The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

12 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Lol they are delusional.

It is more like Laff+Kako for Hughes and even then I wouldn't move Hughes. 

8 minutes ago, Me_ said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Gentlemen, I wish I was kidding

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/roster-building-thread-xxxvii-5-weeks-until-tdl.2870739/page-14

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 9.19.14 AM.png

Ekman-Larsson - Myers

Hughes - Schenn

Hunt - Hamonic

Rathbone - Poolman

?? - Burroughs

?? - Juulsen

?? - Woo

Canucks actually need left shot D, everyone's so obsessed with the right shot Dman

(LD) K'Andre Miller

(RW) Vitali Kravtsov

(C/LW) Filip Chytil

1st (2022)

23 minutes ago, mll said:

Satiar Shah thinks that Vancouver could accept Lundkvist, Kravtsov and a 1st if they're ready to move on from Miller.  

He was exchanging on twitter with some fans over potential packages.   He doesn't think NYR would part with Schneider, Lafrenière or Kakko and he's not certain that Vancouver feels either one has to be included.  

Arthur Staple says that the ask according to sources is the classic: pick, prospect and player.  He speculates that Lundkvist + 1st could be a start and maybe with a 3rd piece like a mid-round pick or young player equivalent.  He too doesn't seem to think that Schneider would be available.

I think this is the most likely situation with NYR and while I would love for the Canucks to acquire Schneider, Lundvist, Kravtsov and a 1st is not a bad deal.  I would maybe like one more piece to be included, like Morgan Barron (projects as a bottom 6 C), but I think it would be extremely difficult to add another significant piece.

6 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I think this is the most likely situation with NYR and while I would love for the Canucks to acquire Schneider, Lundvist, Kravtsov and a 1st is not a bad deal.  I would maybe like one more piece to be included, like Morgan Barron (projects as a bottom 6 C), but I think it would be extremely difficult to add another significant piece.

Could be better. I prefer Schneider over Lundvist. Schneider is larger, and is also RHD. there's a reason of course the Rangers don't want to part with him. But for Miller, Schneider has to be included. If not, move away from the deal and deal Miller to a team the Rangers face so they regret not including the player we want. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, EternalCanuckFan said:

It's actually awful.

Kravtsov is as tangible as Tryamkin.  Like literally, there's ZERO guarantee he ever comes back to the NA market and has been offered a decent contract over the next 3 years he has an option to sign to stay in Russia

Lundkvist is a 5 foot 10 point ish producing LHD which we have so many of we can't give them away.

That 1st, will be 20+; averaging out right now.  23rd in this years draft.

For a 1st line all situations C/W who can play RW/LW and centre and is 21st in league scoring.

Trade comparison #1 is the O'Reilly deals.  Why?  Look at the mentioned players for the 3 seasons prior to their trades that went the other way for O'Reilly

2000772994_ScreenShot2022-02-15at9_28_59AM.thumb.png.a17f8df5e9e362174e43b67bff2a940b.png

Trade comparison #2 is Duchene both times.

125840754_ScreenShot2022-02-15at9_31_14AM.thumb.png.77f85c7ed9b1f33e7838240646155b9b.png

By any metric if this is what is being offered for a player who while younger has had far more productive seasons than Duchene/O'Reilly while being on his contract than the Canucks management team needs to walk away and try again next year.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Ekman-Larsson - Myers

Hughes - Schenn

Hunt - Hamonic

Rathbone - Poolman

?? - Burroughs

?? - Juulsen

?? - Woo

Canucks actually need left shot D, everyone's so obsessed with the right shot Dman

(LD) K'Andre Miller

(RW) Vitali Kravtsov

(C/LW) Filip Chytil

1st (2022)

The Canucks do need LHD depth but if they remain committed to playing OEL and Hughes on the left and the other LHD does not play on his offside, then they don't need someone who will play less than 18-minutes a night.  They need talented, cheap LHD depth.  K'Andre Miller is that now but that's presumably not where an acquiring team would want him to top out at.

For example, the Av's have Girard and Toews as their top-4 LHD.  They also signed Ryan Murray to a rather inexpensive deal to round out their top-6 LHD.  This is after trading Ryan Graves to NJD and letting Zadorov go (even if Zadorov does play on his off side).  They obviously still have Byram also, but he is still on his ELC so they can afford to experiment with him.  My guess is the Av's could easily trade Girard or Toews to make room for Byram (if warranted).

The Canucks don't have that luxury.  OEL is basically untradeable and Hughes is the cornerstone of the D core.  I think this is why the emphasis is rightly on acquiring better RHD depth for the long term.  Even if the Canucks are technically deeper at RHD right now, none of those guys are necessarily expected to be NHL regulars.  Burroughs has been good but he's a good depth D for a great team, not a regular top-6 D.  Woo is a bit of an exception but it's unclear how much he factors into the Canucks' future plans.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, mll said:

Satiar Shah thinks that Vancouver could accept Lundkvist, Kravtsov and a 1st if they're ready to move on from Miller.  

