The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Travis Hamonic

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Why do you think he’s missed so much time?

This was part of it and what I kind of assumed. It’s why Benning thought he was going to be here sooner.

Regardless I’m just happy he’s back and he was able to make the decision in his own time and be comfortable with it. No one should be forced into making decisions about things like this.

Seems like a big risk to bring him back into the fold before he's been poked, and I don't like the idea of having to mess around with the D pairings while we're on the road in the US. I'd have preferred we not bring him back into the fold until he was fully vaxxed and capable of playing every game.

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Seems like a big risk to bring him back into the fold before he's been poked, and I don't like the idea of having to mess around with the D pairings while we're on the road in the US. I'd have preferred we not bring him back into the fold until he was fully vaxxed and capable of playing every game.

Who is the risk to?

If he has received one shot the risk is very low that he’ll contract the virus among fully vaccinated teammates.

Players around the league are still getting it fully vaxxed anyways. This doesn’t change the risk at all.

I do agree about messing with the pairings though. This might hurt chemistry among the D. That’s why I hope they keep the top 4 the same and just plug Hamonic in the bottom pair with Schenn or Burroughs. Once he’s able to play all the games they can try him with Hughes again.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Who is the risk to?

If he has received one shot the risk is very low that he’ll contract the virus among fully vaccinated teammates.

Players around the league are still getting it fully vaxxed anyways. This doesn’t change the risk at all.

I do agree about messing with the pairings though. This might hurt chemistry among the D. That’s why I hope they keep the top 4 the same and just plug Hamonic in the bottom pair with Schenn or Burroughs. Once he’s able to play all the games they can try him with Hughes again.

I'm certainly not doctor, but if the risk is nonexistant, then why would health officials make it impossible for him to travel on the road in the US? Certainly seems like someone still thinks it's a risk.

2 minutes ago, Rabid Rooster said:

Yes. If he has had 1 shot, or none, what effect does he have on fully vaxxed people?

Do these protocols have any basis in fact?

He’s more likely to catch Covid as unvaccinated and also far more likely to spread it.   Double vaccinated people can still catch Covid but they are less likely to develop severe symptoms.  Several players this season have been in Covid protocol.  

There’s no taxi squad this season and no cap exception for Covid recalls.  The league and NHLPA are intent on playing a full season given the losses accrued over the past couple of seasons.  Re-scheduling games due to an outbreak would be close to impossible with the compressed schedule given the Olympics (unless they withdraw from participation). 

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, Rabid Rooster said:

Yes. If he has had 1 shot, or none, what effect does he have on fully vaxxed people?

Do these protocols have any basis in fact?

Yes, I was going to try explaining it but @mildid it better and quicker.

Probably better being over-cautious than under. It's not like there's 0 cases in the NHL.

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Teared up a little within those first few minutes ngl, he was def sincere 

yup. Whatever it was for him and his family, I don't need to know. Happy he's here, happy he's now vaccinated.

Pretty good measure of the support he got from the team and management too, that was nice to hear.

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

green has to play, the players he feel give the team the best chance to win. but if his decisions are different than ours, he is roasted.

canuck fans are too fickle.

Do you think Green has been doing an adequate job? 

22 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'm certainly not doctor, but if the risk is nonexistant, then why would health officials make it impossible for him to travel on the road in the US? Certainly seems like someone still thinks it's a risk.

That’s just the policy they’ve set for everyone without exemption to professional athletes.

With the protocols in place and the minimal interaction with the public there’s very minimal risk. Regardless they have to abide by the rules in place.

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Hammonic is over whatever it was and feels ready to play, very shortly going to be double vaccinated and the coaching team think it's worth calling him up.

Maybe I'm missing something, but if my summary is right, why are people upset about this? If it's just a desperate need to hate everything Green does you're kinda undermining any serious points you might make in future.

I think you need to end every post with "butthead", just saying

• Haha 3