The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Rip the bandaid off so we can all move forward and put an end to this circus. If he's gonna be moved grab a great deal and move on. 

There will be quality offers.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I want the boys and organization to be great in the community, and they will be, but I want to be a winning organization too. That requires the ruthless kind of moves we've seen from teams like Chicago in the past, and Colorado and Tampa in more recent years.

I'm not content with a feel good team that we hold on to forever because the fanbase is sentimental.

If our window ain't now than built for when it is, which is what I've been saying for months.

People who understand <3

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Rip the bandaid off so we can all move forward and put an end to this circus. If he's gonna be moved grab a great deal and move on. 

There will be quality offers.

Yip. Team doesn't need this drama. 

• Cheers 3

Just now, Chris12345 said:

The trade deadline would suck.

Terrible idea IMO, what if the Canucks are in a wildcard spot at the TDL? They aren't going to trade Miller. But then Miller has all of the control with a new contract after the season or he walks for nothing. Way too much risk to wait. There's being patient, and then there's missing the boat.  Benning missed the boat (ran out of time)

Make the trade!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Terrible idea IMO, what if the Canucks are in a wildcard spot at the TDL? They aren't going to trade Miller. But then Miller has all of the control with a new contract after the season or he walks for nothing. Way too much risk to wait. There's being patient, and then there's missing the boat.  Benning missed the boat (ran out of time)

Make the trade!

And for some idiotic reason the Canucks are always in the chase but never really close. They don't sell but miss anyway.

• Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

To be honest, this may even be closer to the reality.  Schneider is essentially the key part of the deal because we are so weak at RD with his player type.  Chytil or Kakko would be a risk, but both have the upside to fill a need in our plans and the 1st is a lotto ticket.  If it's this type of deal we should all be really happy as we can also fill that 5M cap space Miller leaves with a UFA.

I am not against this but....if the Rangers succeed , then the first is late next year. So, I see the addition of their 2022-2nd added......no way the Rangers are a lotto team.

15 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Already spoke about this JM. I even shouted out a couple folks that I find peticularly knowledgeable. But that's the whole point, this dude has a phone full or sources. He talks to people who work for the team on the regular. He has had conversations with the players, the scouts, the agents, our management team. He has resources on hand that most of us would love just to have a single conversation with.

This entire conversation stemmed from someone saying he wasn't qualified to even write about hockey, paired with someone else saying that the average person on this website could do a better job as an NHL coach then our old assistant. I find claims like that just silly. If people think they are better then him, do it. I'll listen to them on the radio instead of Drance (like I keep saying, I don't even really like the guy). Until then, this guy is ok the radio and has been pretty successful talking about the team in depth.

thats fair. I guess for me I don't find him compelling or original, he kind of complies info from other sources and reports. Which is fine as far as it goes. 

• Cheers 1

Make a handshake deal with Miller now.  Trade him for assets then sign him next year when he's a UFA. 

Haha if they got us on the Luongo recapture thing then how much trouble would we be in for doing this?