The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

1 hour ago, stawns said:

that ship sailed in the post season, imo........though they should still push for him.  I'd do Byram for Miller straight up, 50% retained

55 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

I reckon you and I may have been the only people on the Byram drum around January when he was rumoured to be available. I was willing to go JT back then for him and obviously would be 100% in still. I'd do straight up in a heart beat.

Realistically seems like a not gonna happen. Byram-Makar has potential to be one of the best pairings we have seen in a very, very long time. I package around Newhook is very interesting to me though. Watched quite a bit of him before his draft and he just oozes potential. I haven't kept up with him since though.

There's several guys I'd deal Miller one-for-one:  Schneider,  Byram,  Clarke, Chychrun....just to name a few....we don't need quantity in a Miller deal,  we  need quality.  

A single,  elite young roster player or bona-fide blue-chip asset is still value, anything else is bonus vs letting him walk as ufa.

• Cheers 4

Carolina with Necas, Colorado with Newhook, Rangers with Schneider are the three targets I’ll stand by. Lundell and Byram would be great , but I don’t see them available. I don’t see a scenario where we don’t trade or use a 1st round pick to draft or acquire a bluechip RHD, unless the Rangers cave and give us Schneider in the Miller deal.

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

There's several guys I'd deal Miller one-for-one:  Schneider,  Byram,  Clarke, Chychrun....just to name a few....we don't need quantity in a Miller deal,  we  need quality.  

A single,  elite young roster player or bona-fide blue-chip asset is still value, anything else is bonus vs letting him walk as ufa.

I agree.

8 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

The key is you have to be cautious with chemistry; Miller is a leader on the canucks. It is not as easy as filling one void with a player. Look at Tanev; theoretically Hamonic more than filled his void at 1.5m savings. We know what happened there…… 

54 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Trade Pearson and Hoglander for Severson and add a sweetener to subtract Dickinson.  Lots of other moves that could be made; I just pulled that for an example.

Landeskog-Pettersson-Boeser

Podkolzin-Horvat-Kuzmenko

Mikhayev-Rodrigues-Garland

Joshua-Lazar-Lockwood

Hughes-Severson

OEL-Myers

Rathbone-Schenn

How about resigning Miller and then making your trade for Severson. That team is better than the above. Besides, Landeskog isn’t going to get traded for Miller. Did u watch his playoff performance.

2 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

How about resigning Miller and then making your trade for Severson. That team is better than the above. Besides, Landeskog isn’t going to get traded for Miller. Did u watch his playoff performance.

If Miller re-signs for something reasonable, sure.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

The key is you have to be cautious with chemistry; Miller is a leader on the canucks. It is not as easy as filling one void with a player. Look at Tanev; theoretically Hamonic more than filled his void at 1.5m savings. We know what happened there…… 

It's just as likely that trading Miller will help the chemistry on the team, as his fiery personality is one that can potentially create division. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

It's just as likely that trading Miller will help the chemistry on the team, as his fiery personality is one that can potentially create division. 

Meh….that whole Bo vs Miller camp stuff was BS. We have silent leaders…we need a vocal one. Ala Sedons and Kessler

• Cheers 3

20 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Meh….that whole Bo vs Miller camp stuff was BS. We have silent leaders…we need a vocal one. Ala Sedons and Kessler

We'll never know the full truth to the team division rumours, so although it's potentially all bs, it's possible that Miller's personality, when things weren't going so well, did in fact rub some guys the wrong way. It's not as simple as saying losing him will negatively affect the chemistry. Since we don't know, it's just as possible that it improves the chemistry. 

• Cheers 2

I wonder if NJ is still butthurt about the Bo Horvat trade scenario. Maybe they want Bo. Kind of makes sense with them dragging their heels on a trade. But a one for one with Schneider or Byram seem more enticing. We'll be weaker at scoring but better defensively. If it's NJ ask them to throw in a Geerston or Bahl.

22 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

We'll never know the full truth to the team division rumours, so although it's potentially all bs, it's possible that Miller's personality, when things weren't going so well, did in fact rub some guys the wrong way. It's not as simple as saying losing him will negatively affect the chemistry. Since we don't know, it's just as possible that it improves the chemistry. 

Let me first say I love JT Miller as a player on our team. But only those with their  JT Blinders (and JT avatars) on will deny that when stuff isn’t going well for the team or himself on the ice JT can, and has, acted like a big baby on skates. His, at times, frequent giving up on plays was a terrible look. I frankly don’t think he’s the most ideal captain material. A pretty damn good  lieutenant for a rock steady guy like Bo Horvat though.

If the Canucks can bring him back for an AAV in the 7’s, I’m so on board. Seems unlikely he’ll sign for that here though.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Rutherford said he's not going to panic til the trade deadline.

March 21? I figure the panic should start sooner like January.  This gives enough time to negotiate between parties involved. I think he should aim for the xmas break to get things rolling.  Time will go too fast and we can't rush this deal too much to get our value.

If JT extends?

Nevermind.

Really hope he just extends..

8.3x6. 50 mill total.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Let me first say I love JT Miller as a player on our team. But only those with their  JT Blinders (and JT avatars) on will deny that when stuff isn’t going well for the team or himself on the ice JT can, and has, acted like a big baby on skates. His, at times, frequent giving up on plays was a terrible look. I frankly don’t think he’s the most ideal captain material. A pretty damn good  lieutenant for a rock steady guy like Bo Horvat though.

If the Canucks can bring him back for an AAV in the 7’s, I’m so on board. Seems unlikely he’ll sign for that here though.

And that is where I am at; Captain…no. Emotional leader…yes. We still need the Peterson and Bo quiet steady leader approach. I’ll state it again; Sedins and Kesler. Kesler sometimes had a bad look too…

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Rutherford said he's not going to panic til the trade deadline.

March 21? I figure the panic should start sooner like January.  This gives enough time to negotiate between parties involved. I think he should aim for the xmas break to get things rolling.  Time will go too fast and we can't rush this deal too much to get our value.

If JT extends?

Nevermind.

He may say so, but internally surely they are seriously considering resigning him or being concerned... Being play offs bound and then stripping you team of the main driver in the last minute, doesn't happen often (I think).... If they, they would take the offer of a top RHD right now, if they could. Or a good RHD with a good prospect or top2/3 C... 

Age seems to matter throughout the league,

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1