The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

3 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

I mean.. 1st + Chytil + Lundkvist + Kravtsov is pretty spot on value, and its what we got offered. Id consider that a decent "haul". Maybe a different bundle of prospects b/c we have an abundance of what lundkvist could bring. 

I’d prefer someone else other than Lundkvist. It’s decent, but the Rangers would be getting a 99 point player that’ll probably propel them to the Cup Final. We’re getting their low first, a third line guy in Chytil, a smaller RD in Lundkvist and a player that hasn’t produced in the NHL in Kravtsov? Who in that list would be considered a grade A prospect? 

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

I’d prefer someone else other than Lundkvist. It’s decent, but the Rangers would be getting a 99 point player that’ll probably propel them to the Cup Final. We’re getting their low first, a third line guy in Chytil, a smaller RD in Lundkvist and a player that hasn’t produced in the NHL in Kravtsov? Who in that list would be considered a grade A prospect? 

Schneider has to be involved or Drury can lose Allvins number.

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

If they're going for a RD of Lundkvist size, I would hope they would attempt a trade for Jordan Spence.  Maybe Garland

or Hogs would do that.

I have nothing against Lundkvist. But he is on the smaller side for a defenseman, and we already have someone on the backend like that in Hughes. We need someone to partner with Hughes. Dobson from the Isles would be a fantastic get if we can land him. But someone of that ilk and calibre. I would do Dobson for Miller, one for one. 

Just now, DeNiro said:

Schneider has to be involved or Drury can lose Allvins number.

It’s what makes the most sense right? But for whatever reason, they’re not budging on that player. 

Rangers gotta understand that they have to pay to play. IF they’re not willing to let Schneider go, then we deal Miller elsewhere in the east. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

This thread is an awesome case study in the thousands of different ways you can say we need a RHD.

Eh. There’s nothing else to talk about. I mean, this entire thread is about a Miller trade, and nothing has happened so far. 

It’s a good place to talk Canucks.

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

We need to, particularly on D, some of us have been saying this for months.. 

I feel for current management though. They’re constrained in a lot of ways by what Benning has done to the team. In some ways, they might be forced to just “wait it out” - some of the problems that Benning created. So far, this management team hasn’t proven to be as creative as I thought they might be. They still have a lot to prove, in my books, before it can be said that they’re a better management team than the previous one. It’s definitely a larger staff. But that doesn’t always mean better. 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Nice theory but that has nothing to do with him being traded or not.

The holdup is Kadri still waiting to sign and teams figuring out what their RFAs are gonna cost them. 

When are the due dates for RFA’s? And why is it taking Kadri forever to sign? Is he asking for too much? 

14 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

When are the due dates for RFA’s? And why is it taking Kadri forever to sign? Is he asking for too much? 

Waiting on the Avs to clear cap was the latest rumour.

Now some people are saying the Isles have already signed him which I don’t believe.

Arbitration dates that are relevant to a Miller trade based on rumours:

Trenin (Nas) - August 2

Bratt (NJ)- August 3

Wood (NJ) - August 6

Bear (Car) - August 8

Edited by DeNiro

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Waiting on the Avs to clear cap was the latest rumour.

Now some people are saying the Isles have already signed him which I don’t believe.

Arbitration dates that are relevant to a Miller trade based on rumours:

Kapanen (Pit) - July 30

Trenin (Nas) - August 2

Bratt (NJ)- August 3

Wood (NJ) - August 6

Bear (Car) - August 8

Kapanen signed a 2 year deal worth 3.2m per year I believe it was. 

31 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I feel for current management though. They’re constrained in a lot of ways by what Benning has done to the team. In some ways, they might be forced to just “wait it out” - some of the problems that Benning created. So far, this management team hasn’t proven to be as creative as I thought they might be. They still have a lot to prove, in my books, before it can be said that they’re a better management team than the previous one. It’s definitely a larger staff. But that doesn’t always mean better. 

Yeah, outside a couple of signings and a draft we haven't seen much, and even our top pick had to do more with grabbing a guy who fell as opposed to more of a gamble 

Not a bad thing, but he was an easy pick to make 

I think they've found things tougher to resolve than anticipated though, I agree, my concern is they've waited too long to move Miller though

Doesn't sound like we'll lose him for nothing but I wouldn't say they've done enough to inspire confidence just yet 

Still cautiously optimistic 

So many variations, one starts becoming seasick. Has anyone attached Mysy to Millsy yet(truly forget)??

Van: Miller, Myers, 2023 2nd

NJ: Dawson Mercer, Kevin Bahl(or Muk is okay too), Damon Severson, 2023 1st(top-10 protect)

Possible Miller could have a great yr, but NJ aren't in the dance. So they could prob flip JT near TDL & receive better assets than what they originally paid.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

If we do a deal with Carolina and Bear’s involved…

Huggy - Bear

Seriously though Necas, Bear and Morrow.

I like him as a depth player, but we don't really need Bear. Fun names or not :lol:

Probably prefer a pick (or a guy like Seeley speaking of finding the "next" Tanev).

Edited by aGENT

1 minute ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Maybe now is the contest to guess what the page count will be if a trade indeed gets done

My guess 1221

Michael J Fox Marty GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy