The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

7 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Not if we re-up him this summer….

Aight, where do you stand if it doesn't work out?

Because it's an if until it's not

You've been consistent with your stance but even you've gotta see we can't lose him for nothing

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Leafs media getting excited that Gilman is scouting our games.

Let me guess they think they can get him for Kerfoot, Sandin, and a 1st? :lol:

The Leafs don’t have anything we want. Give it a rest.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were scouting Schenn or Motte tbh

Miller's named is just buzzing and it'll get clicks

Either player would make a lot of sense for them, Schenn is playing above his pay grade and the Leafs are strapped for cap

Edited by Coconuts

15 hours ago, HKSR said:

Ok, this pains me to say because I think you ALL know where I stand with this... but hearing JT Miller in that interview, I don't hear commitment in his voice or his tone at all.  You even got the long pause before he spoke.  Ugh... this is coming from ME... one of the biggest supporters of keeping Miller, but man, that did NOT sound like a player that wants to stay here long term. 

Let the trade proposals happen... I'm on board guys.  :mellow:

Bro…you’re the team leader.

How you going to snake us like that.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, J-23 said:

Bro…you’re the team leader.

How you going to snake us like that.

I don't think they should trade Miller this year if that helps lol

I think Boeser needs to go this TDL, then we see how we do next year.  What if we turn into a divisional leader next year?  Maybe JT would want to stay then.  We're not in a rush to trade Miller, so unless it's a mind blowing deal coming our way, just keep him for now ::D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Leafs media getting excited that Gilman is scouting our games.

Let me guess they think they can get him for Kerfoot, Sandin, and a 1st? :lol:

The Leafs don’t have anything we want. Give it a rest.

In theory they could go out and acquire what the Canucks would want and flip them over to us.  The Leafs do have assets available... just not ones we like lol

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Turcotte while starting off a bit slow could be because of bouncing back from an injury. He was picked 5th overall a couple years ago. Good center prospect I’d like him back. Also Grans and Faber are decent RHD prospects. I also wouldn’t mind taking a flier on Vilardi as a throw in. They have a good collection of some decent C and RHD guys.

If we traded Miller to a division rival and have to play against him for 7 years, the return better be massive! Talking it starts with Clarke, Vilardi/Turcotte, 1st++

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

In theory they could go out and acquire what the Canucks would want and flip them over to us.  The Leafs do have assets available... just not ones we like lol

What assets do the Leafs have to acquire the assets we need in return to trade them Miller?  Almost every one of their young players and prospects is very much overrated by the Toronto overhype media.  But teams around the league know this, so the only valuable asset is their first.  

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

If we traded Miller to a division rival and have to play against him for 7 years, the return better be massive! Talking it starts with Clarke, Vilardi/Turcotte, 1st++

To the acquiring team Miller is a two playoff rental.  

Arthur Staple of the Athletic says that the Canucks want Schneider but that’s a non starter for the Rangers. Rangers are very much still interested though so it’s possible they may buckle. 

It’s nice to hear that management is holding out for what they want. I know Benning did similar for OEL, but this feels different. If we get Schneider, he’s Huggy or Rathbones partner for the next 10 years, whereas OEL obviously is on a timer. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AngryElf said:

Arthur Staple of the Athletic says that the Canucks want Schneider but that’s a non starter for the Rangers. Rangers are very much still interested though so it’s possible they may buckle. 

It’s nice to hear that management is holding out for what they want. I know Benning did similar for OEL, but this feels different. If we get Schneider, he’s Huggy or Rathbones partner for the next 10 years, whereas OEL obviously is on a timer. 

If the Rags don’t cough up Schneider + then we keep Miller.  We win either way.  Rangers window is right now.  If they wait there’s no reason to think Panarin, Zib, Kreider, Trouba and their other top guys (who are all older except for Fox) will continue at their current top levels.  They will be taking a big gamble that guys like Schneider, Laugher, Crappo will soon take over from those older guys.  Big gamble.  

Just now, Alflives said:

If the Rags don’t cough up Schneider + then we keep Miller.  We win either way.  Rangers window is right now.  If they wait there’s no reason to think Panarin, Zib, Kreider, Trouba and their other top guys (who are all older except for Fox) will continue at their current top levels.  They will be taking a big gamble that guys like Schneider, Laugher, Crappo will soon take over from those older guys.  Big gamble.  

Do they become a better team if Laf, Kakko, Schneider and Othmann outplay their expectations and Fox, Zibanejad, Trouba, Panarin and Shesterkin play at 80-90% of what they’re playing at now?

32 minutes ago, AngryElf said:

I could see em buckle if Pittsburgh, Carolina, Tampa, or Florida make upgrades 

It could turn into an arms race, and the three that ain't Pittsburgh are cream of the crop teams this season 

Guess we'll see

Edited by Coconuts

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

I thought we were talking Boeser not Miller. With LA I believe all prospects outside of Byfeld and Clarke are fair game. So I don’t think they’d be players in a Miller sweepstakes. But the players I mentioned is a nice return for Boeser.

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

How people will interpret this:

Pro Miller people:  "He's definitely signing here, definitely."

Pro Re-tool people:  "Means nothing, what do you expect his agent to say?"

Rational People:  "He could stay, he could go, at this point all options are on the table." 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

What assets do the Leafs have to acquire the assets we need in return to trade them Miller?  Almost every one of their young players and prospects is very much overrated by the Toronto overhype media.  But teams around the league know this, so the only valuable asset is their first.  

Nylander or Kerfoot in a package to another team could land them something valuable.  Probably a 1st and/or a good prospect. 

Nylander to LA for Vilardi + Faber/Grans

Kerfoot, Vilardi, Faber/Grans would be a pretty nice package for Vancouver's needs.  Kerfoot is very good on the PK, Vilardi as a prospect C, Faber or Grans as a prospect RHD.

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I guess I’m from the old school. You build from the tender out. Check on Demko. The d-side i# Van’s biggest problem. Hugy is the keeper and the rest can be moved. Sending Miller out to get a major piece to help Hugy is what it likely takes. Top that with some additional pieces. Has to happen.

47 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I guess I’m from the old school. You build from the tender out. Check on Demko. The d-side i# Van’s biggest problem. Hugy is the keeper and the rest can be moved. Sending Miller out to get a major piece to help Hugy is what it likely takes. Top that with some additional pieces. Has to happen.

Agree 100%. Our D has be atrocious for 15 years. It must be fixed at any cost at this point. Agree that Huggy is the only real keeper. I don't mind Burroughs as a young replacement player though. When it's this dire I say just go pay the price and move on to the future.

29 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Agree 100%. Our D has be atrocious for 15 years. It must be fixed at any cost at this point. Agree that Huggy is the only real keeper. I don't mind Burroughs as a young replacement player though. When it's this dire I say just go pay the price and move on to the future.

I'm guessing "15 years" is just a figure of speech?  I think our defence was pretty good in 2010-11 :P