybe not completely but I would think he has a big say in it. 

I still cheer for my team but this Coach is not my favorite and I am sure he will eventually find himself off the team and then we will see if he was the problem or not. GCG!

To some extent I think our expectations of these young players is to high. The Sedin twins didn't really kick in until their 5th season. I'm not to worried, yet. 

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

No free ride for anyone. As much as I'm sure that Pettersson will turn it around, his engage level, has not been what it was 2 years ago. If he's fully engaged and his opportunities are just not converting, then you leave him in the top 6. But, he's not fully engaged, this isn't just a situation where he's just unlucky, he's NOT GENERATING what he was 2 years ago, not even close.

So, while he figures out his engage level, you put him as center of the 3rd line. Horvat and Miller, are both out performing him by a large margin right now.

Net message, I have no problem with Green putting him on the 3rd line, and I actually think that he could really find chemistry with Hoglander as well.

Last game Petey thru a pass off the left wing to the goal mouth for a Hogs tap in. Hogs fanned on the play. That pass was top 5% NHL quality. Hogs has been struggling a tad himself. That said he is still getting his chances. I will watch the Hogs-Petey-Bailey line with a lot of interest. They should be flying tonight! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Wanting to be there and skating fast is great. In minor hockey.

The fact that Highmore does next to nothing of value other than that yet is apparently now an offensive go to guy on the team is so ridiculous it has apparently lapped itself back to making sense to too many people here.

So what do we want more? Highmore playing his heart out every shift or Petey going through the motions? 

Hint: we lost to Highmores vs Buffalo and Detroit... Think about that

6 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This honestly makes me so happy.

This is what I've been hoping for from before training camp.

For some reason I truly believe that this is Bailey's year. He's big and skates like a train. And he's a point per game guy in the A.

Hoglander and Petey can work some artistry and Bailey can dig and hustle and all the stuff he does well.

If this could work as it is, we have three legitimate scoring lines. All of them have some size, skill and determination. I like it.

Now if Motte and Hamonic get back in the lineup, we might start making some noise!

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1