The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Edit)(Disscussion) Evander Kane UFA / Contract Termination Investigated

SilentSam

On 12/24/2021 at 3:12 PM, SilentSam said:

Kanes team the SJ Sharks is just playing .500 hockey without him,.  With him they were better.

He is a 7m dollar player ..  where in this league are you going to find that type of output for 3.5m , without it costing more at some point.   3 seasons at 3.5 ,  when we are already in a position of moving Boeser or Pearson at 7 m. Makes too much sense.

Show me the documented off ice issues that have not been thrown out of a court of law that comes from a credible source with witnesses that have no conflicting relationship in any matter.

Youve bought into hype.. heading into the locker room of cancer next I suppose.??

lemmings GIF

Is San Jose having enough grounds to terminate his contract good enough documented off ice issues for you?

So the guy's not even taking Covid seriously. Why exactly do people want him when he KEEPS having controversies? I'll grant that it's commendable to want to see the best in others, but he's not going to magically be good for us.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, timberz21 said:

Is San Jose having enough grounds to terminate his contract good enough documented off ice issues for you?

After he clears waivers for purpose of contract termination,.   And then is signed as a UFA with another Team with a new contract,.  And goes on to win his appeal because of false information..   he may collect two contracts.

I hope San Jose Management is certain of their information,.  Cause they have just brought a lot of negative attention to themselves and their team.  They’ve set themselves up to look ridiculous.

at their own expense.  .  .  No body else.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, timberz21 said:

After he clears waivers for purpose of contract termination,.   And then is signed as a UFA with another Team with a new contract,.  And goes on to win his appeal because of false information..   he may collect two contracts.

I hope San Jose Management is certain of their information,.  Cause they have just brought a lot of negative attention to themselves and their team.  They’ve set themselves up to look ridiculous.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

After he clears waivers for purpose of contract termination,.   And then is signed as a UFA with another Team with a new contract,.  And goes on to win his appeal because of false information..   he may collect two contracts.

Of course.  It’s everyone else’s fault, except Evander’s.  :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Alflives said:

it’s how people outside of the situation react before they get the full story ,  or a courts ruling Alf.

that’s what I laugh at.

im not saying he did or didn’t..

Sharks are saying he did.

Kane is saying he didn’t.

the truth will come out.

but nobody on these boards , including myself know the truth yet.

The hype by many on headlines as information is ridiculous.. childish sandbox banter actually.

but for his agent to publicly come out and say he is standing with Kane is impressive.

DDBEC873-D771-4409-90BE-87CBEBD3770D.thumb.jpeg.755c7a5319b15bc1f2c120fda87289fb.jpeg

• Haha 1

Just now, SilentSam said:

it’s how people outside of the situation react before they get the full story ,  or a courts ruling Alf.

that’s what I laugh at.

the truth will come out.

The hype by many on headlines as information is ridiculous.. childish sandbox banter actually.

but for his agent to publicly come out and say he is standing with Kane is impressive.

DDBEC873-D771-4409-90BE-87CBEBD3770D.thumb.jpeg.755c7a5319b15bc1f2c120fda87289fb.jpeg

People, like his agent, can say:

image.gif.c164cd7932aa97405b644b25ccd7696f.gif

But In Evander’s case, it is a very big one.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, timberz21 said:

We don’t know that they actually have grounds to do it and won’t for some time.

We know they badly wanted out of his contract and have CLAIMED a rule violation that they want to claim is a material breach of his contract and grounds for termination.  Not just any breach of contract gives you the right to terminate it.

What examples do we have of NHL players successfully having their contracts terminated for bad behaviour?  Heatley for being convicted on several charges including vehicular homicide?  I don’t think he lost his contract.  Patrick Kane’s exploits?  Domestic violence just warrants a suspension according to history.  Kassian hitting rock bottom or reams of guys getting caught being coked up?  Nope, contracts not terminated.

Is an arbitrator going to view a guy going up to see his parents for Christmas against a junior hockey league travel policy worse than those things?

Not unless Kane violated some actual

laws going across the border or made himself ineligible for travel to either country.

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

if you make a decision for yourself, your interests, or somebody else..   you hold responsibility for that action.

For the Sharks sake,.  I hope their management is absolutely sure of the information they have to turn this decision into action.

This will not be left up to the league to decide on, even if they support the Shark org..

they too may become liable for honouring that clubs request.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

People, like his agent, can say:

image.gif.c164cd7932aa97405b644b25ccd7696f.gif

But In Evander’s case, it is a very big one.

interested spy GIF

always remember to check and see if Earth is there for real,.  Or not ;) 

Edited by SilentSam

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

that’s what I laugh at.

the truth will come out.

Pretty sure Mike Richard’s filed the same grievance.  I’m guessing this one goes the same way.

pretty sure the Sharks are more powerful financially than Evander and this has gone through better lawyers than Kane can afford.

im guessing It’s sticks.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

that’s what I laugh at.

the truth will come out.

He's going to lose out once the arbitrator sides with the Sharks and Kane is working at Burger King; of course he's going to fight this whether or not the case is legitimate.   Bottom line is San Jose would rather do this than allow this piece of trash to be in the dressing room, even at the AHL level. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Provost said:

We know they badly wanted out of his contract and have CLAIMED a rule violation that they want to claim is a material breach of his contract and grounds for termination.  Not just any breach of contract gives you the right to terminate it.

What examples do we have of NHL players successfully having their contracts terminated for bad behaviour?  Heatley for being convicted on several charges including vehicular homicide?  I don’t think he lost his contract.  Patrick Kane’s exploits?  Domestic violence just warrants a suspension according to history.  Kassian hitting rock bottom or reams of guys getting caught being coked up?  Nope, contracts not terminated.

Is an arbitrator going to view a guy going up to see his parents for Christmas against a junior hockey league travel policy worse than those things?

laws going across the border or made himself ineligible for travel to either country.

Pretty sure the Sharks have consulted very expansive lawyers before doing this decision and probably the NHL and/or Bettman.  

Bettman does not want one of his teams to loom foolish by doing a move like this.

im going to go on a limb here and say that the Sharks did their due diligence before going through with this.

the player and nhlpa have rights to appeal but I’m guessing they don’t have a solid case imo

Edited by timberz21
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He's going to lose out once the arbitrator sides with the Sharks and Kane is working at Burger King; of course he's going to fight this whether or not the case is legitimate.   Bottom line is San Jose would rather do this than allow this piece of trash to be in the dressing room, even at the AHL level. 

1 hour ago, Provost said:

According to E Friedman there are already teams ready to offer him a contract,.  This is going to be interesting,.  No matter who has enough money . 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, timberz21 said:

Pretty sure the Sharks have consulted very expansive lawyers before doing this decision and probably the NHL and/or Bettman.  

Bettman does not want one of his teams to loom foolish by doing a move like this.

im going to go on a limb here and say that the Sharks did their due diligence before going through with this.

the player and nhlpa have rights to appeal but I’m guessing they have a solid case imo

I’m sure the Black hawks did theirs with Kyle Beach.

• RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

According to E Friedman there are already teams ready to offer him a contract,.  This is going to be interesting,.  No matter who has enough money . 

Hopefully he goes to Edmonton or Calgary and further damages their dressing rooms. 

• Cheers 1