The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

2 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

If your worried about a division rival more do than your own roster you shouldn't be in a management position.

I think people here need to temper their expectations shocking I know.

If Seattle ever considered dealing Wright I would be pleasantly shocked if they dealt him in a deal for Horvat. There is no world where the Canucks pry Wright AND say a 1st and Borgen for Horvat. You'd be extremely disappointed if you thought that was an option.

As for Lekkerimaki, he is a top prospect, fans need to stop crapping on a kid with insane talent that has had to deal with mono and a concussion. Its a joke people think he's a bust already or now trade fodder to package. You keep him.

If there is a deal involving Wright / Horvat. Vancouver should jump on it but likely be adding.

I agree with all of this except the JL part. I don't think too many are crapping on him but rather expressing some valid concerns with his development so far. Granted, he still has lots of time to turn things around, but if he's the guy you have to include with Bo to land Wright, you take the risk and pull that trigger. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HOFsedins said:

Ffs it was a bad example and bad choice of words but you know exactly what I mean. 

When I said "bash" it qas verbally not literally. Geez

It was a horrible thing to say, not a bad example or bad choice of words. Let's take a quick look at the word bash, in the context you used it in.

"Bashing is a harsh, gratuitous, prejudicial attack on a person, group, or subject. Literally, bashing is a term meaning to hit or assault, but when it is used as a suffix, or in conjunction with a noun indicating the subject being attacked, it is normally used to imply that the act is motivated by bigotry"

So at face value, you used the term as a litteral hate crime against homosexuals. Giving you the benefit of the doubt your asking why you can't verbally attack someone in a bigotry way for being homosexual.

Doesn't really matter how you justify it, it was a stupid thing to say.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Matt Sekers said he'd have to think about Horvat+Lekerimaki for Shane Wright. 

I wouldn't. That is a trade you jump on. Anyone disagree ?

What a turnaround this would he for us if that is on the table.

Pettersson, Wright and then one of the 6–7 centres going in the top 10 of this draft could set us for about 10 years.

59 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Who cares where they're at right now, though? I mean, so what if they make the playoffs for a few years with Bo? This trade would rid us of an aging Bo, create a load of cap space. and set us up for the next decade+. 

Where they are is only a minor concern IMO but it does matter. I'd probably do it for Bo straight across. Why are we adding JL? I'm not opposed to losing him but that's different than just throwing him in. Bo's the 30+ goal scoring, face off winning machine with legit NHL experience and a history of elevating his game in the playoffs. Wright's a hell of a good prospect but he's proven bupkiss at this level so far.

2 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Matt Sekers said he'd have to think about Horvat+Lekerimaki for Shane Wright. 

I wouldn't. That is a trade you jump on. Anyone disagree ?

I would consider it heavily.

i don’t like the Shane Wright has a bad attitude narrative. It’s similar to Jared McCann”s post draft narrative. 

he gave a look over to the Montreal table, kids competitive wanted and believed he was the best player and was going to play for them.

i think he’s handled being bounced around from teams due to circumstances very well and performed well.

having him as the future 2C behind Petey sounds very appealing to me. 

Petey

Wright

Hughes

Pretty solid core and age / timeline to build a very strong team around.

Horvat extended plus JL seems like overpayment though. Considering he’s a well established player who continues to grow, and can shoulder Vancouver captaincy duties and crush the faceoff dot plus being our divisional rivals. While Wright is still an unproven commodity, even though he has looked promising and comes with a lot of pedigree. 

It does seem fair though. And a Horvat / Beniers / McCann C Depth sounds really strong to me to right away and for the foreseeable future for them. So you could understand their interest if they really want him and don’t want to risk testing the UFA market or paying a big $ premium to guarantee getting him. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Where they are is only a minor concern IMO but it does matter. I'd probably do it for Bo straight across. Why are we adding JL? I'm not opposed to losing him but that's different than just throwing him in. Bo's the 30+ goal scoring, face off winning machine with legit NHL experience and a history of elevating his game in the playoffs. Wright's a hell of a good prospect but he's proven bupkiss at this level so far.

I don't want them to throw in JL, as I still have some hope for him, but Wright is too much of an elite prospect to say no. He should've gone 1OA. All the scouting reports had him as such, and his play since at various levels shows he's progressing nicely. He's also a rhc and a born leader with the same kind of fire as Petey, which is rare, even in athletes at the highest levels. Bo is also 28, as we all know, and lacks fire, and Wright is nine years younger. Plus, the cap savings... think of the savings. Laslty, we keep asking who would be our next captain if Bo leaves, the answer could easily be Wright if we snagged him. 

