The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

5 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Wright has a Jared Mccan type personality. That is why he fell. Personality risks are easier to manage than lack of talent, bad skating or injuries imo

The way he reacted to not being 1st overall screamed entitlement to me.

Might be a player who’s dad you have to deal with not unlike a former young player of ours.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

There were rumours they wanted to re-sign him. That very much could be in doubt now.

Miller or Horvat with an extension might look a lot more enticing now.

if presumably true it would have been very short term.  Wadell has been very disciplined managing CAR’s contracts.  Horvat maybe but Miller probably not.

1 minute ago, Angry Goose said:

if presumably true it would have been very short term.  Wadell has been very disciplined managing CAR’s contracts.  Horvat maybe but Miller probably not.

Running out of runway to be conservative.

At some point they need to go all in.

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

DeepDarkCrownofthornsstarfish-size_restr

Both?! ::D

It is an enticing fantasy but I will play along. 

Do they have the assets? They do have a young Russian LD who's destroying the KHL atm. 21 years old... 6'4''... 215lbs... 42 points in 51 games in KHL.

Pretty gnarly prospect. Could be perfect OEL replacement. Wish he was a RD though.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/514652/alexander-nikishin

Of course more is needed. They have two RD in Morrow and Heimosalmi. I prefer Morrow.

We'd probably have to take Kotkaniemi. 

Would be a pretty massive deal for sure. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Pacioretty had a rough non-contact injury. Looked bad.

Wonder if Canes might be more interested in Horvat or might even be interested in Miller...

their team philosophy is that they do not like rentals....well tada... I present to you JT Miller, not a rental 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The way he reacted to not being 1st overall screamed entitlement to me.

Might be a player who’s dad you have to deal with not unlike a former young player of ours.

I'd take a player who's upset where he was drafted over a player who gripes about where he landed 

Dude was confident, probably heard about it for years leading up to the draft, and he's young 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

There were rumours they wanted to re-sign him. That very much could be in doubt now.

Miller or Horvat with an extension might look a lot more enticing now.

Would be pretty insane 180 if we moved Miller and got something for him. 

Still probably would consider moving Horvat if there's overpayments available. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I'd take a player who's upset where he was drafted over a player who gripes about where he landed 

Dude was confident, probably heard about it for years leading up to the draft, and he's young 

I changed my mind about him after the WJHC where he did a good job as captain.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Don’t get me wrong I’d take him, but lets not hype him too much.

There may be some immaturity or character issues there. If Seattle was willing to part with him it would make me wonder.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I changed my mind about him after the WJHC where he did a good job as captain.

Yeah, he had a good showing for sure

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

There may be some immaturity or character issues there. If Seattle was willing to part with him it would make me wonder.

Ehhh, I don't expect teenagers to act like adults, of course there's some immaturity there

As for hyping him, he was in the mix to be drafted 1OA whether he went there or not, I'd take anyone who's recently been drafted in a top 4 slot 

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

No way he would have been captain this year for Team Canada if he had character issues given the off ice issues we've been hearing about for the last year.  I had my doubts but he stepped up after the loss and didn't make excuses.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Yeah, he had a good showing for sure

Ehhh, I don't expect teenagers to act like adults, of course there's some immaturity there

As for hyping him, he was in the mix to be drafted 1OA whether he went there or not, I'd take anyone who's recently been drafted in a top 4 slot 

And at one point Puljujarvi was talked about at the same level as Laine.

Character issues are definitely something to be aware of. Gotta do your homework on these guys.

If he dropped in the draft and then Seattle was willing to trade him there could be something there. Wouldn’t be the first time.

Just now, King Heffy said:

No way he would have been captain this year for Team Canada if he had character issues given the off ice issues we've been hearing about for the last year.

Hodgson was a wonder boy captain.

How’d that turn out again?

I wonder if some teams don't just throw trade interest out there, knowing that things won't go anywhere, just so that his side knows that they will want to talk to him in free agency. 

Francis was such a conservative GM in Carolina.  He had such a deep prospect pool and pretty much refused to move any to help the team take that next step.  Seattle always expected to be competitive.  They were already projected to make the post-season last season but brutal goaltending did them in.  Wright was picked 4th overall.  If things go as they plan, they are not going to pick that high in a some time.  They have such a shallow prospect pool and need to still build it so why would they tear it down before they even have an established structure.