HOFsedins

So wit this in mind.

In order of who makes the most sense to go first and value for value

Horvat

Kuzmenko

Schenn

Myers

Boeser

Now with them all gone, this is the year to cash in we keep hearing afterall.  We are  picking top 5.  No arguments with Demko down.  Take the picks prospects for this and next year and be smart about it.  Bedard/Fantili/Carlsson are good feasible replacements for Horvat.

• Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

image.thumb.png.79b184bbea8f02e9dcc792e77bb2ba01.png

Servalli has already proven to be full of sh&@.

”One team is willing to pay” What is this garbage?

He’s saying a general manager told him they would give a contract to a player under contract? Since when do GMs ever say that? Especially to loud mouths like him.

And even if they somehow did it was only to drive up the cost for Horvat for the Canucks. What a gullible dummy.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So wit this in mind.

Horvat

Kuzmenko

Schenn

Myers

Boeser

Now with them all gone, this is the year to cash in we keep hearing afterall.  We are  picking top 5.  No arguments with Demko down.  Take the picks prospects for this and next year and be smart about it.  Bedard/Fantili/Carlsson are good feasible replacements for Horvat.

I'm pretty confident that Bo is gone and I'll be shocked if both Schenn and Kuzmenko are still here post deadline. They could both go, our January/February schedules look rough so our falling further out of it isn't farfetched.

Just now, BertaNuck said:

I think it’s going to take a lot of convincing for petey to stay

I'm inclined to agree, if we miss the playoffs this year and don't look competitive next season there'll be a lot of noise surrounding him.

Although I reckon the Canucks would open the bank for him in that case, and it'd probably be the right move.

My outside suggestion is Horvat and Boeser going to Buffalo for Skinners contract, this and next years first Mittlestadt and a throw in.

Buffalo then gives Horvat Skinners contract.  Van sells Skinner as that perfect winger for Miller and hey Mittlestadt can do a pull up now so good 3rd line centre/Horvat replacement plus picks.

This is absolutely a move I could see interesting Buffalo and I have no doubts with wtf has happened with van management groups since 2013 that this would be on their radar as sensible

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

image.thumb.png.79b184bbea8f02e9dcc792e77bb2ba01.png

Honestly, if a team is willing to pay No because they seem him as a young RoR, you gotta make that trade. Bo's a hell of a player, and I desperately wish we signed him instead of JT, but we can't over extend on him with the money we already have commited.

The bottom line is, he's not RoR. In him from RoR was one of the best 2 way forwards in the league, and an absolute force. Horvat is average offensively, and doesn't frequently break a game wide open. Yes, he's been unreal this year, not taking anything away from him. But I do not expect him to ever have another year like this one, this is his peak. He'll be a good player for years to come, but not one of the top forwards in the league like he is now.

Gotta make tough decisions if we want to move forward...

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

My outside suggestion is Horvat and Boeser going to Buffalo for Skinners contract, this and next years first Mittlestadt and a throw in.

Buffalo then gives Horvat Skinners contract.  Van sells Skinner as that perfect winger for Miller and hey Mittlestadt can do a pull up now so good 3rd line centre/Horvat replacement plus picks.

This is absolutely a move I could see interesting Buffalo and I have no doubts with wtf has happened with van management groups since 2013 that this would be on their radar as sensible

Buffalo has a lot of youth and picks to work with, I've suggested them as a landing spot for Demko. They have the pieces to be legit sooner than later, they just need to address their goaltending and improve their D and bottom six a bit. 

They've got the cap space, assets, and cap flex to do all those things.

Edited by Coconuts

19 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'm inclined to agree, if we miss the playoffs this year and don't look competitive next season there'll be a lot of noise surrounding him.

Although I reckon the Canucks would open the bank for him in that case, and it'd probably be the right move.

My guess is that Petey will make bank and have several options in two years so if the team isn’t competitive next season he’s gone. I could be wrong but he’s so competitive and driven that he doesn’t seem the type to stay just for top dollar. 

36 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

My guess is that Petey will make bank and have several options in two years so if the team isn’t competitive next season he’s gone. I could be wrong but he’s so competitive and driven that he doesn’t seem the type to stay just for top dollar. 

It's a legit concern, he'll be able to accept his qualifiying offer and walk sooner than later. Anyone who believes it's not possible that he could is deluding themselves, I'm inclined to agree that he's more interested in winning. He'd get paid anywhere anyway. 

Could be that we see our own Tkachuk style trade sooner than later if this organization continues to flounder. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

It's a legit concern, he'll be able to accept his qualifiying offer and walk sooner than later. Anyone who believes it's not possible that he could is deluding themselves, I'm inclined to agree that he's more interested in winning. He'd get paid anywhere anyway. 

Could be that we see our own Tkachuk style trade sooner than later if this organization continues to flounder. 

If we trade Petey I sure hope we get a better return than the Lamaroos did.  How terrible has Huberdough been, and at 10.5 x 8?  :lol:

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we trade Petey I sure hope we get a better return than the Lamaroos did.  How terrible has Huberdough been, and at 10.5 x 8?  :lol:

It's definitely not looking great, but he's also a playmaker and the Flames lost two legit goal scorers in Tkachuk and Gaudreau and didn't really replace that. Kadri's done well thus far but they need more punch up front. It's not as if Huberdeau suddenly can't dish the puck, Flames just don't have the scorers they did. 

Does Huberdeau need to produce more? Yes. Is it more complicated than him supposedly falling off? Also yes. It's no coincidence that they leading Flames goal scorer has 10 goals, or that the Flames as a team are tied for 19th in goals scored. Calgary made the best of a bad situation but that doesn't mean it was a perfect solution, Calgary brought in an elite playmaker but weren't able to address the goals going out via Gaudreau and Tkachuk. Lindholm and Mangiapane coming back down to earth hasn't helped either. 

If we do trade Pettersson it'll also likely be well in advance of such a scenario so as to get good value. There's no way they won't be keeping tabs on where he's at. 

Edited by Coconuts

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

So wit this in mind.

Horvat

Kuzmenko

Schenn

Myers

Boeser

I kind of feel like if we dont sign Kuzmenko Petey might not be happy.

• Upvote 1