1 minute ago, R3aL said:

i don’t like the Shane Wright has a bad attitude narrative. It’s similar to Jared McCann”s post draft narrative. 

he gave a look over to the Montreal table, kids competitive wanted and believed he was the best player and was going to play for them.

i think he’s handled being bounced around from teams due to circumstances very well and performed well.

Petey

Wright

Hughes

Horvat extended plus JL seems like overpayment though. Considering he’s a well established player who continues to grow, and can shoulder Vancouver captaincy duties and crush the faceoff dot plus being our divisional rivals. While Wright is still an unproven commodity, even though he has looked promising and comes with a lot of pedigree. 

It does seem fair though. And a Horvat / Beniers / McCann C Depth sounds really strong to me to right away and for the foreseeable future for them. So you could understand their interest if they really want him and don’t want to risk testing the UFA market or paying a big $ premium to guarantee getting him. 

Where's this rumour that he has a bad attitude? Because of his death stare to the Montreal table that said "I'm going to make you regret this decision."? Reminds me of a certain alien death stare that we've seen and loved from our fan fave.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

I don't want them to throw in JL, as I still have some hope for him, but Wright is too much of an elite prospect to say no. He should've gone 1OA. All the scouting reports had him as such, and his play since at various levels shows he's progressing nicely. He's also a rhc and a born leader with the same kind of fire as Petey, which is rare, even in athletes at the highest levels. Bo is also 28, as we all know, and lacks fire, and Wright is nine years younger. Plus, the cap savings... think of the savings. Laslty, we keep asking who would be our next captain if Bo leaves, the answer could easily be Wright if we snagged him. 

I don't believe the underlined whatsoever.

I'm happy to add Wright, who I agree is a very good prospect (and the cap savings), just don't think we should be adding JK to Horvat, who is currently the superior NHL player, with a consistent and excellent track record.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Where's this rumour that he has a bad attitude? Because of his death stare to the Montreal table that said "I'm going to make you regret this decision."? Reminds me of a certain alien death stare that we've seen and loved from our fan fave.

Yea it’s silly I liked it tbh and I like wright

I really don’t see Horvat as a fit in Boston this year I see him as a fit next year if Bergeron retires. If Horvat goes there he’s a 3c he won’t replace Bergeron and he’s not going to replace krejci to play with pasta he’s not a playmaker and a trigger man. He’s not good enough to be a defensive center and u wouldn’t pay for Horvat to be a defensive center he doesn’t have a spot on the top 2 line nor the top pp. so I don’t see Boston paying for a guy that doesn’t really fit. Once Bergeron is gone then ya he’s a perfect fit. Beside Carlos 1st or Lysell 1st is not enticing 

Just now, aGENT said:

I'm happy to add Wright, who I agree is a very good prospect (and the cap savings), just don't think we should be adding JK to Horvat, who is currently the superior NHL player, with a consistent and excellent track record.

1 for 1 is still a clear risk for us

4 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Petey

Wright

Hughes

Petey, Wright, Hughes, and Demko.  That’s the next core four?

5 minutes ago, R3aL said:

1 for 1 is still a clear risk for us

Yup, I'd likely want at least a secondary piece, even if we have to add a bit on our end.

Something like: Horvat + Schenn + one of our two 4th's For Wright + Borgen and their 1st...give or take. We get the younger Borgen, they replace him with the experienced vet Schenn for their playoff run, we get a late first to mitigate the risk Wright never becomes as good as Horvat is now, they get the 4th for the likelihood he has a higher ceiling.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Fair enough on JL. We're covered at wing and can spare him being added (not that I want him to be), but we can agree to disagree on that. Re: Bo's fire, he used to have it, but he doesn't anymore with our team. Aside from his goals, he shows every night that he doesn't engage away from the puck, doesn't hit, fight, or block shots, really, and skates away from his teammates, yet again, from getting suckered. It's clear that he's an employee with one foot already out the door - at least I think it's clear to see when someone has checked out. He's also on the wrong side of our timeline. I'll add, re: his excellent track record, that his record isn't that impressive, really. A consistent 50-60 point guy who has a great contract year is not worth more than JT money. If you take out this contract year, would you trade Bo and JL for Wright, or is it this year that's making you pause? 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

We need centers more than we need wingers though.

We have Podkolzin, Hoglander, Karlsson, and Klimovich stewing down in the minors. We can afford to lose winger depth as long as it’s for a potentially elite center.

Sure, but if we can get a strong return for Horvat by himself, probably not wise to also give away Lekkerimaki.  Not unless getting Wright would obvoiusly be a big upgrade over what Horvat would bring alone.  

Just now, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Sure, but if we can get a strong return for Horvat by himself, probably not wise to also give away Lekkerimaki.  Not unless getting Wright would obvoiusly be a big upgrade over what Horvat would bring alone.  

I don’t which other team would give up a strong centre prospect for Bo alone like Wright.