The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

29 minutes ago, aGENT said:

24 year old, excellent skating, cost controlled, defensive RHD. 

Been one of the better defensive D in the league the past couple years, glowing underlying numbers, consistent (but not flashy) play driver. Think young Tanev. 

He doesnt have half the heart of Tanev.  

Marino is a 4 at best.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, aGENT said:

pool-man-2.jpg

I wouldn't expect him to be anywhere near the the top of their list. Not when Schenn's there.

He's a 3rd pair D at 2.5M for 3 more seasons. They're giving up Marino they probably want Schenn. Save the cap for a solid top 4 D(on top of needing to re-sign Letang) to replace Marino which they'd have to do in order to move him.

Brock Faber - Olympian RHD + Kuapari yes please 

Brandt Clarke baby- yes please 

Grans ? Don’t know the guy 

I doubt Vilardi, Turcotte or Byfield are free but amen to that depth to trade 

Samuel Ferragamo like the shoe, he’s a great prospect too, JR make it reign 

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I wouldn't expect him to be anywhere near the the top of their list. Not when Schenn's there.

He's a 3rd pair D at 2.5M for 3 more seasons. They're giving up Marino they probably want Schenn. Save the cap for a solid top 4 D(on top of needing to re-sign Letang) to replace Marino which they'd have to do in order to move him.

Would even out the cap if they're sending us an also middling, Kapanen.

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

That seems to be the consensus on HFboards as well, although I have seen a bit of interest in Hamonic on their end.

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Over chychrun?

Shoulder problems, wrong side, going to demand more cap eventually, higher acquisition cost.... Not that he's a bad D (at all) but I prefer Marino's fit for us.

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Shoulder problems, wrong side, going to demand more cap eventually, higher acquisition cost.... Not that he's a bad D (at all) but I prefer Marino's fit for us.

I feel the shoulder thing is way overblown. Wrong side yeah. But I'm sure he can play the right (that's my hope anyway lol). Higher costs because he's a better player haha.

6 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I feel the shoulder thing is way overblown. Wrong side yeah. But I'm sure he can play the right (that's my hope anyway lol). Higher costs because he's a better player haha.

I just feel like we need to find some "sneaky good" players (like PIT seemed to always be able to do under Rutherford). Guys that will cost less to acquire in trade, less cap to retain etc. Chychrun is going to cost some team a LOAD of assets (as he should) and then eventually more cap. I'm just not sure I want that to be us. If it was Dobson or McAvoy...sure.

And the last thing we need is another top 4 LD, even if he "can" play R side.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I just feel like we need to find some "sneaky good" players (like PIT seemed to always be able to do under Rutherford). Guys that will cost less to acquire in trade, less cap to retain etc. Chychrun is going to cost some team a LOAD of assets (as he should) and then eventually more cap. I'm just not sure I want that to be us. If it was Dobson or McAvoy...sure.

And the last thing we need is another top 4 LD, even if he "can" play R side.

I'll be honest, I don't know much about Marino. Maybe I'm.overlooking him but I want a more impactful player in the grand  scheme if we're parting in boeser. 

• Huggy Bear 1

11 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I'll be honest, I don't know much about Marino. Maybe I'm.overlooking him but I want a more impactful player in the grand  scheme if we're parting in boeser. 

A guy that has a similar effect on the game as Tanev isn't "impactful"?

28 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I know he had a good rookie season, but where are you getting this from for this year and last?

I’m thinking if he’s such an impactful player why would Pittsburgh give up on an young cost controlled rhd when such players are hard to find and Pitts really don’t have much right hand depth on their lineup?  

I’ll play devils advocate..

i see a sixth rounder that might have played over his head in his rookie year.  He doesn’t generate offence, is the only minus player on their D, and is sub 190lbs.  

How Does he improve our team when we minus a proven 20+ goal scoring winger (13 goals in 30 games under Bruce)  in order to trade for him?

I respect your opinions Gent, but if this trade goes down I’m afraid we will be underwhelmed.

I’m fully prepared to be wrong about Marino, all I know are the stats I see and what I’ve been reading in here and in Pittsburgh forums.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

I haven't heard this Tanev comparison before. On Canucks central they specifically said he wasn't like Tanev since he didn't think the game at the same level. They said his play style was more similar to Poolman, with a much better tool kit and physical skills. But I haven't heard this stay at home defensive type said by any of the pundits yet. I don't really know the player myself.

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Would even out the cap if they're sending us an also middling, Kapanen.

Kapanen's an RFA having a down year. He has more value than Poolman even struggling.  Poolman has 3 years left at 2.5M. I don't think many teams will take 2.5M 3rd RD when you can get some just as good or better at less than half that as proven with Burroughs and Schenn. The fact that you're trying to trade him there in the deal and have shown reluctance to trade Schenn, who they'd want, goes to point out that better guys can be had cheaper.

It's not worth it when your're a playoff team tight usually spending to the cap, trying to make the most out of everything. I mean isn't that why we're trying to trade Poolman?

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

That seems to be the consensus on HFboards as well, although I have seen a bit of interest in Hamonic on their end.

Makes more sense than Poolman. Would have 1 year left and Hamonic  is a better defenseman. Has twice as many points in half as many games as Poolman and plays more minutes on average. They might ask for some retention given a 3M cap hit, depends their plans for that off-season/UFA/year in particular and Hamonic has an 8 team NTC.

Schenn just makes the most sense for them. Or even Burroughs. Use the cap you'd save to go one of the better RDs in FA to replace Marino like Manson. Penguins have a decent amount of cap tied up in D too with Pettersson, Matheson, Dumoulin, Marino, Letang. Three LD are making above 4M. They could not even ask for a D back when trading one out.