The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

If Allvin has the courage of Nonis and Gillis he will tell our owner to suck pucks and that he will not sacrifice the club’s future for short term (hopeful) and short lived improvement.  Or he’s Benning and will do the owner’s bidding, regardless of the damage it does.  

Yup and I am very interested to find out, also.  Too bad, we have to wait to find out.

• There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

He does, indeed, float. Pay attention only to him when he's on the ice. When the team doesn't have possession he's not hustling to engage defensively but rather playing disengaged until they get the puck back. If he and Miller and Brock played defence like Petey we'd be a playoff team. 

If they played like Petey, we wouldn't be having discussions about trading them either.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

Might be a case of Bo wanting out 

This is his chance to get a windfall and play for a winning team 

I think he wants to go elsewhere, in which case, he saves us from our ownership 

Agree.  I'm sure his leadership has been under some scrutiny and he's now been insulted by the GM.  It's now or never for this management to get some return.  For those of you saying wait for the trade deadline......I get it, but history says Canucks on the trade block have an unfortunate habit of getting injured before the trade deadline.  If there's a seriously good package now, do it.....or rather

image.thumb.png.92d67872f1c97c46ff80b875564221ef.png

1 minute ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Agree.  I'm sure his leadership has been under some scrutiny and he's now been insulted by the GM.  It's now or never for this management to get some return.  For those of you saying wait for the trade deadline......I get it, but history says Canucks on the trade block have an unfortunate habit of getting injured before the trade deadline.  If there's a seriously good package now, do it.....or rather

Agreed - waiting until the last possible minute is a bad strategy 

Detroit might end up doing the same with Larkin, need to get this done before Larkin is put on the market 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

So you think our owner was stupid for not trusting an unqualified clown who couldn't draft, made a ton of terrible trades, and created a mess so bad that Bill Torrey couldn't fix it to do a rebuild?  Gillis should have been fired on the spot the minute he even suggested that Luongo trade.  A GM with a functioning brain would have just used the compliance buyout.  No more dead cap after this season; let's learn from mistakes.

You mean the GM who was in charge of our best teams ever?  Yes, absolutely our owner should have listened to that guy.  And these last eight years is the proof.  We went from our most successful GM to our worst.  I don’t get this owner at all.  Gillis left the team as one of the most valuable in the league.  Then while all other teams increased in value, ours decreased.  Benning, following the owner’s dir3ction to sacrifice the future with “win now” moves made our team lose value.  And yet our owner kept Benning longer than Gillis.  Now we have new management again.  And the dir3ction is clearly still the same.  Try to win now at the expense of the future.  

1 minute ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Or close to a WC spot

• Like 1

Just now, Jester13 said:

I.E. played with effort at both ends of the rink.

I know what you're saying.  If they all played like Petey, #1) We would probably be considered an elite team.  #2) They would be paid way more than what they're being offered/signed for.  #3)  The Canucks would probably be leading the division or at minimum be right behind Vegas.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

You mean the GM who was in charge of our best teams ever?  Yes, absolutely our owner should have listened to that guy.  And these last eight years is the proof.  We went from our most successful GM to our worst.  I don’t get this owner at all.  Gillis left the team as one of the most valuable in the league.  Then while all other teams increased in value, ours decreased.  Benning, following the owner’s dir3ction to sacrifice the future with “win now” moves made our team lose value.  And yet our owner kept Benning longer than Gillis.  Now we have new management again.  And the dir3ction is clearly still the same.  Try to win now at the expense of the future.  

How can you trust him to rebuild with that drafting record.

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Myers buyout only costs 1m/year on the cap - saves 5. 

Myers buyout costs us 5.333mil in cap next year and adds 0.333mil the year after. Only saves us $333,000 total... but we have to replace him so we lose out huge!

Screenshot_20221212_214957_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

@canuck73_3, you keep laughing at my posts and repeating how Bo was 34th in votes last year. He had 1 vote. Did you notice who had 6 votes and was 23rd in voting?

Again saying he is a solid 2 way player is not a stretch. And yes I am aware. 

JT floats far more often than Bo still imo. 

Edited by canuck73_3

Just now, coryberg said:

Myers buyout costs us 5.333mil in cap next year and adds 0.333mil the year after. Only saves us $333,000 total... but we have to replace him so we lose out huge!

Screenshot_20221212_214957_Chrome.jpg

Hmm 

looks like I need to lay off the cinnamon schnapps 

not sure why I read it as 1m before!