The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks | Nov 14 | 5 PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

Well I did say I was gonna take a break from watching - but like the sucker for punishment I am I'm here again.  At least the 5pm start means that my entire evening isn't ruined by another gutless performance of spoilt millionaires being officiated by the braindead lackies of a corrupt and dirty league.

How long before Motte is skating on the top line ?! 

20 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If someone is willing to give us a Suzuki level prospect then you do it no question.

Important part of our team but we still gotta be thinking about the future. Especially with the loss of draft picks recently.

No doubt, it all depends on who's being offered for what.

The only two players I'd consider untouchable for us would be Hughes and Demko. Petey's close, despite his struggles. Maybes Podz. 

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Evander Kane for Boeser and a first LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :emot-parrot:

no-noooo.gif

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Evander Kane for Boeser and a first LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :emot-parrot:

He can definitely be had, for sure. But, Pearson would have to go instead. Brock's not going anywhere. 

Only a mater of time before this particular dialogue gets moved to the Armchair GM'ing section. 

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

If the Canucks had a better PK, the bad calls wouldn't matter so much. It's not the refs fault they lose games. Their special teams suck big time, they're both embarrassing. Whoever coaches THAT, needs to go.

True to some extent. 

But these calls often go when we're pressing and have momentum....sucks the wind out of the sails.  Yes, they have to be (much) better on the PK, but my God some of these calls ruin perfectly good games.  

When you have to kill 8 penalties in a game that also wears players down.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Well I did say I was gonna take a break from watching - but like the sucker for punishment I am I'm here again.  At least the 5pm start means that my entire evening isn't ruined by another gutless performance of spoilt millionaires being officiated by the braindead lackies of a corrupt and dirty league.

How long before Motte is skating on the top line ?! 

kevin-bacon.gif.5a5bce3ca0124d542411ebaaa63b7f36.gif

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

No doubt, it all depends on who's being offered for what.

The only two players I'd consider untouchable for us would be Hughes and Demko. Petey's close, despite his struggles. Maybes Podz. 

no-noooo.gif

I'd be more than willing to deal Hughes for a more rounded D of a similar age and skill level, such as Chychrun.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I'd be more than willing to deal Hughes for a more rounded D of a similar age and skill level, such as Chychrun.

Depends on the player, but I'd still have to think about it for a good while. While he's not a perfect player, he's dynamic offensively and we need that from the back end. I'd prefer to bring in other players, or move someone out for a high end RD.