The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

20 hours ago, cripplereh said:

Wish I could sit down with the owner and management and get them to rebuild as that is what this team needs,no more bandaids.

8BF764EA-7E90-4F5E-B8AB-B28CEF17FC23.jpeg.f08b882d979c6d32a8a860461fa5bb76.jpeg

some one did. They got fire and we (the fans) got screwed. 
ownership has been a problem here since they got full control nothing will change until they are gone. 

3 minutes ago, combover said:

ownership has been a problem here since they got full control nothing will change until they are gone. 

Sad thing is they probably could have given the Sedins one more chance at a playoff run had they done a rebuild then.

Team could have been competitive by the 15-16 season if the rebuild was done proper.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Sad thing is they probably could have given the Sedins one more chance at a playoff run had they done a rebuild then.

Team could have been competitive by the 15-16 season if the rebuild was done proper.

Yes and depending who wants to stay we could get about 4 to 5 firsts and 4 prospects in three years should turn it around.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Hindsight and all that, but damn imagine if after the window passed on the Sedin era team they went with a rebuild plan and moved our vets for picks/prospects. We could have been in a much different place. 

Instead we have a somewhat young team with good young pieces but a few giant contracts on vets, no identity or plan other than re-tool on the fly (which is very hard to do). 

I still think re-sign Bo to 7 or below (hopefully below), build around Petey, Hughes and Demko and trade Miller this year (before new deal kicks in) and 1 of Garland/Boeser. OEL will be too hard to move so we have to accept he'll be our #2 LHD for the foreseeable future (I don't hate him, just a little overpaid imo). Meyers I'm less concerned about since he has only this year and 1 more left (and his money situation makes him easier to move next year if needed). If that is all done then we will at least have cap space going forward and hopefully bring back some draft picks or prospects. 

If this season keeps going terribly, oh well hopefully get a top 5 pick (we'll never get #1 Canucks fans, we know we're cursed so don't plan on it) and maybe some other good picks in a deep draft then next year look to move forward.  

18 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

Hindsight and all that, but damn imagine if after the window passed on the Sedin era team they went with a rebuild plan and moved our vets for picks/prospects. We could have been in a much different place. 

Instead we have a somewhat young team with good young pieces but a few giant contracts on vets, no identity or plan other than re-tool on the fly (which is very hard to do). 

I still think re-sign Bo to 7 or below (hopefully below), build around Petey, Hughes and Demko and trade Miller this year (before new deal kicks in) and 1 of Garland/Boeser. OEL will be too hard to move so we have to accept he'll be our #2 LHD for the foreseeable future (I don't hate him, just a little overpaid imo). Meyers I'm less concerned about since he has only this year and 1 more left (and his money situation makes him easier to move next year if needed). If that is all done then we will at least have cap space going forward and hopefully bring back some draft picks or prospects. 

If this season keeps going terribly, oh well hopefully get a top 5 pick (we'll never get #1 Canucks fans, we know we're cursed so don't plan on it) and maybe some other good picks in a deep draft then next year look to move forward.  

Ues bit again that is the way we have been going in retools and have we got any better?Trade everyone we can and do a proper rebuild.

2 hours ago, combover said:

You know what? Serves them ducking right. I know we’re in the crosshairs as fans, but AQ is getting the butt end of the stick and for me that’s a silver lining. Screw him and screw his family. They are what’s wrong in that franchise. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Sedins already said they would not waive and wanted to finish their career in Vancouver. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

People can feel all they want, doesn’t change what the guys with the NMC want and do. 

Yup you are right there.Me I would love my team getting better even if it meant trading me for a couple months,but that is just me being a team player.

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

Yup you are right there.Me I would love my team getting better even if it meant trading me for a couple months,but that is just me being a team player.

Everyone has their reasons and thoughts, considering the Sedins still live in Vancouver, their minds were made long ago. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

They made their choice dwelling on it is less than useless. 

Well this is forums and I was just saying what I would have done.It seems to bother people that I would do something different.They had the right to do what's best for them and did.So what's the problem?

29 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Well this is forums and I was just saying what I would have done.It seems to bother people that I would do something different.They had the right to do what's best for them and did.So what's the problem?

As much as it is a discussion board they retired years ago. Jerseys are in the rafters and they’re off to the HOF. Not much gained dwelling on it. 

On 10/26/2022 at 3:29 PM, SilentSam said:

Ever wonder why it rains in Vancouver,. ?

it’s the continuing dark cloud journalism,  and those that thrive on it.

Ottawa Detroit and Buffalo had a bad time last year too.

You are missing how optimistic this tweet was.

He could have mentioned that the teams under us were spending near or below the cap floor.  There weee years were Ottawa and Arizona had tiny budgets and used free IR players on insurance to fake making it to the cap floor.

In terms of wins per dollar spent we are almost certainly  #1 (last) with a bullet.

A doom and gloom journalist would have mentioned that part…. 

Drance was trying to pump us up by calling us just almost worst.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, combover said:

Patrick Johnson trying to make people forget he gets his news from 14 year old Anonymous Fake Reddit posts…

• Cheers 1