The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 09, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

28 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

He loves to talk about how he thinks they probably should have a better record. It’s a bad record and inexcusable. Everyone is tired of hearing about what you think you deserve Travis. He thinks they played a lot of good hockey. Oh boy.

These past few games, we seem to had played as few teams (Predators & Ducks) that we matched up well against.  As for Green, let's see how he coaches the Canucks into a playoff spot.. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Nobody else really notice Burroughs tonight?  Maybe I focused on him too much, but he looked really good out there. 

Better than Hunt!  Seriously though, he has been pretty reliable, and shows flashes of offence 

Edited by Darius
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

First off don't assume what I think. I simply said tonight wasn't on TG and laid our reasons why.

So tell me how was this on TG?

I have called him out when I thought he's to blame but tonight wasn't on him, you do so tell me what he did to be blamed.

2 - 4 -1 home stand

11th in conference after 13 games

Already 4 points out of the playoffs.

That's all on Green.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Partner we are at opposite ends at this point.  I am sick of the losing for the last 8 years.

We have a better team than they are showing with the current coaching staff.

Losing by a goal is still losing.

Enough is enough.

When fans demand results maybe we will start to get them.  When fans are ok with losing we will probably just continue to lose.

Have you been to games in Philly or Chicago or Boston or New York?  Or have you just watched the Canucks?

So nothing on the players right? And like the guy said they have played well lately and anyone who knows hockey can see the strides made. No they aren't all the way back but it's nowhere near as bad as you are making it.

They play like this they will win a lot more than they will lose.

I have no idea how you can watch the last 4 games and say they haven't played well enough to win. The special teams are coming around and they have been very good 5on5.

And newsflash, teams that rebuild are gonna have rough years. A rebuild that only happened after Benning got out from the crap Gillis left him with.

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

The story of Green, Demko, and our season 

If you need Vezina caliber goaltending every night to have a chance of winning you aren't making the playoffs

Goaltenders have bailed him out his entire tenure

If not for Vezina caliber goaltending from Marky, Calder worthy play from Hughes, and our getting a bit lucky with math during a Covid season he wouldn't have a single playoff appearance to his name

If the season had gone on we likely wouldn't have made it, we were stumbling down the stretch after Marky went down 

Can you give me the lotto max numbers bud?

• Haha 1

Just now, Alienhuggyflow said:

So nothing on the players right? And like the guy said they have played well lately and anyone who knows hockey can see the strides made. No they aren't all the way back but it's nowhere near as bad as you are making it.

They play like this they will win a lot more than they will lose.

I have no idea how you can watch the last 4 games and say they haven't played well enough to win. The special teams are coming around and they have been very good 5on5.

And newsflash, teams that rebuild are gonna have rough years. A rebuild that only happened after Benning got out from the crap Gillis left him with.

Wow.  You are still making excuses for this team this many years into a rebuild and this many games into a season that they said they would make the playoffs as a stated goal. They are 11th in the conference already and 4 pts out of the playoffs already. They are not looking like a playoff team.

I wonder how lousy they would have to be for you to say that they were playing lousy. 

Yes the Phantom call on Halak was horrible

So was the uncalled too many men 

At least it was a entertaining game (but this is the NHL, not a kids league where the score does not matter)

But

I am tired of we got beat by the other goalie excuse over the years, our guys get paid very well for at least one of them to put more pucks in

Other than a few good shifts, If our Top players EP and BB could put in as many good shifts as Garland, Pods and Hogs etc, we would be winning more games

When you can beat the other team and refs that is so satisfying to see as a fan (like if we'd won in OT)