He was exchanging on twitter with some fans over potential packages.   He doesn't think NYR would part with Schneider, Lafrenière or Kakko and he's not certain that Vancouver feels either one has to be included.  

Arthur Staple says that the ask according to sources is the classic: pick, prospect and player.  He speculates that Lundkvist + 1st could be a start and maybe with a 3rd piece like a mid-round pick or young player equivalent.  He too doesn't seem to think that Schneider would be available.

8 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I heard Sat on 650 talking about that too, but if that's the offer, then we wait until the offseason.  There's no rush for the Canucks.  That kind of package is a typical rental package, so we could technically wait until the last minute next trade deadline.  NYR can go into the playoffs without an upgrade then.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Kravtsov/Chytil or Lundkvist and a 2nd

JR and PA would be fools to take this deal. 

Because if we're &^@#ing dealing our best player on the team, does it not make sense to receive a top player in return? Who the hell in any of those players is a top player on their &^@#ing roster? Kravstov isn't even in the &^@#ing city, let alone country. Chytil?? Lundvist isn't even in the league LOL 

I'd laugh at Drury, and then I'd hang up. 

24 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Is Lundkvist that great a prospect? Sounds less than overwhelming to me??

And Kravtsov? Did he not flee... ala Tryamkin?

Please enlighten me??

Don't know anything about them other than both were taken in the 1st round in 2018 - Lundkvist at 28th and Kravtsov at 9th.

Friedman in his 32 Thoughts said that Kravtsov is looking to come back to the NHL.  Satiar Shah as well as Drance and Dhaliwal thinks he's a player that very much interest Vancouver.

Back in 2015 when Rutherford fired Johnston and replaced him with Sullivan, he blamed himself for not having brought in enough puck movers.  He went on to explain that offence starts with having movement from the back end - Pittsburgh were having trouble scoring.  He then went on to trade for Schultz and Daley and they won the Cup.  Under Sullivan the Ds were extremely aggressive offensively and were defending already at the opponent's blue line - in the finals SJS could hardly get out of their own end.  Boudreau wants to defend as high as possible and has a puck mover at the top of his wish list.  The Canucks' Ds are not particularly mobile or productive past Hughes.  Lundkvist is a puck mover.

• Thanks 1

Miller is a gamer. Question is, do they want to win now or not? The East is very competitive and adding someone of Miller's ilk could give them that added "all situations beast" that he is. At the end of the day, speculating is fun but I sure as hell hope that we wear them down for Scheinder. Really, we have the power. We are not in need of moving Miller out this year, especially if he decides he wants to stay in Van after his current contract is up.

38 minutes ago, mll said:

Seems like JR and PA could be pushed around in these negotiations. I say no thanks and move on, if I were them. 

How does Lundvist and Schneider compare to one another? 

12 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Not enough A potential in that deal for my liking. Several B pieces make no sense to me. Would sooner have quality over quantity. Schneider or bust imho.

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

Not enough A potential in that deal for my liking. Several B pieces make no sense to me. Would sooner have quality over quantity. Schneider or bust imho.

Yeah, i've got the same sentiment. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Seems like JR and PA could be pushed around in these negotiations. I say no thanks and move on, if I were them. 

Rutherford in discussion with Scott Burnside doesn't feel there's any urgency to make a trade:

JR: Well, we’re in a position that we don’t have to feel any pressure this year because we don’t have top players where they’re going to be UFAs. So there’s no urgency here to make those kinds of decisions. Our decisions will be made step by step as to what we think is best for the franchise now and in the future.

SB: That’s a good way to have it if you’re starting out in building this organization to not to have to deal with those kinds of personnel issues right away?

JR: It is. Yeah. Yeah. It wouldn’t be as comfortable if we were sitting here with a couple of our top players going to be UFAs that would put a lot of pressure on the staff and we’re not in that position, so that’s good.

I’m sticking with JTM, Motte, Boner for Lafreniere, Schneider, Kravtsov, 2nd.

Don’t want to see any of those 3 traded but to me that’s balanced for both teams on all fronts. 

Really think Boner could develop into a bonafide top 2-4 Dman though. 

7 minutes ago, rekker said:

To me, I'm a realist. I don't think Miller for Schneider, Kako, a first is realistic. Does Miller and Motte make any sense for Schneider, Kako and a first?

If they don't want to move Schneider, adding Motte is not going to change anything.  

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

That’s Staples offer is laughable.   Keep Miller if that is the case.