The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

6 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Chiasson has a 750k cap hit, and can always sit in the box.  He is good cheap depth. 
He is the last of our problems.  

I agree on Motte.  

The ”maybe Dickinson?” part of your post, as well as needing Chiasson to be traded for some reason tells me you don’t actually k ow what you are talking about, other than just wanting to see trades.  

Chiasson isn't a problem. I would sell UFAs to gain assets no matter how small they might be.

Of course I don't know what I am talking about and neither do you. If we did we'd be employed by the Canucks.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

All of the players people are proposing we trade can still be traded in the summer.

Worst thing we can do now is make a deal for the sake of making a deal. I don’t think management has had enough time to fully assess what this teams needs are anyways.

Only risk this deadline is letting Motte walk. I still think they end up re-signing him though.

I'm just going off how people were talking about how we needed to maximize value by moving the big ticket guys this TDL.  Especially someone like Boeser...

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I'm just going off how people were talking about how we needed to maximize value by moving the big ticket guys this TDL.  Especially someone like Boeser...

Ask yourself what playoff team is looking at Boeser right now and thinking that’s the guy that will put us over the top? Honestly?

A Boeser trade is more suited for the summer with more teams involved. Teams with cap space that are looking to make a splash.

Some of these trades could define the next 5 years of this organization and it seems like some people just wanna sell at all costs. I’d rather wait for the right deal.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Ask yourself what playoff team is looking at Boeser right now and thinking that’s the guy that will put us over the top? Honestly?

A Boeser trade is more suited for the summer with more teams involved. Teams with cap space that are looking to make a splash.

Some of these trades could define the next 5 years of this organization and it seems like some people just wanna sell at all costs. I’d rather wait for the right deal.

Hey, you know where I stand.  I'm not even on the trade everyone bandwagon.  I'm just really interested to see how people respond after the deadline passes and we walk into our next game with the same roster except for Dermott, and potentially see Motte walk in the offseason lol

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

All of the players people are proposing we trade can still be traded in the summer.

Worst thing we can do now is make a deal for the sake of making a deal. I don’t think management has had enough time to fully assess what this teams needs are anyways.

Only risk this deadline is letting Motte walk. I still think they end up re-signing him though.

I really hope we re-sign Motte.  Best checking line we've had in years... tenacity, consistency, and chemistry... something I can't say for the rest of our line-up...

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Sure, but diminishing value as contracts run down needs to be taken into account. It's not as straight forward as just deciding to trade someone later. 

The return on the trade will have to be gauged, just as people did with GMJB. 

And I disagree on management not having enough time to assess the team's needs - by now I'm pretty sure they know full well this team's strengths and weaknesses. 

3 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Sure, but diminishing value as contracts run down needs to be taken into account. It's not as straight forward as just deciding to trade someone later. 

The return on the trade will have to be gauged, just as people did with GMJB. 

And I disagree on management not having enough time to assess the team's needs - by now I'm pretty sure they know full well this team's strengths and weaknesses. 

The deals also have to be there. Have we heard of any proposals made by any teams? For all we know they’re all lowballs. How does that help us?

Most the players that people are proposing we trade shouldn’t be traded anyways.

The trades we need to make are ones where the cap space is more important than the return so yes they can be made later.

And agree to disagree. I think they need to see how the rest of the season plays out before making big decisions. You can’t just make decisions based on a poor stretch of games where everyone is playing bad.

37 minutes ago, HKSR said:

So because it is their first year, they can get away with whatever they do?

We all know who GMJB refers to.  It doesn't mean he's GM now... wow... :rolleyes:

it’s their first months, not year…

As the old trickster you are the GMJB is by design. B)

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

it’s their first months, not year…

As the old trickster you are the GMJB is by design. B)

And you think with the expanded management team and office, you don't think they should be held a little accountable?  There's more AGMs on this team than most teams in the league at this point, not including all the special advisors and staff.

• Cheers 1

Just now, grandmaster said:

So far so good. Miller is not moving….

Happy Regular Season GIF by NHL

No major big names are going anywhere today.  I'm pretty sure of it. 

We might see Motte or Halak moved.  That's about it I guess.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, HKSR said:

And you think with the expanded management team and office, you don't think they should be held a little accountable?  There's more AGMs on this team than most teams in the league at this point, not including all the special advisors and staff.

The expanded management means also more people to talk to and let them get into the roles they have.

It’s a lot to do for both Allvin and JR

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

The expanded management means also more people to talk to and let them get into the roles they have.

It’s a lot to do for both Allvin and JR

So... you're saying they don't have enough... time?  ::D

• Cheers 1

Just now, Timråfan said:

Maybe, as this TDL isn’t so importNt to them this year.

It’s not like they think we’re contenders next season. 

It'll just be interesting to hear people's reactions when we basically add Dermott and Richardson, and subtract Hamonic.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Timråfan said:

Maybe, as this TDL isn’t so importNt to them this year.

It’s not like they think we’re contenders next season. 

Every trade deadline is important, regardless where a team is at in their development or who is in charge or when they took over. 

Typical Benning hater, excuses for everyone else, micro criticisms for JB. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

No major big names are going anywhere today.  I'm pretty sure of it. 

We might see Motte or Halak moved.  That's about it I guess.

I thought you would be thrilled that Miller isn't going anywhere.

We still might see something around Debrusk, but I think the Bruins want Garland

rather than Pears.  Unless they're including something, it's a not go.

Any major trades will come in the offseason and during the next season or TD.

I can see one of Garland or Boeser, Myers and a decision on whether Miller can be

re-signed.

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

I thought you would be thrilled that Miller isn't going anywhere.

We still might see something around Debrusk, but I think the Bruins want Garland

rather than Pears.  Unless they're including something, it's a not go.

Any major trades will come in the offseason and during the next season or TD.

I can see one of Garland or Boeser, Myers and a decision on whether Miller can be

re-signed.

I am, but I'm more curious how the lack of moves in general is affecting CDCers psyche today haha

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Every trade deadline is important, regardless where a team is at in their development or who is in charge or when they took over. 

Typical Benning hater, excuses for everyone else, micro criticisms for JB. 

Goodness me, I wouldn’t bother a bit about Benning if it was his first season or two.

Bennings track record filled with mistakes is just too much.

Come back if Allvinfollows in Bennings footstepw.

• Haha 2