The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fire the Assistants too

Rate this topic

BertaNuck

48 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe Shaw gets promoted to head coach until the end of the year?  Then reevaluate top to bottom in the organization?  

Has to be this if we're really looking at a GM change (or more, like a President of Hockey Operations or restructuring the whole organization).  Boudreau, Julien, Babcock and all the usual suspects will still be available in a few months' time if that's what the new GM wants.  Hopefully we can do better, though.

3 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Has to be this if we're really looking at a GM change (or more, like a President of Hockey Operations or restructuring the whole organization).  Boudreau, Julien, Babcock and all the usual suspects will still be available in a few months' time if that's what the new GM wants.  Hopefully we can do better, though.

Boudreau

3 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Honestly, I'd be happy if they fired the assistants first and kept Green for now to see how the team performs without Baumer and King.

This is a baby step I agree with. I imagine the the delay is partially do to securing the right replacements. We need more gravitas.

Scorch earth.......................................................

JB Pew Pew

Green Kachaow!

King ZoinK!

Baumer BlarPPPP!

Shaw you're cool........ For now!!

Sedins Firedddddddd. Come back later when we don't suck.

Linden... Oh wait we already did that one!

Weisbrod BiFF

Michael Doyle you're on notice shave those sideburns!

Jarvis.... This isn't Iron Man.

Jonathan Wall analytics what anaylitics??

Ryan Johnson has already experienced hell and high water. Make him GM

Higgi's tenure will be determined by ab's quality.

The entire human performance department and medical staff yaaaaaaa about that!

Christian Aquelini cant even dress himself. 

Pat O'niell New Prez of hockey Opp. 

5 hours ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Agreed. Shaw hasn’t impressed me at all and deserves to be on the list too. I was stoked when we got him, but now not so much. We have a worse GAA then last year and our defense has looked terrible all season. Whatever he’s been doing hasn’t worked.

That kind of depends. If Green and Baumer won't listen to him, how is supposed to make changes? 

On 11/27/2021 at 11:20 AM, King Heffy said:

Baumer and King are unfit to coach at any level.  No one in their right mind looks at the work of these incompetent clowns and considers them for any job in hockey other than maybe flipping the burgers in the concessions under adult supervision.

Considering how they coach people to be stationary pylons, they would flip the burger in the air and miss it on the way down as it hit the floor. 

The burger manager says no thanks.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Considering how they coach people to be stationary pylons, they would flip the burger in the air and miss it on the way down as it hit the floor. 

The burger manager says no thanks.

Do you think they could handle dropping the fries, or does their love of excessively long shifts mean they'd leave them in for too long?

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Could he possibly be worse than the unqualified morons currently behind the bench?

I wouldn't consider it outside the realm of probability.

He wouldn't even be a rookie coach from the AHL but an actual legit newbie coach with highschool experience.

We need actual NHL coaches.

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

I wouldn't consider it outside the realm of probability.

He wouldn't even be a rookie coach from the AHL but an actual legit newbie coach with highschool experience.

We need actual NHL coaches.

I agree, but Bieksa at least does understand the sport, while Baumer and King have proven themselves to be unfit to coach at any level whatsoever.