The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

12 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

The Carolina one seems a little more realistic…

Yeah the elements of that could work as well since Morrow could be a really good add for us.  Jarvis is good too, but I just feel like Lysell will be a bit better.  Jarvis has already proven out some NHL ability too which may be enticing for the Canucks.

If Carlo comes back as part of the return, then I think our D is fairly set next year.  Requires Dermott coming back and Myers being moved out:

Hughes Carlo

OEL Schenn

Dermott Bear

That could give us some proper balance, with allowing Hughes to have a big mobile defensive guy backing him up and OEL with the same (less mobile and older).  Dermott and Bear can play a bit on both sides of the puck, so they provide some nice flexibility.  This can be mostly in place for the next 5 years while we find a Schenn replacement after 2 years (internal or external), but it buys some time.

3 hours ago, Harold Drunken said:

That's why it's frustrating when they say they want to re-tool, because I feel like that means they won't acknowledge this....

Let's be honest,  it's not 'they', it's the owner who won't acknowledge it.

6 minutes ago, Boknows08 said:

What about Colorado? Or are these teams the most realistic who could sign Bo long term? 

Lots of futures in each deal which we would prefer but would management and owners turn around and trade them for players further along?

Bo + Bone + McDonnough for Byram + Newhook? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boknows08 said:

What about Colorado? Or are these teams the most realistic who could sign Bo long term? 

Lots of futures in each deal which we would prefer but would management and owners turn around and trade them for players further along?

Byram and Newhook fits the bill quite well, since Byram and Newhook are NHL players at this point.  Both have some downfalls (Byram with injuries, Newhook with performance), but they both have high potential.  Byram would require him, Hughes or OEL to move to RD, but I'm sure that's pretty manageable.  If we did that deal and did something around Boeser + Schenn for Severson our D would be in pretty amazing shape for the remainder of the year until we try and offload Myers:

Hughes Severson

Byram OEL

Bear Myers

Dermott

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Byram and Newhook fits the bill quite well, since Byram and Newhook are NHL players at this point.  Both have some downfalls (Byram with injuries, Newhook with performance), but they both have high potential.  Byram would require him, Hughes or OEL to move to RD, but I'm sure that's pretty manageable.  If we did that deal and did something around Boeser + Schenn for Severson our D would be in pretty amazing shape for the remainder of the year until we try and offload Myers:

Hughes Severson

Byram OEL

Bear Myers

Dermott

Maybe if we can use a Bo deal to get Newhook and Byram (especially Byram) we could then trade Hughes?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Maybe if we can use a Bo deal to get Newhook and Byram (especially Byram) we could then trade Hughes?  

I think we keep Hughes at all costs, however if we did the following:

Horvat for Byram and Newhook

Boeser and Schenn for Severson

Hughes for Nemec, Holtz and Mukhamadullin

We'd have a future D core of:

Byram Nemec

OEL Severson

Dermott Mukhamadullin

We have a lot of options, it's just a matter of if management can actually do something to move the needle.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Byram Nemec

OEL Severson

Dermott Mukhamadullin

We have a lot of options, it's just a matter of if management can actually do something to move the needle.  

That D looks really good.  

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Byram Nemec

OEL Severson

Dermott Mukhamadullin

Byram will fit on our LTIR perfectly!  Severson is also a pending UFA, so potentially a rental.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Byram will fit on our LTIR perfectly!  Severson is also a pending UFA, so potentially a rental.

Severson for Brock would be solid imo, plus we can see if he is a fit before committing to term wouldn't be the worst idea considering how some signings have gone here.

Expectation
- Horvat for future top prospects/picks

- Miller for a pick/prospect

- Boeser for a young player

- Pearson/Myers for picks if possible

Likely reality (based on past experiences)

- We get a "we believe we will get better value for Bo at trade deadline" and end up not trading him... likely losing him for nothing

- We keep Miller, where he will handcuff the team from anything in 4-5 years
- We use a 3rd with Boeser to move his contract
- Move picks with Pearson/Myers to trade them as well. 

Edited by Makaramel MacKhiato

2 minutes ago, Makaramel MacKhiato said:

Dream:
- Horvat for future top prospects/picks

- Miller for a pick/prospect

- Boeser for a young player

- Pearson/Myers for picks if possible

Likely reality (based on past experiences)

- We get a "we believe we will get better value for Bo at trade deadline" and end up not trading him... likely losing him for nothing

- We keep Miller, where he will handcuff the team from anything in 4-5 years
- We use a 3rd with Boeser to move his contract
- Move picks with Pearson/Myers to trade them as well. 

we will trade Bo, I am doubtful we will be blown away by the return - think late 1st and A- prospect/young player

agree with the rest of your statements. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

we will trade Bo, I am doubtful we will be blown away by the return - think late 1st and A- prospect/young player

agree with the rest of your statements. 

Allvin (as directed by our owner) will not take futures as the key part to a Bo deal.  I wish we would, because those futures have a chance of becoming better than Bo.  But any NHL player we get back will be a sideways move at best.  

13 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Severson for Brock would be solid imo, plus we can see if he is a fit before committing to term wouldn't be the worst idea considering how some signings have gone here.

NJD are constantly talking about how skating speed is an essential part of how they want to play - can't see how Boeser would ever keep up with them.  Barzal says he doesn't think he's ever played a team that skates as fast as NJD.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Allvin (as directed by our owner) will not take futures as the key part to a Bo deal.  I wish we would, because those futures have a chance of becoming better than Bo.  But any NHL player we get back will be a sideways move at best.  

What about a 3way? 

Bo goes to a team like Car who sends futures to Cbj and we get a package around Peeke. Cbj would like Bo but probably in the summer with where they’re at right now.

• Like 2

tbh, its getting pretty ugly, Bo's effort is starting to dip, the whole team is waiting for a shoe to drop, it looks pretty miserable there, so bad that they have to shield the young players and send rath, pods, hogs to Ahl so they do not pick up more bad habits. IMO they can not move Bo and Miller soon enough

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Boknows08 said:

What about a 3way? 

Bo goes to a team like Car who sends futures to Cbj and we get a package around Peeke. Cbj would like Bo but probably in the summer with where they’re at right now.

Yup.  Would be great.

what about Bo for Byram?

then Hughes for Byfield and Clarke?

Out: Bo + Hughes

In: Byram, Byfield, Clarke.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, mll said:

NJD are constantly talking about how skating speed is an essential part of how they want to play - can't see how Boeser would ever keep up with them.  Barzal says he doesn't think he's ever played a team that skates as fast as NJD.  

Was merely an example of dollar in dollar out not an actual proposal.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

that is why we are in purgatory

• There it is 1