The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

13 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Interesting note about NJ.  It's been floated around here but to have Elliot mention it, there could be something.  

Seems like the writing is on the wall.  Management has been hedging their comments and more teams may be in the fold now than at the deadline as some teams were already out of the mix.  Retaining on Miller also opens more doors.  

Excited to see if/when something happens.

Allvin and JR say we can’t afford to lose assets anymore, so we trade Motte for a late fourth rounder.  But we don’t trade Miller at the TDL, which is almost for certain going to cost us a lot more than a fourth when we compare what we could have returned then to what we get this summer.  Chytil, a young D, and a late first would have been so much more than we eventually get.  So Motte has to go because we need that fourth rounder.  But we hang on to JT and lose out on likely three pieces that are better than what we end up with for him?  This is not good asset management.  Imhao this is another example of ownership getting involved.  And every time he does that it costs us in the long term.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Interesting note about NJ.  It's been floated around here but to have Elliot mention it, there could be something.  

Seems like the writing is on the wall.  Management has been hedging their comments and more teams may be in the fold now than at the deadline as some teams were already out of the mix.  Retaining on Miller also opens more doors.  

Excited to see if/when something happens.

If there's a way to pry #2 away from Jersey that includes Miller and say our 15th i'd do it.  I'd retain 50% i'd send flowers I'd do anything to get Slafkovsky.  Holy CRAP that kid is something else

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If there's a way to pry #2 away from Jersey that includes Miller and say our 15th i'd do it.  I'd retain 50% i'd send flowers I'd do anything to get Slafkovsky.  Holy CRAP that kid is something else

I know Montreal needs a centre, however on pure talent alone do you believe Slavkofsky is the best player in this draft ? 

The more video I watch of both players, the more I believe he is.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Please phone JR and tell him about your idea.  

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Do that with Horvat today.

Horvat is not worth 7 , and Boeser definitely not worth 7.5

lets exclude Miller for the sake of this conversation only,

because that’s what we’re left with if Miller is moved.   And no one would have guessed Miller to develop into the e player he has here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stawns said:

If the Canucks retained on the last year of Miller's deal and Fla got him even cheaper than he is now (which is already a killer deal) then there's no way they aren't in on him as a rental after winning the PT and getting swept in round 2.

I don't care what Poile says, he has a team in their prime, a team that's been the bridesmaid for over a decade with nothing to show for it and he's coming to the end of his tenure in nashville.........he's going to want to win and bringing Miller in on a good deal for a year improves them significantly.

Apparently you can see it on their website. Poile doesn't want to get any better. :frantic:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Do that with Horvat today.

Horvat is not worth 7 , and Boeser definitely not worth 7.5

lets exclude Miller for the sake of this conversation only,

because that’s what we’re left with if Miller is moved.   And no one would have guessed Miller to develop into the e player he has here.

Jersey might actually do Bo (signed to an extension) for 2OA.  

Blow this up!  Let’s rebuild.  :towel:

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

I think people need to be reminded (not speaking to you flick), that if a Miller deal goes down, it doesn't need to be a RHD coming back.  That area is obviously of immediate concern, granted, but this organization is void of blue chip prospects at virtually every position including,  believe it or not,  goal.   Centers - we need them. Wingers - we need some especially if BB/Garland are traded.  Defenceman - definitely need more quality assets: despite people's hopes there's no guarantee Bone pans out at the  next level.   Goal, Considering Demko himself took 5 or 6 years to fully develop it would be wise to look for a quality young prospect now rather than later in my view. 

Would a Schneider or a Clarke be a great add, no doubt,  but this organization needs assets everywhere meaning many, many teams are potential trading partners. 

We do have Silovs, MDP (and Martin's only 26) FWIW...

That said, I don't disagree. I wouldn't hate something around Marino and Blomqvist out of PIT (another team people shouldn't be ignoring as a possible Miller destination).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I said RHD. Those guys you mentioned are not RHD. It’s been mentioned several times that the Rangers do not want to trade Schneider. 

In any event I do agree that at the end of the day you just take the best deal you can get regardless what position the player plays. Like you said you can flip other players for help on defence. 

If the Rangers actually wanted to trade for Miller then I’d rather have Lafreniere than Schneider anyways as Laff has the better pedigree and in my opinion has star potential.  If the Rangers are willling to throw in Lundkvist or K’Andre Miller as well even better.  

K'andre Miller is not a "throw in" :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Jersey might actually do Bo (signed to an extension) for 2OA.  

Blow this up!  Let’s rebuild.  :towel:

Either one of. .  Horvat or Boeser is a re-tool.

Moving Miller is a re-build.

that’s why I’m suggesting just keep Miller out of this discussion right now.

Bo or Boeser , and our 15 OA

to Jersey for their 2nd, and Pavel Zacha

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We do have Silovs, MDP (and Martin's only 26) FWIW...

That said, I don't disagree. I wouldn't hate something around Marino and Blomqvist out of PIT (another team people shouldn't be ignoring as a possible Miller destination).

I’d love that return for JT, but why Pit?

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Either one of. .  Horvat or Boeser is a re-tool.

Moving Miller is a re-build.

that’s why I’m suggesting just keep Miller out of this discussion right now.

Bo or Boeser , and our 15 OA

to Jersey for their 2nd, and Pavel Zacha

Boeser will not get that done, but Bo (signed) would do get 2OA without us adding 15.  

Imagine drafting 2 and 15!  And we keep Miller and still have Petey.  We draft Stafloski and a D at 15.  Damn!  I like!

Bye bye Bo.  Nice knowing ya. 

• Like 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Boeser will not get that done, but Bo (signed) would do get 2OA without us adding 15.  

Imagine drafting 2 and 15!  And we keep Miller and still have Petey.  We draft Stafloski and a D at 15.  Damn!  I like!

Bye bye Bo.  Nice knowing ya. 

Kuzmenko?!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fanuck said:

I think people need to be reminded (not speaking to you flick), that if a Miller deal goes down, it doesn't need to be a RHD coming back.  That area is obviously of immediate concern, granted, but this organization is void of blue chip prospects at virtually every position including,  believe it or not,  goal.   Centers - we need them. Wingers - we need some especially if BB/Garland are traded.  Defenceman - definitely need more quality assets: despite people's hopes there's no guarantee Bone pans out at the  next level.   Goal, Considering Demko himself took 5 or 6 years to fully develop it would be wise to look for a quality young prospect now rather than later in my view. 

Would a Schneider or a Clarke be a great add, no doubt,  but this organization needs assets everywhere meaning many, many teams are potential trading partners. 

absolutely........I think at the last deadline, a rhd coming back would have been a priority, but in the off season you take the best deal and sort it out after