The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks Vs Flyers - Oct 28th, 2021, 7:00pm PST

Rate this topic

therodigy

I see Green finally understands that nobody ever cared about his “tactics” of not revealing his lineup until game time. Feels like he would always make an arrogant comment like “guess you’ll have to wait and see” when reporters asked who was starting in net.

He really is starting to wear thin on this fanbase. Better see some results soon

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Really sucks we have so many good defensive players out. Two centers, our best defensive forward, and Hughes normal D partner.

Motte,

Dickinson

Sutter

Poolman too?

Especially playing Halak, who is probably good for one bad goal against.

From the outside, people might think injuries are not a problem for our team, no top end players are out. But when you take out so much of the defensive side of our team, and in key positions like that, it really handcuffs the team, and Green's options.

It also has a domino effect where other players who we rely on to get our offence, have to be extra mindful of that and may resist forechecking as hard and play more looking over their shoulders.

I think we are going to have to score our way out of trouble tonight.

• Cheers 1

Just now, MikeyD said:

Hart just had an awful game against the Oilers so I doubt he plays tonight again. One could hope. Playing this team on a back to back so we should have the advantage. 

Hart was named 3rd star of the game. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I see Green finally understands that nobody ever cared about his “tactics” of not revealing his lineup until game time. Feels like he would always make an arrogant comment like “guess you’ll have to wait and see” when reporters asked who was starting in net.

He really is starting to wear thin on this fanbase. Better see some results soon

He’s always been on and off like that. He doesn’t say you’ll wait and see every time.

It’s not really a tactic. He just gets asked that 

question every game 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Will it last past 10 mins in?  I hope so :)

It just boggles my mind as to why Podz is benched in the third. 

I know it's not that Podz is in Green's doghouse or anything like that but maybe a form of overprotection?

Anyways, I think Green should allocate 12-14 mins of ice time for Podz.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Compared to the last game, these appear to be the changes:

• Highmore moved down to the fourth line
  • Bailey moved up to the third line
  • Rathbone out of the lineup
  • Schenn in the lineup

I don't mind these changes, especially Bailey getting promoted based on his play. Rathbone didn't look too great, so he could watch and learn from the press box.

Flyers play a fast game. I hope the Flyers players are fatigued from playing last night and hopefully that will slow them down. Otherwise, Schenn is in trouble.

We need a veteran 3LD to pair up with Hamonic/Burroughs and deploy two shutdown pairings:

OEL-Myers

3LD-Hamonic

Rathbone and Hunt go to the AHL and play 20 minutes.

• Vintage 1

6 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Highmore was the only player that looked like he wanted to be there last night. I'm not sure how another turnover would have helped us win the game, which is the only thing the lotto line has been good for this year.

Wanting to be there and skating fast is great. In minor hockey.

The fact that Highmore does next to nothing of value other than that yet is apparently now an offensive go to guy on the team is so ridiculous it has apparently lapped itself back to making sense to too many people here.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, buddhahoodlum said:

Spoken like a true fan. Not.

HF boards are that way. --->

Lmao.  I am a true fan. But I also know that this team cannot achieve anything with green running them.  Period.  He is out coaches every single game.  

so yes, If it means them loosing more often than not just so we can get a new coach. Then I’m all for it.   

And the reason why I laughed is because you brought back some memories with the “not”, haven’t heard that since my college days 

• Sad 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, sassbs said:

Lmao.  I am a true fan. But I also know that this team cannot achieve anything with green running them.  Period.  He is out coaches every single game.  

so yes, If it means them loosing more often than not just so we can get a new coach. Then I’m all for it.   

And the reason why I laughed is because you brought back some memories with the “not”, haven’t heard that since my college days 

if the canucks make the playoffs and win a round or two under green (again) will you leave here forever and go follow a different team?

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

I'd like to take this opportunity to urge any fans, going to the game, to chant "Fire Quenville" at every stoppage in play.

Please do

I would like to see this if we played Florida. It doesn't make as much sense in a random game (though I wouldn't be against it).