The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not all RFA’s are offersheet eligible.

An QO isn't a signed deal tho. These guys seem to think Brock is an offer sheet candidate: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2952882-5-nhl-restricted-free-agents-who-teams-should-target-with-an-offer-sheet

Its an interesting idea. Someone could offer him 7.6 mil and we'd get a 1st, 2nd and 3rd back.

15 teams have the picks to do it; https://www.capfriendly.com/offer-sheet-calculator

Edited by JM_

52 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

The majority of this post is just false information 

It's correct.

This season QOs are due by 11 July and players not qualified will be free agents on 13 July.  

Boeser's QO is 7.5M - it's his last base salary.  He was grandfathered because he signed his deal before the 120% ceiling on the QO was introduced.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Goal:thecup said:

Me too.  Big, tough guy, good teammate, great attitude.

Got paid a million bucks a year on his expired 2 year deal.

Is he still UFA?

Offer 2 yrs at $1.5m?

might take a little more, but we need a couple of guys like this to impose our will more on teams. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not all RFA’s are offersheet eligible.

Yes you are correct.  

But that shouldn’t apply to Boeser now.  Boeser wasn’t eligible last time because he was designated a 10.2(c) player. The player is only eligible to negotiate and sign a contract with the club that holds their signing rights.  That shouldn’t be the case for Boeser this time around.

9 minutes ago, JM_ said:

An QO isn't a signed deal tho. These guys seem to think Brock is an offer sheet candidate: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2952882-5-nhl-restricted-free-agents-who-teams-should-target-with-an-offer-sheet

Its an interesting idea. Someone could offer him 7.6 mil and we'd get a 1st, 2nd and 3rd back.

15 teams have the picks to do it; https://www.capfriendly.com/offer-sheet-calculator

Honestly, if some team offersheets Boeser at a price and term that doesn’t fit Canucks salary structure, I would be more than happy to get those draft picks.  Especially if that team tanks next season.  That 1st could be in the Bedard sweepstakes.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

Honestly, if some team offersheets Boeser at a price and term that doesn’t fit Canucks salary structure, I would be more than happy to get those draft picks.  Especially if that team tanks next season.  That 1st could be in the Bedard sweepstakes.

so... is there a team out there willing to go 6.3-8.4 mil on Brock long term, e.g., a 5 year 6.5 or 7 mil offer sheet? 

Just now, JM_ said:

so... is there a team out there willing to go 6.3-8.4 mil on Brock long term, e.g., a 5 year 6.5 or 7 mil offer sheet? 

No idea.  According to some posters, Boeser isn’t worth anything and are willing to let him walk into UFA.

I think a $7M offer would be too much and would let that team get Boeser.  Anything between $6.5-6.99, I’d give it a serious thoughts about it but probably let Boeser go. Below $6.5M, I would match.

50 minutes ago, JM_ said:

A first, a second, and a third?  In 2023 draft?

I sure hope so.

The full compensation scale for 2022 offer sheets is as follows: 

2021 OFFER SHEET

2022 OFFER SHEET

DRAFT CHOICE(S)

$1,356,540 or below

$1,386,490 or below

None

Over $1,356,540 to $2,055,364

Over $1,386,490 to $2,100,742

Third-round pick

Over $2,055,364 to $4,110,732

Over $2,100,742 to $4,201,488

Second-round pick

Over $4,110,732 to $6,166,096

Over $4,201,488 to $6,302,230

First-round pick

Third-round pick

Over $6,166,096 to $8,221,463

Over $6,302,230 to $8,402,975

First-round pick

Second-round pick

Third-round pick

Over $8,221,463 to $10,276,829

Over $8,402,975 to $10,503,720

2 First-round picks
Second-round pick
Third-round pick

Over $10,276,829

Over $10,503,720

4 First-round picks

• Vintage 1

50 minutes ago, BPA said:

No idea.  According to some posters, Boeser isn’t worth anything and are willing to let him walk into UFA.

I think a $7M offer would be too much and would let that team get Boeser.  Anything between $6.5-6.99, I’d give it a serious thoughts about it but probably let Boeser go. Below $6.5M, I would match.

yeah its a curious idea, doesn't seem too likely but who knows?

8 minutes ago, JM_ said:

don't tease me, I'm still not over it 

Neither am I. :sadno:
Even as a healthy scratch, he’s still a mean bastard that we could throw into specific games to minimize abuse.

the ship is sailed but one can dream…

I wish we could have seen him and Zadorov together on our blue line just for the sheer amount of beef and snarl it would have entailed.

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, RWJC said:

Neither am I. :sadno:
Even as a healthy scratch, he’s still a mean bastard that we could throw into specific games to minimize abuse.

the ship is sailed but one can dream…

I wish we could have seen him and Zadorov together on our blue line just for the sheer amount of beef and snarl it would have entailed.

He was never a mean bastard. In fact they showed him tape of pronger stomping people, smashing their heads into the glass and straight up assaulting dudes. He wasn't down for that, he just wanted to make plays and skate like a regular sized dude. Of course there were times when people got in his face/way and he swatted them but he never went out of his way to impose his strength/size, what a thing of beauty it could have been.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, coryberg said:

He was never a mean bastard. In fact they showed him tape of pronger stomping people, smashing their heads into the glass and straight up assaulting dudes. He wasn't down for that, he just wanted to make plays and skate like a regular sized dude. Of course there were times when people got in his face/way and he swatted them but he never went out of his way to impose his strength/size, what a thing of beauty it could have been.

he was imposing and could use his size.

he could hit like a freight train if he wanted to.

and he could scrap.

limited sample size:

https://www.hockeyfights.com/players/21061

i agree with you, but he's not passive on the ice or in his own zone when things get unruly.

The Islanders have been mentioned as having interest in Boeser.  I don’t particularly see a fit… they need to move out forwards and are thin in defence.  They need extra cap space as a Dobson extension needs to be inked.

A deal involving Boeser+ for Pulock would be pretty stellar though.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, JM_ said:

Assuming it isn’t a low end of that where we would match… I take a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in 2023 for Boeser any day of the week.  Any unprotected 1st round pick in 2023 is worth a gamble on.

Use our Swedish mafia to convince Forsberg to sign for not much more than Boeser’s QO would have been and you have upgraded the position for the same cap space and have a bunch of picks from letting Boeser walk.

• Cheers 1

On 6/26/2022 at 7:29 PM, Provost said:

Assuming it isn’t a low end of that where we would match… I take a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in 2023 for Boeser any day of the week.  Any unprotected 1st round pick in 2023 is worth a gamble on.

Use our Swedish mafia to convince Forsberg to sign for not much more than Boeser’s QO would have been and you have upgraded the position for the same cap space and have a bunch of picks from letting Boeser walk.

Forsberg is likely asking for 9M or more on an 8 year deal which would be about 10M on a 7 year deal.  Only Nashville can offer him 8 years.  

When negotiations started Friedman said that Poile is fully aware that they have to offer Forsberg more than Johansen/Duchene's 8M, but they were hoping to keep it under Josi's 9M.  Poile confirmed this week that they've made him an 8 year offer but that things aren't close.  It kind of suggests that he's hoping for at least 9M if not more, over 8 years.

EDIT: Per Seravalli he is asking for much less than Josi - he says he was told in the low 8's.

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1