The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Colorado Avalanche | Nov. 11, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Green has the demeanour of a coach that is frustrated and doesn’t have any more answers.

Once it’s gotten to that point it’s time to pull the plug. The team is playing without confidence cause their coach has none.

We need to bring in a new voice and some new energy. Someone that is a leader and takes accountability.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, captainhorvat said:

7B9B6B31-DB37-4159-A331-C677F292C930.jpeg.f481727c186c5bbaae6644610aff5549.jpeg

this handshake confirmed we would never win a cup 

He needs to be held accountable in all this too.

Right now ownership is cheaping out in every position.

Its obvious this team needed a president to handle the roles Benning can’t. They got rid of that position and had Benning do both. Big failure.

Then he cheaps out not once but twice by hiring rookie coaches and somehow he didn’t learn the first time?

Ownership is reaping what they sow right now. I only hope fans stop dishing out money then maybe they’ll wake up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He needs to be held accountable in all this too.

Right now ownership is cheaping out in every position.

Its obvious this team needed a president to handle the roles Benning can’t. They got rid of that position and had Benning do both. Big failure.

Then he cheaps out not once but twice by hiring rookie coaches and somehow he didn’t learn the first time?

Ownership is reaping what they sow right now. I only hope fans stop dishing out money then maybe they’ll wake up.

He actually thinks this fanbase is dumb. He brings in guys like Linden and the Sedins when he feels the negative heat from the market thinking it will take the pressure off of him. He is a garbage owner and we are stuck with him.

2 hours ago, lmm said:

I like Rathbone too

I am more concerned about his physical and mental health than I am about this game

He lost his confidence before he was sent down

and he did not regain it in 2 games in Abby.

He looked gassed on that 4th goal

and nearly had his head taken off with that Jost (non)hit. If that was Ryan Reeves Rathbone would be in hospital right now

I am reminded of the old Conservative election slogan

"He's just not ready"

Probably should have played Hunt instead of Rathbone. You have a journeyman who's been in the league. Hunt couldn't have been worse than Rathbone was. Need to let Rathbone play in all situations, let him simmer in Abby and communicate with the coaching staff in Abby about his game and whether he warrants and earns a call up when there are injuries. He was certainly called up by the Canucks. But did he play well to warrant that call up? 

Call ups should be on merit, and what the players are doing in the AHL to get a call up to the big leagues. If they're not ready or playing well, then they remain where they are.

I don't even know what kind of culture the Canucks as an organization is promoting and has established. I mean, Benning has been on record to have said that he's taking things day to day. What kind of overall plan is that? For a person who's leading a multi-million dollar organization, that reeks of incompetence and non-confidence. I'm not sure if after eight years on the job, if he's just not a good GM. 

• Huggy Bear 1

There’s absolutely no way this team should have the lowest goals for in the division. Completely unacceptable.

On top of that they have the second worst goals against. They can’t get either side of the game right.

Only reason we’re not dead last in the division is because we have an expansion team in our division now.

Does management even look at our team stats? They’re some of the worst in the league. What excuses could Benning and co possibly have?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

He actually thinks this fanbase is dumb. He brings in guys like Linden and the Sedins when he feels the negative heat from the market thinking it will take the pressure off of him. He is a garbage owner and we are stuck with him.

How do you know? 

Well, we're not &^@#ing dumb, and we're calling out all the $&!# and his tendency to just want people to do things his &^@#ing way

Hey, Francesco, if you're wanting to meddle, why don't you just take the &^@#ing GM role of your own &^@#ing team! 

And then fire yourself. Jackass.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

What excuses could Benning and co possibly have?

Well, he doesn't have any, after being on the job and his role for 8 years now. 

I can't believe he's been GM of this team for that long. That's crazy to me. 

If this year is a failure, it might just be the undoing of both GM and his staff, as well as the head coach and his staff. 

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

There’s absolutely no way this team should have the lowest goals for in the division. Completely unacceptable.

On top of that they have the second worst goals against. They can’t get either side of the game right.

Only reason we’re not dead last in the division is because we have an expansion team in our division now.

Does management even look at our team stats? They’re some of the worst in the league. What excuses could Benning and co possibly have?

The team on paper does not look this bad. We have a very solid top 9 and a good top 4 with 2 very good D in OEL and Hughes. Also Demko in net. We should not be playing as bad as we have been. Something is going on with the team and we need a coaching change.

THE most disgraceful Canucks game in over a decade. How much lower can green take this team?

WHEN WILL THE GREEN  NIGHTMARE END !

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

We are getting to the root of the problem here. This has been a recurring theme since we got a franchise in 1970 the owners have made some "questionable" shall we say choices about GM's and senior management that is one of reasons we have never had any sustained success as a team.

Yes Aquilini thinks the fanbase is dumb and he's not far wrong when he's selling out the arena and making a killing on merch and VIP Suites. People love their team and 50 years of hurt make people stupid and hungry for on ice success.

The years we made the finals was more about individuals and players taking charge rather than an organisational long term vision. Quinn fired everyone and took over as coach in 94 and GM Burke and Gillis were instrumental in 2011 (AV not so much) and the players played to their potential.

Vancouver has the team it deserves I'm afraid, it can't be separate to the culture and mentality of the city which is getting more and more soulless as the decades go by.

Players tune out their coaches all the time and in every sport world wide and if Green can't get the room back he's toast. The players feed off the vibe of the city and organisation they ain't goin anywhere.

• Cheers 1