The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

He may arguably be under Dermott but no reason he should be sitting regularly for Stillman. 

Yes, Dermott is a wildcard.  We were sure playing better last season when he was in. 

I like Poolman, too, when he’s on.  A big mobile defensive D is exactly what we need, (with just a little better puck skills.). He actually looked very good this year in the limited time he was healthy. 

Burroughs just feels like he plays his tail off every night.  When some pieces start to move around hopefully he gets a shot.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Key point in your quote is “on their team”.  We stink.  On a “good team” OEL is bottom pairing.  But then good teams aren’t paying their bottom pairing guys 7.2 per.  That’s one reason why they’re good.  

He’s not a bottom pair d full stop. 

• Thanks 1

OEL is as much the problem as our dead cap is…about $2M of wasted cap. Let’s see how he plays after learning the next coach’s system. 

back to Horvat… 2.5 months is a long time for negotiations to advance. And if the Flames offer us Andersson for Boeser, we reply “Yes, thank you. Please also take our DJ free of charge.”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yeah, most #4 dmen are second for ATOI and 8th on their team, 2nd for dmen in points. 

I get it - you really like OEL.  I will repeat myself and please pay attention:  right now, he is soft and prone to mental errors or basically, he doesn't make this team better cause the yearly results are still medicore.  And chances, are good he will continue to regress, with age.  Even, with the loser Yotes, he was being benched and lucky for them JB was in love with him, like you are.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

I have no control over it. But I’d rather have the guy working his ass off over the one completely giving up on plays. But that’s just me. 

99 point guy vs 60 point guy.  And both are good at faceoffs but suck without the puck.  Hmmmm.  I wonder why our management chose to pay Miller and not Bo?  We all love Bo!  He’s loveable.  Great guy.  But Miller is easily the better player.  It’s not ev3n close.  Just look at their number over the last three years.  And don’t focus so much on a 20 game sample.  Look at the 200 games.  Only a moron management group would choose Bo over Miller.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I have no control over it. But I’d rather have the guy working his ass off over the one completely giving up on plays. But that’s just me. 

Your idea of hard work and mine are completely different. Bo is just too inconsistent for my liking. Time for a new look and Regime for this team. Oh yeah, Miller is similar so I can't argue there.

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I’m talking about the presenters which you said had no idea who he was. They did a piss poor job as presenters if they had no idea who a guy ranked in the top 20 in MULTIPLE scouting ranks is. Not sure why this is so hard to understand. 

Your choice in word is as fuzzy, as your logic.  Presenter ? Do you mean Ratman or Allvin ?

Just now, EdgarM said:

Your idea of hard work and mine are completely different. Bo is just too inconsistent for my liking. Time for a new look and Regime for this team. Oh yeah, Miller is similar so I can't argue there.

I haven't seen Bo try to make stupid cross ice passes on the PP to give the other team SH breakaways.  just saying ....

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I get it - you really like OEL.  I will repeat myself and please pay attention:  right now, he is soft and prone to mental errors or basically, he doesn't make this team better cause the yearly results are still medicore.  And chances, are good he will continue to regress, with age.  Even, with the loser Yotes, he was being benched and lucky for them JB was in love with him, like you are.  

This has nothing to do with “being in love with him” facts back up he’s easily a top 4 and currently a top 2 dman even playing behind Quinn who is our top dman and plays the same side ergo gets more opportunity and ice.  

Myview of him in the top 4 is much more based in reality than he is a bottom pair dman and the facts back it up. Full stop. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Miller can get 99 points and can be a force on the PP. With the right wingers he can get back to that level from last year. 

BO had his run here. If he wants an 8x8 contract he can get that from someone else. 

Isn't it more than 8x8?  I thought he turned that down.

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He’s not a bottom pair d full stop. 

Yes he is.  You can proclaim all you want that OEL isn’t a bottom pair guy.  But on a good team that’s exactly where he would slot in.  But again, I point out, that good teams don’t have OEL contracts. We do, and that’s just another reason why we stink. 

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • There it is 1

OEL IS NOT THE PROBLEM :). Regardless, he will ride off into the sunset and retire a wealthy person without creating fuss during a rebuild.  He will provide some veteran help to others.  D-men drafted will not be ready until after OEL's contract is up.

Miller on the other hand.....

Back to Bo - trading him will mark the start of a new era and a rebuild.  Brock and Bo are gone.  If they can trade Miller, they should.  They likely can't keep Kuz.  These moves alone should pave the way towards a haul of draft picks.  If EP and QH aren't all in for a rebuild, the Canucks could own several drafts to come.

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Yes he is.  You can proclaim all you want that OEL isn’t a bottom pair guy.  But on a good team that’s exactly where he would slot in.  But again, I point out, that good teams don’t have OEL contracts. We do, and that’s just another reason why we stink. 

The only team he may be a bottom pairing guy is on Colorado.  He's in the middle pairing on practically every other team.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

99 point guy vs 60 point guy.  And both are good at faceoffs but suck without the puck.  Hmmmm.  I wonder why our management chose to pay Miller and not Bo?  We all love Bo!  He’s loveable.  Great guy.  But Miller is easily the better player.  It’s not ev3n close.  Just look at their number over the last three years.  And don’t focus so much on a 20 game sample.  Look at the 200 games.  Only a moron management group would choose Bo over Miller.  

If you score 99 and allow 129 are you really better than the guy who scores 60 and allows 65-70? 

Bo is also currently on pace for 59 goals alone this year. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1