The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Travis Hamonic

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Better be someone playing on their off side.

Fans need to boo Hunt and make it clear that playing him is not acceptable.

I wouldn't go that far... Hunt chose us to be back to his hometown... he hasn't said/done anything unacceptable... just trying to make a living as an NHL/AHLer.... Hunt actually has a pretty decent from the point in PP's.... 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It’s nice but it almost has the “Canucks finally sign Alex Mogilny in 97/98” vibe to it, in that, it might be a little too late and the damage has already been done.  Like Almo back then, I’m glad to see Hamonic finally “grace us with our presence,” but this sluggish start really could have and should have been avoided.  Hopefully, Hamonic’s “personal reasons” were more serious than I’m giving him credit for.

10 minutes ago, mll said:

But considered unvaccinated by NHL protocol.  He has to follow very different rules - have to have his own dressing room and can’t be part of any team activities yet.  Players have to mask around him, etc.

Why? The rest of the team is double vaccinated, right?

• Vintage 1

Seems pretty quick to be bringing him back, considering how little time he's had to get back into game shape. I think he needs another week of with one or two more Abby games and some practices with the big club before he's thrown into an NHL game. Just ride with Rathbone a wee bit longer.  Rathbone hasn't been good, but it's not like he was the reason we've been losing games anyways. 

40 minutes ago, Heretic said:

CDC is, complaining that Green isn't doing enough so here we go - he's making a roster change and yet people still complain...

Yup, pure Gold on here lately. It simply doesn't matter what he does or says before the regulars jump and twist it some horrifical event of epic proportions. Some guys are now trying to claim he's endangering the health of players by calling up Hamonic. Can these people see how unhinged they are?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Rabid Rooster said:

Why? The rest of the team is double vaccinated, right?

The rest of the team is but he isn’t yet.  

There are different rules between vaccinated players and unvaccinated players as agreed by the NHLPA, NHL and health authorities.